-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:55:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Anybody have a garden?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anybody have a garden?  (Read 2763 times)
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2012, 03:43:10 PM »

It's getting to be that time of year, so how is it? Whatcha growing?

No mas, por favor.
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »

I've got some herbs and berries. My cilantro and sage always grow like crazy, but I have to act fast when they're ready, before the squirrels get to them. The basil is starting to come in nicely, but the chives and strawberries are always a crap shoot. I wish I had more room to grow stuff, because I really enjoy it.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 05:57:28 AM »

Wow, I find basil is a crap shoot, have great success with Sorrel, which we use as a sodium substitute, and it grows as fast as your finger nails

I'm ripping' up some Dutch Creme potatoes in a week or 2 - moving into autumn down here in Oz, so will be starting to get things ready for next spring, around Oct/Nov for us.

We have 38 rose bushes and 75 000 weeds so will be pruning and digging' during the cold months.

I wanna get some chickens soon to crunch some escargo; our neighbourhood has a snail prob of epic proportions (Spanish Armada style) and as you know they f--k the hell out of the good stuff.   And there's nothin' better than fresh free eggs.

What about you, stack-o-tracks?

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:12:14 AM »

The only herb worth growing is oregano.  LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 06:35:33 AM »

I wish I had a garden. Instead, for the past three years I've lived in a ground floor flat with none, and two houses with patches of gravel and weeds out back. Sigh....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »

The only herb worth growing is oregano.  LOL

Can't make pesto with oregano! Well I guess you could but it would be a waste, I think. 

I've got a bunch of tomatoes, peppers, some strawberries, various herbs. I think everybody should at least grow something. Can always use 5 gallon buckets if you've got space with no dirt.

No mas, por favor.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 10:56:54 AM »

I do, but where I live, despite an unseasonably warm winter and early spring, it's wise to hold off on planting, so I haven't put in anything yet. Probably another 2-3 weeks or so before I'll put anything in. (After all, it got down to freezing Friday night.)

Last year I did a lot of herbs (basil, cilantro, chives, mint, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme), leeks, a few types of tomatoes, and several types of chilis (cayenne, jalapeno, one whose name I forget that looked like a cherry tomato, and a hot thai one). Not sure what I'll do this year, but probably something similar.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 08:05:59 PM »

Basil, 3 kinds of tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, radishes, carrots, turnips, beets, sunflowers, jalapeños, thyme, mint, oregano, cucumber, zucchini, pumpkin, lavender, rosemary, sage (a few kinds), pineapple guava, eggplant, plums, apples, peaches, and some more things I'm forgetting.

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: