gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:09:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs you are obsessing over.  (Read 198515 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: June 16, 2018, 03:52:42 PM »

Al Bowlly "Guilty" - beautiful song with graceful beautiful singing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXHiceMzIVM

Vintage 1910-1940s singers sing in jolly polite manner, different than today & 60s. They sing with trembly voices. It could be vintage vinyl player effect. But, 60s songs recorded to vinyl as well but the voices differ, nobody uses the same technique. But when they play songs with trembly voices & grace, it's usually 10s-40s. As if they were trained to sing like it. Anyhoo, this is next favorite crooner, 1st fave Perry Como.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 07, 2018, 10:28:38 AM »

Recent fave - The Freak Scene "Million Grains". Cool track in cool psych album.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 09, 2018, 03:00:17 AM »

Reading about Rus. anthems, I found that the past anthem is "Patriotic Song" by Glinka, revised. Listened to the 2 back to back - the update is better, Glinka's song is majestic yet it's not *that* majestic. Not sure what for they changed this anthem back to the old Soviet Union anthem (current) in 2000 with Yeltsin's resignation. Bizarro world. Glinka's song is perfect anthem choice. They should've created new music, if not keeping the cool 90s Glinka-based anthem. Current anthem is dull as hell musically.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 09, 2018, 06:14:46 AM »

In his great blog, Larry posted cool radio show with "set of groovy records by groovy DJs". 3D But the best bit in the show is The Four Freshmen's songs.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 17, 2018, 09:50:40 PM »

Few psychedelic songs.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 27, 2018, 07:10:25 AM »

"Tell Me" by Rolling Stones. Jolly like Mick's singing & everything else. Newguy would say it's "slept-on" (which I gathered means "underrated").

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 30, 2018, 12:45:50 AM »

"Strange Town" by Street
"Boeing 707" by Street

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 30, 2018, 04:06:31 AM »

I watch this video every night before turning in. Fergie's "A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)" was used in the Leo DeCaprio filming of The Great Gatsby, a current obsession of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZgjmE6xdaw

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 30, 2018, 05:28:21 AM »

I'd seen that film - it's boring. If they did carbon copy of the famous book, I wouldn't like to read it.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 02, 2018, 03:59:28 PM »

The Rolling Stones "Sweet black angel"
Michael Winslow "Citizens on patrol" ("Police Academy 4" specially written song by actor who played Jones. Leads by Winslow as well)
Tony Bennett "New York New York"
Lykke Li "Youth knows no pain"
Kermit The Frog "Rainbow Connection" (frog sings it charmingly. Karen Carpenter sings it jolly good, yet, despite Karen's beautiful voice, she doesn't surpass frog's singing in this song)

KDS
« Reply #685 on: August 03, 2018, 06:38:50 AM »

Michael Winslow "Citizens on patrol" ("Police Academy 4" specially written song by actor who played Jones. Leads by Winslow as well)

I used to have that soundtrack on record when I was a kid.   Oddly enough, it was the first Beach Boys related recording I ever owned.   
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 05, 2018, 10:00:34 PM »

I used to have that soundtrack on record when I was a kid.   Oddly enough, it was the first Beach Boys related recording I ever owned.   
Which song did you like the best & which song dislike? To me respectively it's "Shoot For The Top" by Southern Pacific & "It Doesn't Have To Be That Way" by The Blow Monkeys. 1st song played during coolly cool skateboard scene. 3D

KDS
« Reply #687 on: August 06, 2018, 06:59:17 AM »

Which song did you like the best & which song dislike? To me respectively it's "Shoot For The Top" by Southern Pacific & "It Doesn't Have To Be That Way" by The Blow Monkeys. 1st song played during coolly cool skateboard scene. 3D

To be honest, I'm not so sure I can answer that question, considering I haven't listened to the album in full since about 1990.   I've always liked the Brian Wilson song though, and I was glad it was included on the deluxe version of BW88
MsBecca
« Reply #688 on: August 06, 2018, 03:23:02 PM »

For a while now I have been obsessed with the music of Skating Polly. For those of you here who are not familiar they are a family band, started when one half sister was 9 and the other was 14, kind of in a pop punk vein.
 This is probably my favorite song by them

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v2ahvxACX5Q

And also

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n2qJ5bqsWa0

I normally prefer older music but these folks are an exceptional exception (they are grown now too)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: August 06, 2018, 05:18:07 PM »

You may be interested to know then that not only is Skating Polly my daughter’s favorite band, she has the drummer on her friend’s list on Facebook. Not only that but the song you posted is her favorite. We even did a karaoke version of it (warning:I’m not a singer by any means)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6qKt7QMNMfM

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: August 06, 2018, 07:27:21 PM »

Found song by lyrics. It played in cool travels show, liked its psychedelicness - Richard Myhill "I See Rainbows In My Head".

MsBecca
« Reply #691 on: August 06, 2018, 10:36:58 PM »

I find myself listening to the Foo Fighters a lot lately. Not just in a hey remember high school kind of way. The adult me realizes they really are a dynamite band and Dave Grohl is very talented (and not bad to look at)

You may be interested to know then that not only is Skating Polly my daughter’s favorite band, she has the drummer on her friend’s list on Facebook. Not only that but the song you posted is her favorite. We even did a karaoke version of it (warning:I’m not a singer by any means)

That was pretty good! No offense there were a couple of notes that did not quite make it but wow otherwise that was banging!

How old is your daughter if you do not mind me asking?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #692 on: August 07, 2018, 12:14:18 AM »

She just turned 11. She abruptly changed which part she was signing on the fly and I had to catch up .

My wife is a big fan of the Foo Fighters. I agree about Dave Grohl although I’ll tale your word for it about his looks.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 07, 2018, 12:32:36 AM »

Even though they seem catered to a younger generation(and possibly female dominated?), Skating Polly are a really good group. Musically they kind of have a throwback to  60's and 70's rock sound. But they can be melodic too. Check out Little Girl Blue and The Battle Envy.

You and Jaymie harmonize quite well!  Smiley

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #694 on: August 07, 2018, 01:01:30 AM »

I like what Jaymie has played for me. Pretty good although I think she’s hinting around st making our album sounding like that.

Thank you both for the kind words

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 08, 2018, 07:18:43 AM »

Radio station named song to play next, it plays right now - Arabesque "Don't Fall Away". Didn't hear it before, like the positivity in vocals. Bright youthful voice.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 12, 2018, 08:45:55 AM »

Few nice songs. Forgot titles.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 27, 2018, 05:00:49 PM »

5 songs.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 28, 2018, 03:05:18 PM »

Marlene Dietrich "White Grass".

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 29, 2018, 06:09:23 AM »

Music TV channel shows MJ clips today, yet again I realize my favorite song/ clip by him is "Black Or White". Super-catchy & positive, such simple guitar riff yet very cool. Cool choreography as usual.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx