gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:44:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So much for all the good feeling  (Read 9455 times)
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »

There was no reason for the item to appear other than someone inside the Beach Boys camp wants Melinda to look bad or at least to know the amount of control she has over Brian's life. Whether everything in the article is accurate or not, somebody on the inside wants the public to know about it. 

Um...yyyyeaaahhh. Well, if the "insider" was actually a credible figure and if he or she had actual evidence to back up his or her claims then the insider probably would have taken their story to a legitimate news source, not The Daily.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »

Brian is married. His wife is his partner.

That's how a lot of spousal abuse thrives.  I'm not saying that's how it works for this couple, but it's not healthy to give someone permission to make your life decisions for you if you're over the age of 18.  Partners are not parents.  

Yes, spouses are partners that deserve to have mutual decision making capability as to how their life as a couple runs.  Married people should compromise and comes to agreement on things like the houses they live in, where they go on vacations, how many kids to have and how to raise them, and things like that.  Which are very major life decisions, but they're in the house, not a person's working life.  It would be hard to run a business if everyone had to run their decisions at work with their spouse.  Which is why it's often a pain to work with married couples who both work at the same place of business, having done so.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:14:33 PM by mcg1119 » Logged
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 12:00:22 PM »

Eh, this kind of sh*t goes on in lots of enterprises, including bands.

It's not news--I believe it to some extent; this is the Beach Boys, they are not going to just be all happy huggy-wuggy with each other all the time and these issues of who is in control of Brian have pretty much been going on for 50 years; but I wouldn't let it rattle our enjoyment. At the end of the day, I am honestly just hoping all of them make it through this year in good health and make music by themselves or together for many years to come.
Tristero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 12:25:40 PM »

Nothin' to see here people.  Just a lot of vague hearsay and gossip spread by nameless "insiders".
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 12:30:09 PM »

As Wirestone put it, this is representative of the new high profile the band has achieved. Gossip comes along with it.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 12:31:39 PM »

Good feeling? Have you been on this board for the last couple of days?  We're all losing our collective minds!

That being said, the bigger name of the band means there's more opportunity for gossip that's old news to fans like us to spread to a wider audience.

I just wonder who the anonymous source is ...

If there is a source.

Forget this one.

“We live in divisive times.”
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »

why anyone believes tabloids is beyond me.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 12:52:58 PM »

There were tabloid rumors that Jessica Jones caused problems on the last Monkees' reunion by demanding to dance in the show. She a flamenco dancer, so the other guys thought it was out of place.  Tabloids love that kind of thing.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 01:17:56 PM »

I talked to my sister about this and sent her the link. She's not a Beach Boys fan, but she does track a lot of gossip columns online.

Her take: It's almost certainly entirely fictional. She said anytime a columnist writes someone "stormed out" of something, it's a giveaway that's its pure fabrication.

She even said she thought it was unlikely that anyone connected to the band or tour talked to the reporter -- someone from the Daily simply saw the group was touring, did some quick online searching, and decided to do a villainous Melinda piece.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 01:24:16 PM »

Then why did Jean Sievers allow herself to speak on the record about it?  She must have thought there was some sort of credibility that someone in the camp was trying to stir up s***, even if any or all the "facts" cited are completely untrue. 
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 01:28:19 PM »

Then why did Jean Sievers allow herself to speak on the record about it?  She must have thought there was some sort of credibility that someone in the camp was trying to stir up s***, even if any or all the "facts" cited are completely untrue. 

It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation, though. If she doesn't comment, everyone will assume it's true.
cablegeddon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 01:57:05 PM »

The beach boys aren't exactly Brad Pitt or Lindsey Lohan to these gossip publications so if they didn't have a legitmate source I doubt that they would bother with it at all. That source could be lying of course but that's another issue.

Brian Wilson fan since august 2011
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »

Totally untrue, Mike wouldn't disappear for 3 days, he would just go do TM

He'd yogi fly away. Cheesy

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2012, 02:16:48 PM »

Totally untrue, Mike wouldn't disappear for 3 days, he would just go do TM

He'd yogi fly away. Cheesy
That TM class to learn how to fly was a great investment. Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2012, 02:19:42 PM »

I think "This is completely inaccurate" rather than "No comment" registers as a pretty telling response.

And, again, I repeat, who the hell goes to The Daily with a story?
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 02:51:47 PM »

I think "This is completely inaccurate" rather than "No comment" registers as a pretty telling response.

And, again, I repeat, who the hell goes to The Daily with a story?

"The Daily" isn't a tabloid.  It's a tablet news app for iPad and Android.  They also write serious news stories.  You have to pay to subscribe to the app and can only view stories on the Internet that are linked via Facebook.  That doesn't mean it's not just gossip, or that it's true, but it's not strictly TMZ or the Enquirer, either.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2012, 02:55:42 PM »

I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 03:08:17 PM »

I have no idea what's true or not, but journalists do love to cast the wife as the villain, especially if the husband seems very influenced by her presence. Yoko and Linda...hello?
The Landy comparison is unfair. Is Melinda feeding Brian drugs that are turning his brain to mush?
They left out the part about how Brian is mentally ill and possibly incapable of doing certain things for himself and needs a strong person to lean on. It's possible that Melinda felt she needed to be there to "protect" Brian in a potentially stressful situation and suddenly she's cast as a controlling b*tch.
Oh, and I highly doubt he's not allowed to go to the restroom alone, as we've all heard about how he goes for his morning walks and deli visits alone. When one "fact" seems out of whack, it throws the whole story into question.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2012, 03:10:23 PM »

GEEZ

why post this Crap here PEOPLE?

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 03:15:37 PM »

Oh, and I highly doubt he's not allowed to go to the restroom alone, as we've all heard about how he goes for his morning walks and deli visits alone. When one "fact" seems out of whack, it throws the whole story into question.

Well, I think that was hyperbole.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2012, 04:04:11 PM »

Well, I think that was hyperbole.

Fair enough. But the idea that he doesn't have any independence doesn't seem quite right.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »

They all looked pretty well put together on the pictures I saw of the concert.  We'll see if Melinda rushes the stage tonight and starts beating Brian.  I doubt it. 
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2012, 10:31:44 AM »

If Melinda can do that, I hope she regularly chats with Stamos

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2012, 10:37:08 AM »

Foskett leaked the news. He kept following Brian into the bathroom, so Melinda stepped in.
PhilCohen
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2012, 11:32:08 PM »

I just wonder who the anonymous source is ...

Phil Cohen.

These rumors have nothing whatsoever to do with me. Demonizing me seems to be a popular activity around here.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx