gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:34:06 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Artwork is out (oh no)  (Read 28211 times)
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2012, 12:35:51 PM »

The backcover was posted on Al's facebook site.

This image is what I expect to see when I climb to the top of the Beach Boys tour bus and threaten to leap to my death unless Mike and Alan agree to sign my copy of Pet Sounds.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2012, 12:40:08 PM »

I think it's ok. Well, the logo doesn' fit in very well, but that's not so bad. Only thing really wrong: ruce's short shorts !  Cheesy (I wasn't very fond of his waving, but that doesn't matter)

Bruce appearing in the band photo without short shorts would be like Mike appearing without a hat on. It's just not right.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2012, 12:45:56 PM »

SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2012, 01:05:17 PM »

The first thing I thought was that Mike looked the tallest. LOL
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2012, 01:08:02 PM »

This image is what I expect to see when I climb to the top of the Beach Boys tour bus and threaten to leap to my death unless Mike and Alan agree to sign my copy of Pet Sounds.

+11111111

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2012, 01:17:04 PM »

I think this back cover is quite good. It suggests that the BBs are perhaps fading away into the sea mists of the waves that engulf them as Bruce waves a fond goodbye. Or, maybe, they're sun-bleached heroes of yesterday, standing in the light, as they dissolve into memory and the ocean that was such a big part of their mythology. If this is to be their final album, then this is a fitting final image,

Things like this make me sad. it is very possible within 10 years they will all be dead.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2012, 01:22:03 PM »

krabklaw, you're such a downer Debbie Cry

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2012, 01:26:25 PM »

I think this back cover is quite good. It suggests that the BBs are perhaps fading away into the sea mists of the waves that engulf them as Bruce waves a fond goodbye. Or, maybe, they're sun-bleached heroes of yesterday, standing in the light, as they dissolve into memory and the ocean that was such a big part of their mythology. If this is to be their final album, then this is a fitting final image,

The backcover of the "The warmth of the sun"-CD evokes a similar image. Very fascinating

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2012, 01:28:34 PM »

The backcover of the "The warmth of the sun"-CD evokes a similar image. Very fascinating

Not as well, though, because they're just a bunch of stand-ins.

I don't want to think about a world without Brian Wilson.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx