gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680828 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 05:28:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm Broke (B Wilson cover)  (Read 4380 times)
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2006, 03:37:48 PM »

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3639710&q=hi

...wonderphil, here is my submission to Vol 2. The unreleased and exuberant "I'm Broke" ...Only Brian can make having no money sound so joyful, and I tried to stay faithful to the feel of the song as it appeared on the "Paley sessions" I hope this one makes the cut. IM me with your mailing address once again , and I will send you a disc of the WAV. file like the last time with Vol 1. Thanks...Paul McClelland

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 08:31:45 AM »

like it a lot, nice one Smiley

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 10:16:49 AM »

That sounds nice man, I'm diggin it. The song reminds me of Dennis' "Time" from Pacific Ocean Blue. I guess it's just that basic blues scale that gives that feel to both. Nice job man, I can't wait for Vol. 2 to come.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 11:15:41 AM »

Thanks, Woody and Painter...I was listening to this song again today, because it was hot off of the mixing board last night when I uploaded it, and I'm thinkin' to myself. This song is all about the old R and B feel. It doesn't stray outside the 12 bar format, and it really doesn't say a whole lot---it's a poor guy , ain't got cash, can't see a movie and he's gonna check on a job, but the 'feel' of the song is what hit me. It is so upbeat and wonderfully 'jump-shuffle', and I recorded it for a lark, because I knew it would be a lot of fun to do, and I am so glad you guys are digging on this ...

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 07:34:54 PM »

I like the sound of you having fun on this.  I had never heard of this tune before, I feel so clueless.  But what I have heard from the Paley sessions I like, and this is no different.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 01:02:17 PM »

You know, this song is included on some Paley sessions cds, and not on others, which makes it an even more elusive track from left field. Before I turn it in to wonderphil, I will slightly remix it, and cut 30 seconds off the end. It feels like it needs a quicker fade. So next time you listen, imagine the fade starting at about 2:10 and ending at about 2:26 in length, and that will be the version I submit...and thanks for the kind words, worms...

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 09:29:22 PM »

Sounds great. You kinda sound like Brian did, only better (and not strained). I like your voice, dude.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx