gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 10:51:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who's Seeing the Beach Boys at Jazzfest?  (Read 1668 times)
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2012, 03:24:44 PM »

If some of you boarders are going, let's get together after the show for drinks and analysis!
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 06:43:52 PM »

Am I the only one going?  Good, I should be able to get right up front of the stage!
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 06:49:31 PM »

I'm going. Tomorrow will be a great day!

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
mammy blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 08:13:51 PM »

I'll be there, the skinny guy with navy SMiLE T-shirt on!!! Can't wait!!!

After show drinks might be difficult, because I have little ones waiting to see daddy at the end of the day. But I hope to meet some of you there. I'll be as far to the front of the general seating area as I can be!

Chris
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 01:53:52 AM »

Would anybody be up for providing the set list play by play to the board? 
mammy blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 03:28:42 AM »

It can't be me, I'm afraid, because my "dumb phone" doesn't do internet. Anyone else?

One general comment that I do want to make though is that because this concert is being played to a general festival audience and not a specific Beach Boys paying audience, it is very possible that the setlist tonight will be more confined to the classic hits... There is also a strict time allotment that has to be followed. When Brian did Jazzfest a few years back, it was a very "fun in the sun" oriented setlist, even for him. I'd love to be wrong about this, but I think it is important to prepare everyone for what to expect. Anything that happens or doesn't happen tonight will be in no way reflective of larger decisions they are making for the tour as a whole. I'm prepared to have a great time regardless, but I really do hope we get to see at least some things like the tributes to Dennis and Carl, All This is That, etc... This is a very music appreciative audience, after all, even if people are not just here for the Beach Boys.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:32:46 AM by mammy blue » Logged
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 07:26:42 AM »

I can post the setlist - but not during the show - I'll be too busy listening and looking at the old geezers!
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 07:45:03 AM »

Jon Stebbins & Howie Edelson flew in last night, so I'm certain we can expect reviews from them!
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 08:17:10 AM »

It can't be me, I'm afraid, because my "dumb phone" doesn't do internet. Anyone else?

One general comment that I do want to make though is that because this concert is being played to a general festival audience and not a specific Beach Boys paying audience, it is very possible that the setlist tonight will be more confined to the classic hits... There is also a strict time allotment that has to be followed. When Brian did Jazzfest a few years back, it was a very "fun in the sun" oriented setlist, even for him. I'd love to be wrong about this, but I think it is important to prepare everyone for what to expect. Anything that happens or doesn't happen tonight will be in no way reflective of larger decisions they are making for the tour as a whole. I'm prepared to have a great time regardless, but I really do hope we get to see at least some things like the tributes to Dennis and Carl, All This is That, etc... This is a very music appreciative audience, after all, even if people are not just here for the Beach Boys.

If I'm not mistaken, BBs are scheduled for 5.30 and the shows should end by 7.00
I think we should expect a shorter setlist and cherish what we get.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 10:50:01 AM »

I can post the setlist - but not during the show - I'll be too busy listening and looking at the old geezers!

Bicyclerider, can you provide the setlist up to the first half during the intermission?  You can email me privately the updates--if you can't get to the board through your phone....
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 12:17:21 PM »

I'm here now - where are you Chris?  There won't be an intermission for this gig.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx