gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:02:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What put you over the edge?  (Read 841 times)
Margarita
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2012, 12:12:03 PM »

I've been a Beach Boys fan my entire life, but I know I've really been more of a Brianista (though never anywhere near bloo levels of worship!)  I saw the BBs in concert years ago, but the experienced was dampened because Brian wasn't there. 
For years, I had the firm stand on various forums (under other screen names) that a reunion was a bad idea.  Though I also argued that Brian should never, ever go near Smile material ever again.  My bad.  But still…a reunion was something I never desired in the least.  I was very happy with Brian's solo tours.  Even the BBs Grammy performance turned me off.

When the tour was announced, I was interested to find that they were playing right here in Chicago.  I thought, maybe I'll go.  Then I found out that the dates coincided with the NATO summit, when the Loop is going to be filled with heads of state, their entourages and motorcades, and about a billion protesters.  And the shows are on school nights during a week when the principal is doing his annual observations.  I thought, no way in hell am I going. 

As I found out more about the tour, it seemed like it wasn't going to be horrible and embarrassing…not a cheerleader, gold lame jacket, or jumpsuit in sight.  I heard TWGMTR and loved it.  I eagerly read posts about the first show…and now I have tickets to see them at Milwaukee Summerfest on July 1st. 

What put me over the edge?  The reports of how they paid tribute to Denny.  And that they performed "Don't Back Down" and "All This is That".  And I also realized that there's a little part of me that, even after seeing Brian in concert 19 times in 5 states and two countries, still wants to see him perform in an actual Beach Boys show. 

But she's still dancing in the night unafraid of what a dude'll do in a town full of Heroes and Villains...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx