gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:55:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where We'll Go (original song)  (Read 2092 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2012, 02:34:35 PM »

Hello all! I wrote and recorded this song over the last few days. The drums are done by a great friend of mine, and the rest of the instrumentals are done by me (as well as the lyrics). It's a song about hiking with a loved one.

http://soundcloud.com/robert-borszich/where-well-go

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 04:40:02 PM »

Love it. Laid back, acoustic sound - perfect vocals too. Great job!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 04:11:00 AM »

I've got to give it another listen or two, but so far I like this one.  Move to Cincinnati so we can write together.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 05:21:36 AM »

Thanks guys!

MyPetSounds - it has taken me a few listens to get used to it - but it grew on me! And if things don't start picking up here I'll totally move there!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 04:36:37 PM »

Good stuff! Very simple and charming. Wish I could write like that!

And I'll a) follow ye on Soundcloud and b) finally get round to replying to that PM at some point, last two days have been mess of absolutely no sleep and essays.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 06:36:38 AM »

Thanks hypehat!

Lately I've been trying to create more upbeat tunes that are no longer than 3:00 minutes long...so this is one of my first steps into that territory.

And thanks for the follow on SoundCloud! And no worries on the delayed PM; completely understand!

brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 01:08:58 AM »

Nice. I would say: the intro goes on far too long -  four bars of intro would be enough (think of how G Martin suggested the Beatles begin She Loves You with the final part of the chorus and then straight into the verse).

The overall sound is very nice but the mix is muddy. The bass line line is also very boring (root note, root note, root note etc...) - writing an actual bass line that has melody, emphasis and counterpoint to it might solve some of the problems of muddiness as the bass wouldn't be lolling all over the tonic, but maybe EQig the bass would help a bit (see: http://www.mikfielding.com/EQ_Sound_Frequencies.shtml)

Keep up the good work.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 03:47:51 AM »

Thanks for listening and thanks for the feedback!

Indeed my bass lines are incredibly unimaginitive haha - for my electronica music I'm actually more creative with the bass, but with my acoustic stuff I'm more wary of writing more intricate/melodic bass lines for some reason. I'll definitely do something about it for my next song though.

I figured the intro is too long, but I loved the sound of that guitar riff when recording it - forgot that the listener may get bored with it Cheesy

Also thanks for the link! that whole site looks like it's full of useful info.

Anyways, again, I really appreciate the feedback and will definitely keep your suggestions in mind in the future!

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 09:21:55 AM »

Love that acoustic melody. Well played sir.

The nice short verses are a perfect build up to the hook. I love when you don't have to wait too long to get to the hook. Very Beatles.

Overall, great catchy little tune man - keep it up!
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 10:40:58 AM »

Listened to Island. That is one fierce intro.  Cheesy

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 03:50:38 PM »

Thanks guys!

I've got a new tune I'm working on that I can't wait to share. Hopefully I can get it fully recorded soon.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx