gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:58:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PBS Special Announced. “Live from the St. Augustine Amphitheatre”  (Read 12379 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2012, 02:23:51 PM »

Admin....delete if elsewhere on another thread.

http://staugustine.com/entertainment/arts/2012-04-26/beach-boys-tour-be-filmed-here-pbs-program
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 02:25:09 PM »

HA! I'm going to be at that show!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 02:25:42 PM »

Why would they not choose the Hollywood Bowl

That show is going to be so special it's deserves to be pro shot

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
RCTID
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 02:26:50 PM »

sweet! i'll be there in the 4th row!

"you've got the beach boys...your firms got the stones"
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 03:01:49 PM »

Hopefully this will be one of many filmed.  When I met Mike last month I asked if the Beacon shows would be filmed and he said "a whole bunch of different ones are being filmed."  He wasn't specific but since we know that they were filming on opening night at Tuscon and now this PBS special...he seems to be right.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 04:05:04 PM »

PBS Special. I like that.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 04:10:34 PM »

Wow. Sweet. I will be there. Hopefully the presence of PBS cameras will make the performance even better!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 04:18:09 PM »

One thing to keep in mind is that PBS likes to air concerts on their network and tie them in with some kind of annual pledge drive which means the DVD sold by them could be expensive ($50-100). Also it might be a while before the DVD is finally availalbe in stores.  PBS aired Paul Simon's concert at Webster Hall in New York City last year and they apparently have a specific license to air it only on PBS until 2013...so fans like me have to wait a long while till we're able to buy it elsewhere.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »

You've got to scream something inside that only we would know.  It may make it onto a dvd or cd, too, you know. 
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 04:28:36 PM »

I'll be at that show screaming 'Freebird'!

Afro

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 04:32:38 PM »

It'll only be good if you do it in a drunken voice, until somebody hauls you out.  Don't sweat it, you can always watch the video because ITS GOING TO BE ON PBS. 

So "PLAY FREEEBIRRRRD"!!! "WHOOO FREEBIRD, I WANNA HEAR FREEBIRD!!!!!" then try to get a Freebird chant going, then while they're dragging you to the lobby, keep holding one long note so we can hear you fade away "FREEEEEBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddddddddddddddd"
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 06:50:30 PM »

You've got to scream something inside that only we would know.  It may make it onto a dvd or cd, too, you know. 

AUTOTUUUNNNNEEE!

And I will not be thrown out of this, that'll have to be up to someone else. This will be my first BBs concert, so they'll have to bring the firing squad in to get me out. Grin
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »

According to the article, this is one of two venues being filmed and that Hollywood bowl was scouted, maybe they thought it would be difficult to film there
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »

I was hoping there would be some special guests for the Hollywood Bowl show, that would come on stage and sing with the group. 
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 07:22:07 PM »

do we know of other filming in preparation for a for-sale DVD unrelated to the PBS one?  Cream, for example, put out a DVD of their Albert Hall shows. Did I not hear of one being produced from the BB shows?

thanks

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 07:25:45 PM »

do we know of other filming in preparation for a for-sale DVD unrelated to the PBS one?  Cream, for example, put out a DVD of their Albert Hall shows. Did I not hear of one being produced from the BB shows?

thanks

I don't think there's been an official announcement. All we've heard about so far is the PBS doc in June, and it sounds like they're going to film a concert for an accompanying special. It's hard to imagine a concert DVD would be an entirely separate thing -- it might be a different edit, have more material, etc.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 09:40:30 PM »

I was hoping there would be some special guests for the Hollywood Bowl show, that would come on stage and sing with the group. 

I am hoping there will be no special guests for any show. They can stay off the stage and take a flying ****! Grin
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 10:44:43 PM »

I do believe, that on the thread for tonights show, the gentleman that attended the show saw a sign posted informing everybody that tonight's show was being filmed. 

So it sounds like they're filming a lot of the shows, and somebody mentioned something about hearing the first show was filmed as well. 

Really in this day and age, it probably wouldn't add to much to the cost to film EVERY show.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 07:48:25 AM »

So, I gather this PBS special (Live from the St. Augustine Amphitheatre) is a separate entity from the PBS "Front Row Center" broadcast on June 7th (Summer's Gone)?
SBonilla
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 07:55:13 AM »

It'll only be good if you do it in a drunken voice, until somebody hauls you out.  Don't sweat it, you can always watch the video because ITS GOING TO BE ON PBS. 

So "PLAY FREEEBIRRRRD"!!! "WHOOO FREEBIRD, I WANNA HEAR FREEBIRD!!!!!" then try to get a Freebird chant going, then while they're dragging you to the lobby, keep holding one long note so we can hear you fade away "FREEEEEBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddddddddddddddd"
I'm going to request Beach Baby.
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 08:28:14 AM »

Request "Orange Crate Art." I heard a guy shout that out in 1996  and Mike told him " we don't do that one," in a really pissy voice!
jeremylr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 11:48:07 AM »

And I'll be in St. Augustine, too; first time seeing any of the Beach Boys; had no idea the PBS program would be shot there, so appreciate the heads-up...
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 09:53:27 PM »

I'm going to request Beach Baby.

Haaaaahahaha. That is pretty funny.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 08:36:47 PM »

The story below gives more details on this PBS special.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2012-05-02#.T6ML_OhYuuw

My understanding,  'the footage, “Live from the St. Augustine Amphitheatre,” will be part of a Beach Boys special planned to be nationally syndicated and aired on PBS on June 7.'

However a 2 hour special is also in the works...

Special planned

Thomas, who has worked extensively with Beach Boys leader Brian Wilson, said some of the footage from St. Augustine will also be included in a longer, 2-hour special, “The Beach Boys: Summer’s Gone,” which documents the group’s efforts to celebrate their 50th anniversary with a look back at their career. It features never-before-seen archival concert footage, plus songs from their new album, “That’s Why God Made the Radio.”

“These guys have been doing this for a long time,” Thomas said. “And their market appeal is still very strong, with at least three generations of music fans plugging into it. This really is a celebration.”

...so I'm hearing a 1 hour standard PBS show and a 2 hour special (plus DVD maybe?) to follow? If so the 2 hour deal will be great!

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 01:34:15 AM »

I am hoping there will be no special guests for any show. They can stay off the stage and take a flying ****! Grin

Then Stamos will be a certainty!

“We live in divisive times.”
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx