gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680840 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 04:05:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The First Gig: Anselmo Valencia Ampitheater Tucson, AZ 4/24/12 (SETLIST/REVIEWS)  (Read 199315 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: April 25, 2012, 08:53:17 PM »

I hope the autotune usage stops soon...I don't want that to mar the 8 June show!!!

That said, Wirestone brings up a good point. Something doesn't seem right at all.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:54:58 PM by Billy C » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 25, 2012, 08:56:50 PM »

I don't get it though. Are we talking sabotage? Is Stamos in the booth?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 25, 2012, 09:01:42 PM »

Are we sure its autotune? Backing tape maybe? Some new technology?
He started late on some songs and was filled in on in some places.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 25, 2012, 09:02:11 PM »

is it appropriate to request a PM as well? I fear I am unfamiliar with the PM, but I would like to be part of this discussion.

thank you
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 25, 2012, 09:04:07 PM »

Are we sure its autotune? Backing tape maybe? Some new technology?
He started late on some songs and was filled in on in some places.

This guy told me it's autotune

send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 25, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »

Please Make my evening, too!

Ya know, I'm pretty sure I heard autotune used on Brian's middle eight in the Dodgers Stadium version of Surfer Girl. He usually flats a bit on "ride", but in this case, the tone got weaker while the pitch stayed absolutely stable.

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 25, 2012, 09:13:48 PM »

On Heroes? I cannot hear it

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 25, 2012, 09:15:20 PM »

You must be crazy if you think he's singing like that by himself.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #583 on: April 25, 2012, 09:19:25 PM »

What happened here? I leave for a few hours, and now I'm... confused. Meanwhile, I'm back to my TM.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:30:13 PM by PongHit » Logged

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 25, 2012, 09:22:42 PM »

Ok uncle!  PM purty please.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: April 25, 2012, 09:32:33 PM »

heavens, I do hear Jeff singing Brian's parts (that's OK), but I cannot detect the autotune (should stay out of that issue).  But Dave is ripping some extraordinary solos, Mike sounds great, and the selection is great: Don't Back down, catch a wave--brilliant.  I can't believe this is happening: BB live in one window and a new single in an other.

thanks
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 25, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »

You must be crazy if you think he's singing like that by himself.
It is almost identical to how he sounded over here in Australia last time I heard him. The Surfer Girl part at the start of his chorus part is my only suss part.

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 25, 2012, 09:40:14 PM »

If it's really auto-tune, I don't want to hear it.  I also don't want to go to the show.  Brian's "people" have to be behind it if that's what is happening.  I'm not sure why they "allowed" him to go on the reunion tour if they had that little faith in him. 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #588 on: April 25, 2012, 09:41:10 PM »

heavens, I do hear Jeff singing Brian's parts (that's OK), but I cannot detect the autotune (should stay out of that issue).

You know? I don't really either. Something sounds off, but not necessarily autotune. Is there a different recording circulating? Cause from this one, here's what I notice. On 'Surfer Girl' I hear (too much) reverb and Brian's voice kinda give a bit towards the end of his solo. If anything, I hear the same reverb on Mike's mic (heh) during his speaking parts between songs, and on the audience. It's the damn acoustics of the room. If Brian's autotuned was Dennis on 'Forever'. There was a bit too much reverb on Brian's mic, which is odd because usually it is way too dry.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 25, 2012, 09:43:57 PM »

heavens, I do hear Jeff singing Brian's parts (that's OK), but I cannot detect the autotune (should stay out of that issue).

You know? I don't really either. Something sounds off, but not necessarily autotune. Is there a different recording circulating? Cause from this one, here's what I notice. On 'Surfer Girl' I hear (too much) reverb and Brian's voice kinda give a bit towards the end of his solo. If anything, I hear the same reverb on Mike's mic (heh) during his speaking parts between songs, and on the audience. It's the damn acoustics of the room. If Brian's autotuned was Dennis on 'Forever'. There was a bit too much reverb on Brian's mic, which is odd because usually it is way too dry.

It's autotune guys. On Brian's mic only.
rschwertley
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 25, 2012, 09:44:43 PM »

Have not done this before but would love a PM! Looking forward to Woodinville.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 25, 2012, 09:44:52 PM »

You guys are joshing, right? Right.

P.S. That's not OK imo.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 25, 2012, 10:05:11 PM »

After Billy's post and listening more ... I think he's onto something.

All is not as it appears here.

There may well be autotune -- although Brian is managing to slide off pitch a lot with it, anyway. But if there is, I doubt it sounded anywhere near as terrible as we think it does. There are issues with this recording. A lot of the vocalists are sounding metallic.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:11:39 PM by Wirestone » Logged
RBennett123
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 25, 2012, 10:13:10 PM »

Is it too much to ask for a PM on my first post??
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 25, 2012, 10:13:45 PM »

Wait: I thought this board was full of pro-tools experts who know what 'autotune' is and what setting to set it on, and they had all agreed that it was auto-tuned, in a live setting, on only 1 microphone.  

NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME MAYBE THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT?Huh??

Sayitain'tso.  

I haven't heard any of it, but it's kind of funny to hear Wirestone say things like "Once you've heard Autotune, you can't unhear it!" then having him say maybe it's not aututune.  

Maybe perhaps none of us know what the hell is going on?  Just enjoy the music guys, stop trying to pull back the curtain.  You won't like what you find back there, and he won't be able to send you back to Kansas.  
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 25, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »

Wait: I thought this board was full of pro-tools experts who know what 'autotune' is and what setting to set it on, and they had all agreed that it was auto-tuned, in a live setting, on only 1 microphone.  

Sayitain'tso.  

I haven't heard any of it, but it's kind of funny to hear Wirestone say things like "Once you've heard Autotune, you can't unhear it!" then having him say maybe it's not aututune.  

Maybe perhaps none of us know what the hell is going on?  Just enjoy the music guys, stop trying to pull back the curtain.  You won't like what you find back there, and he won't be able to send you back to Kansas.  

Never said I was perfect.

As a matter of fact, I sort of depend on it.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 25, 2012, 10:17:32 PM »

has passed more than ten years since the the nirvana candle has been off ,but in our minds the grunge sounds of the cobain lyrics and guitar,the great bass of novlosemic and tne powerfull drums of grohl still playing...
i was born after the end of nirvana but i heard it and i know to apreciate it and remember...
for us nirvana is alive

(god im crying!)

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 25, 2012, 10:19:15 PM »

It's entirely possible there's just something weird about the recording.  And as more shows happen it should become clearer.  Hopefully this will all just fade away and we'll all have a good laugh in a few weeks about how we were all freaked out about autotune.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #598 on: April 25, 2012, 10:21:32 PM »

I thought it was there until I listened to the recording. Listen to Mike's speaking parts, they sound the same as Brian's singing parts. It was recorded on an iPhone for Wilson's sake.

anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 25, 2012, 10:26:57 PM »

I was first listening to this at work, and I was like, I'm listening to an audience iPhone recording at 60kb/s through crappy desktop speakers at low volume with office noise all around me, so, how much can I really trust what I think I'm hearing?  I still really think Brian is being autotuned on that show, but I'm well aware that the evidence shouldn't be leaned on that hard yet.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 37 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx