gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 11:50:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs you are obsessing over.  (Read 197915 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 03, 2018, 03:51:02 PM »

& "2753th Street In Parachute House" by Schpunzcool Tap Aspen.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #726 on: November 03, 2018, 06:13:33 PM »

Funny, I really can't get into Daniel Johnston. Maybe it's voice & songwriting combo.
Billy Joel is good, yep.

His voice is definitely an acquired taste, and his songs generally show their full potential when covered by others. However, there are several things to keep in mind. In addition to being high functioning autistic his earlier recordings were done at his parents house in a cheap handheld tape recorder and he tought himself how to play keyboard (and later guitar it he never got any good on that instrument). He was starting to make headways in the industry after moving to Austin Texas until a true jackass named Gibby Hanes (from the butthole surfers) thought it would be funny to spike his drink with lsd, and that combined with dormant mental illness and issues from his strict religious upbringing resulted in a severe mental breakdown and ended up with him institutionalized.

As an addendum...Gibby Haynes also is the guy who introduced Scott Weiland to heroin and the guy who convinced Kurt Cobain to leave rehab a few days before he died.

As a second addendum in addition to running Daniel Johnston ‘s career, his brother Dick is a nice guy who’ve I had email communication with some years back and I installed his cable LOL

Edit

I need to point out that Daniel being on the high functioning side of the autism spectrum was done after the fact, so to speak, and truthfully is nothing more than conjecture as an accurate diagnosis couldn’t possibly be made now even if based on archival evidence...but as I’ve seen his name listed with Daryl Hannah and Dan Aykroyd I included it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:32:24 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 04, 2018, 03:26:09 PM »

Haynes chap doesn't make sense. I see the point about Daniel but since result is result, we'll agree to disagree. & I surely dislike his songs, they're simply not good. People who cover must be huge dedicated fans.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 05, 2018, 07:17:08 AM »

"Clerk Clark Is Renting A Cubicle" by Trifle Case Rookies.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 05, 2018, 08:05:41 PM »

"Bipedal Madness" by The Doily Freaks.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 06, 2018, 07:11:43 AM »

"We Wish You A Funny Christmas (And A Pair Of Goody Two Shoes)" by Hubert & Hubertines
"Brrr!" by Robot Chicken & Cliches Like That
"Take 528" by Barley & Barlettes
"Hey Non Dear" by 5 Feet 10
"Teeth Clutcher" by Planet Pals

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 08, 2018, 05:49:37 AM »

"Irene & Charles" by Flag Bosses Duo.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 08, 2018, 02:00:12 PM »

"Zzzzzzz" by Yacht Music Haters.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 09, 2018, 06:43:22 AM »

"Drapes Jumped Cripsbdt" (bizarre song with bizarre title) by Frugal Jasper
"Puff Thin Ears" by The Shore Sea Pane Window
"Stroppy Human Kind" by Band & Band
"Pure Cooper" by Qwert Key-Bo
"Kids, Fleas, Pigs, Dogs (And Other) (Nuisances)" by Prewitt Jikerg Is A Street Salesman

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 10, 2018, 09:52:53 PM »

"Mabel Drives By A Fruit Tree She Had Been Given As A Gift And Shipped To Her Home Town Named After Her Grandmother Fae Schway Dew Migratch Phtams" by Standard Typicalities

"A To Z, B To Y, C To X, D To W And Alphabet Friends"  by The Polish Birdies And Droopy Eyed He

"Wind Surfers Deserve Thrice Bigger Salary Than Base-Ballers" by Framed Pics In Pixeland

"Jake Krake Made An Irish Stew And It Tasted Meh" by Newly Arrived Rascals aka The Shampoo Drinkers

"Xylophone Where Is Xylophone? I Didn't Find It. Can You Find It? Who Can Find It? You Can Find It? Don't Find It. Do Find It" by Dog Ter

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: November 10, 2018, 10:10:35 PM »

Drive all Night by Elliott Murphy. My daughter wanted me to check it out and now it’s stuck in my head

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ya2dnwivnK8

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 13, 2018, 07:05:50 AM »

"Frikadelki Timestamp" by Foods Meet Meals vs.
"Zig Dezagged" by ChelseA SHariot
"Lead Guitarist" by BinWya PhotograFfiti
"Tourists Tourist" by YoghurtQ
"Kite Don't Be Silly" by Tap Dancing Pavement Ft. The Bat Pedals

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 14, 2018, 03:03:37 PM »

"Ration Book" by Brigade Ft. The MechaniChemicals Ft. The Teeth Tooth
"Broom Shaka Blahka" by Poodle Bites Bug Soup

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #738 on: November 14, 2018, 08:10:09 PM »

All of Billy Joel's discography... thank you Sirius Smiley

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 17, 2018, 05:57:00 PM »

It's interesting idea to listen to the entire catalog. I may begin with NRBQ, albeit there's few albums I didn't find yet (I will).

Today: Rew Queue Boo "Miffed By Lollie Groz"
Panda Pulling Featuring The Blah Bay "Prima Don Is Checking His Wallet To Retrieve A 1920 Photograph Which Depicts His Lookalike"

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #740 on: November 17, 2018, 06:46:58 PM »

I may have said this before so forgive me for repeating myself if I have, but you have a great taste in music RR and I'm discovering things I never heard of.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 19, 2018, 03:04:39 PM »

Thanks. Agree 100% with you, songs/ bands listed by me will be described "great". NRBQ's cool band as well.

Today: "Mr. & Mrs. Ckicke Pick Favorite Items At Macy's" by The Fabulous Souvenirs 4
"Zulu, Hulu, Julu, Ktulu & Bob Sit Lunching In A Picnic" by Barbarian Barbaras
"False Dentures" by Turquoise Lloyd Ft. Special Guest Pink Boyd
"Pelted Troubadours" by Sniffing Garrett & His Snub-Nosed Retrousses
"Guy Doesn't Meet Girl" aka "Girl Doesn't Meet Guy" by Jasper's Wish Is Teeter Totter's Command

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 19, 2018, 03:27:36 PM »

With internet issues it’s hard for me to listen to these now.
But I’m getting a good chuckle over the band names. Needed that today (was truly a “Blue Monday”)

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 22, 2018, 02:45:32 PM »

2 NBBF: They're in themtube. It's like youtube but isn't available in the U.S. Next goodies:

"Zaygrad Schwaifdfgt Grooves To Printed Music" by Dobby The Dobby
"Polly Meets Anna= " by The Well-To-Dos
"True. Agreed. Yep. Same. Hear Hear" by To Cook Food
"Tin Tino Went Mad At Quen Taran" by Lawn The Mow Feat. Field The Plow
"Investigation Clue By Sherluck & Puree" by Durn Fools Feat. Bibi Adroit

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 27, 2018, 11:47:01 PM »

"Canned Sprats Is A Traditional Christmas Dish In The USA" by Truthful Tradition Facts
"Tinned Food Is A Traditional Christmas Meal In The UK" by Truthful Tradition Facts (great songs, great band which tells cool facts about Christmas food)
"Scooby Scooter Doo Placed An Ad In A Newspaper Seeking Friendship (Preferably Of 4 People)" by Therapeutic Parachutes
"Seasonings Must Be With Neutral Scent Or Scent-Free At All" by The Lark Barks At Dawn
"Blackberry Picker Decides To Pick Blackberries" by First Importance Decisions
"China Wig Weighs 10 Lb To Wear And If It Slips Into Floor It'll Smash Like Anything Made Of China" by Banjo Jo Ben Joe (this trio band mixes many styles in songs)

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 30, 2018, 07:17:39 PM »

"Brooklyn, Ugly Place" by Frowny Townsfolk
"Hurr Durr" by Miceketeers Weekly
"Garrett Flew To Cuba To Buy New Cuff Links To Ancient Shirt" by Snubby Vazq
"Belgian Lace Is Stupid Fashion" by Manny-Queen Ronroe
"Sham The Same" by Bulley Cooley
"Chloe Is Breathing Chlorox" by The Germ Killers Clan Ft. Yesterday's Bacteria a.k.a. Bac

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 30, 2018, 09:34:42 PM »

"Boo The Barking Purse" by Massie Schmassie
"Xenia Freaky Freulein" by June Uno Moonsun
"Tiffany's Breakfasting In Old York City" by Frankie Serenading
"Who Drove The Bicycles? 5 legs?" by Crert Puzny Wizgig Che
"Aye! Haha" by By The Way Wi Fi The Bay

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 01, 2018, 04:42:18 AM »

Great songs. I liked them. Thanks for sharing.
Yes indeed, cool songs. 3D

Hey, good taste in music. I didn't hear any of them, tho.
Thanks, I know. Go hear them, you'll like.

Next:
"Pool Wool Whirling About Funny" by Cherished Cheryl Cher
"Ballroom Evening At Pompadours" by Louie XXVIII
"Sparse-Key N Fudge" by Quasi-Mermaid Showdown
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 04:48:56 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 01, 2018, 06:32:36 PM »

"Andante Italian Pizzeria With Al Dente Cooks" by Few Men Chew

"Toothy Boxer Clenched His Referee With Dentures" by Truck Driving Boxes

"Ann White Sees An American In Paris" by The Dandy Liams Ft. New York Butlers And Page Boys

"Bostonians Are Going To Parade With Mass's Choosers (Yell Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo-Stuhn!)" by Freaks And Buffs Of Ugly Cities

"Crayon Hates His Brother Brayon But They Knew Better Tomorrow" by Cleaning Floors In Art Walks And More Ft. Weeks Of Songs By Today Is Mary's Turn And Women Of U.S. Of A.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 02, 2018, 06:09:35 PM »

"The Dance Floor Revisited By Dancers" by Tile Decoration Information Station Fashion Bash
"Baseball Is Going Fruitless" by Cruise Liner Servants
"Peruvian Approving Prewitt Production (He's A Chocolate Milk Fan)" by A Single Seam Suede Shoe
"Mrs. Latchkey And Mrs. Henhouse Dedicate The Jolly Penguin Song To Mr. TwinLePix" by Chickenoid Humanoids Ft. Hohohobbit
"Lasagna Party Every Sunday" by KJ And The Pet Puppets

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx