gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:06:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWGMTR Now Officially Loaded On YouTube  (Read 17066 times)
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 09:40:56 AM »

Al looks like a corpse. Poor guy.

I love Al but I have to agree.  He hasn't come off all that well in the recent SMiLE interviews or this and I'm not talking about his appearance either.  I don't get wrapped up in stuff like that but he just seems very awkward up there.  Maybe interviews aren't his thing which is more than understandable. 

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Wylson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 09:46:51 AM »

That's a pretty offensive and disrespectful comment.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 09:56:51 AM »

For real. The guy is 69 years old....He looks fine to me.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 09:59:14 AM »

Getting off the topic of looks (who cares anyway?) the harmonies are so beautiful.  Just to have the chance once again to listen in who'd have thunk it?

God Bless California
....to sink into the sea
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 09:59:50 AM »

For me, not an instant favorite but really quite pleasant. Most importantly, it doesn't sound too forced (except maybe for some of the lyrics).

Sounds kind of retro without reverting to the fun-in-the-sun stuff, which is quite an accomplishment considering this is their 50th-anniversary single.

I don't expect this new album to be anywhere near as good as their 60s and 70s output but maybe we'll get another TLOS!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 10:07:51 AM »

Considering this is the group's first true collaboration in a very long time, we are really off to a great start.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 10:10:42 AM »

Considering this is the group's first true collaboration in a very long time, we are really off to a great start.

Absolutely.

I I think it's a good vocal blend, and Thomas has done a good job production wise, i.e it doesn't sound like the Imagination LP to these ears

It is also as far removed from Summer In Paradise as we can get.
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 10:17:50 AM »

For me, not an instant favorite but really quite pleasant. Most importantly, it doesn't sound too forced (except maybe for some of the lyrics).

Sounds kind of retro without reverting to the fun-in-the-sun stuff, which is quite an accomplishment considering this is their 50th-anniversary single.

I don't expect this new album to be anywhere near as good as their 60s and 70s output but maybe we'll get another TLOS!

If this comes anywhere close to TLOS I think we'll honestly have that classic album that we all wanted The Beach Boys to go out on.  It's a lot to ask for a band cruising towards seventy to be able to match the output of what they were capable of in their twenties but as it's been mentioned many times over there is virtually nothing the group can do in 2012 that can disturb their rich legacy of music from the sixties.

There will be those reviewers and critics too myopic to appreciate what is truly going on here and I guess some fans will fall in that vein as well.  The thing that will always hit home for me is that my other favorite band (The Beatles) never got and will never get the opportunity to do something like this.  There are also numerous other groups that never had a chance to have one more go around either.  I think with the anniversary, the album and the tour this has the potential to be something extremely special and if nothing else I hope the band has a great summer performing around the world together one more time.  

God Bless California
....to sink into the sea
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 10:24:07 AM »

It reminds me a lot of Keep an Eye on Summer from Imagination.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 10:37:30 AM »

The thing that will always hit home for me is that my other favorite band (The Beatles) never got and will never get the opportunity to do something like this.

You can never do better than the closing medley of Abbey Road, though. I think the fact that they did that made any post-group reunion irrelevant. They wrapped it up better than perfectly -- they did it iconically.

I I think it's a good vocal blend, and Thomas has done a good job production wise, i.e it doesn't sound like the Imagination LP to these ears

I think JT is involved, but I've begun to doubt that he's actually producing the record. Probyn -- and then, most importantly, Al -- have both called him an executive producer.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 10:42:12 AM »

To me it sounds very much in line with Brian's solo stuff from the last decade, with one BIG difference - those Beach Boy harmonies. It turns a good song into a great one. Looks like we're getting the real deal here.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 11:01:57 AM »

To me it sounds very much in line with Brian's solo stuff from the last decade, with one BIG difference - those Beach Boy harmonies. It turns a good song into a great one. Looks like we're getting the real deal here.

I'm a bit out of the loop with this BB 50 thing and have to say I have pretty low expectations when it comes to new material however this song is a pleasant surprise. The chords and complexity of the harmonies have Brian written all over them - I'm looking forward to hearing this properly.

Listening again, this is really impressive, even if the production is a little polished for my tastes. Beautiful stuff.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:05:48 AM by buddhahat » Logged

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »

Can't watch it in Germany..  Undecided But I guess I've seen it enough times already via the illegal upload.. Waiting for the CD to arrive now. Any info/guesses on possible bonus tracks on the maxi single CD? DIA rerecording, maybe? Waves of Love?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:19:58 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 11:18:49 AM »

Who's voice is it after the first chorus before mike starts talking how the song is an accolade?the one singing "that's why god made the radio".  

I'd say Al...or maybe Brian.
Seems like Bruce, and he sounds soo great!

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 12:01:14 PM »

How about adding "preview" or something to the thread title

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 12:12:25 PM »

Well, is this really official ? I'd think they wouldn't call it "The Beach Boys - Single Sizzle Reel " if it was

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 12:37:02 PM »

Offensive and disrespectful, indeed.

Plus Al does look great these days. Just look at the clips from the record store the other day. But I guess the original poster does not care.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 12:41:45 PM »

Why people give Al so much crap is beyond me.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 12:48:36 PM »

This is hardly a substantial post, but: AL JARDINE ROCKZ.  Rock! Deal with it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:10:51 PM by Lowbacca » Logged
SBonilla
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 12:54:54 PM »

Well, it's a jungle out there and some creatures just like flinging crap.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 12:57:26 PM »

Well, it's a jungle out there and some creatures just like flinging crap.
Yeah nasty creatures that like grave robbing....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 12:59:28 PM »

I don't know how I feel about this song.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 01:00:58 PM »

You feel good !!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2012, 01:02:17 PM »

You feel good !!

I don't know....

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »

Man, still floored by those bits of Bruce vocals.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx