gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 08:20:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jeffrey Foskett - what's the joke?  (Read 21829 times)
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2012, 01:23:51 PM »

Frankie Valli still has a pretty strong falsetto, but though you can definitely hear him in the mix, he is doubled or even tripled at live performances.  It's just a hard sound to pull off live.  If Jeff recused himself from the duty, someone else would be asked to fill it (and since Brian no longer sings falsetto for the most part, Jeff already is doubled or tripled live when they have the full band).  They just need to find a better balance in the mix.  Also, when Jeff doubles with Brian on the non-falsetto parts, you can see either in videos or at the performances that there are times when Brian doesn't even open his mouth and sing.  That's not Jeff's fault.
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »

People don't like him because in their mind, they think they sing falsetto better than him.  99% of the hate you see thrown at him is because of this fact.  Most people don't want to admit it, but when they sing along with their cds, they imagine that they've finally figured out how to hit those notes just right, and Jeff simply isn't doing it right in their eyes.

From there, everything he does is flawed to them, and they think he's convinced Brian he's the falsetto guy the same way Landy convinced Brian he was his friend. 

You'll soon see several of these haters replying telling me I'm wrong, which will tune you into the fact that perhaps I'm right. 

Smiley 

Those of us who think Jeff sounded pretty terrible on the Grammys and at Dodger Stadium are not "haters."  I get tired of hearing that world thrown around.  It's a way to invalidate other people's opinions that are quite valid.  "You didn't like that? You're just a hater!" Jeff sounded bad in those two instances, which was not a good way to kick off reunion appearances. Jeff's singing voice was never extraordinary in any range, but it was okay and acceptable in the falsetto range a few years ago.  It might still be okay in the lower ranges, but if that's what his falsetto sounds like now (and he wasn't just having a bad day or hay fever), the powers that be either should have other singers doubling him or they need to turn him down in the mix, a lot.

As for his other duties, I have no idea.  I can see why someone might yell at Brian if he's either being difficult or has a hard time hearing in a loud room.  I've seen pictures of him with Brian at signings at record stores, not just after shows, but then I've seen Taylor Mills in those pictures, too, so they could be coming out to represent the band as well as give Brian support.
Seconding this. Not all critics are jealous or have superiority complexes - hell, probably not even the majority.
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2012, 12:41:45 PM »

When Jeff screams "GOD!" it sorta reminds me of Carl circa Love You or something. Funny, considering Love You is allegedly hated by Jeff/BW camp. I really hope they don't ignore LY this tour.

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2012, 12:42:47 PM »

When Jeff screams "GOD!" it sorta reminds me of Carl circa Love You or something. Funny, considering Love You is allegedly hated by Jeff/BW camp. I really hope they don't ignore LY this tour.

It reminds me of terrible and too loud.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »

People don't like him because in their mind, they think they sing falsetto better than him.  99% of the hate you see thrown at him is because of this fact.  Most people don't want to admit it, but when they sing along with their cds, they imagine that they've finally figured out how to hit those notes just right, and Jeff simply isn't doing it right in their eyes.

From there, everything he does is flawed to them, and they think he's convinced Brian he's the falsetto guy the same way Landy convinced Brian he was his friend.  

You'll soon see several of these haters replying telling me I'm wrong, which will tune you into the fact that perhaps I'm right.  

Smiley  

Those of us who think Jeff sounded pretty terrible on the Grammys and at Dodger Stadium are not "haters."  I get tired of hearing that world thrown around.  It's a way to invalidate other people's opinions that are quite valid.  "You didn't like that? You're just a hater!" Jeff sounded bad in those two instances, which was not a good way to kick off reunion appearances. Jeff's singing voice was never extraordinary in any range, but it was okay and acceptable in the falsetto range a few years ago.  It might still be okay in the lower ranges, but if that's what his falsetto sounds like now (and he wasn't just having a bad day or hay fever), the powers that be either should have other singers doubling him or they need to turn him down in the mix, a lot.

As for his other duties, I have no idea.  I can see why someone might yell at Brian if he's either being difficult or has a hard time hearing in a loud room.  I've seen pictures of him with Brian at signings at record stores, not just after shows, but then I've seen Taylor Mills in those pictures, too, so they could be coming out to represent the band as well as give Brian support.
Seconding this. Not all critics are jealous or have superiority complexes - hell, probably not even the majority.

I think it basically comes down to there are those of us who will be verbally disappointed if the Beach Boys 50th anniversary reunion tour goes out as basically "Jeff Foskett sings the Beach Boys: with special guests: The Beach Boys"!!! Any fan has every right to take issue with this.

I really really hope that tonight proves me(us) wrong however.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:40:46 PM by Erik H » Logged
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2012, 01:03:12 PM »

Clearly there is no other explanation for your so-called opinion but jealousy. Wink
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2012, 01:10:10 PM »

Clearly there is no other explanation for your so-called opinion but jealousy. Wink

Jealous of what, exactly? ^_^

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2012, 01:37:13 PM »

You guys sound like a bunch of girls.  Serious.  Don't you have anything to do?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2012, 01:43:42 PM »

I'm sure songs from LY, LA, MIU and SIP will be all over the setlist. "It's a love thing"
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2012, 01:56:05 PM »

Jealous of what, exactly? ^_^

He was being satirical I think, hence the wink.

There is no humour to be had here though. I forsee that Jeff will be assassinated while the Beach Boys play Sarajevo, thus triggering the war to end all wars, Jeff War One.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2012, 02:05:14 PM »

There is no humour to be had here though. I forsee that Jeff will be assassinated while the Beach Boys play Sarajevo, thus triggering the war to end all wars, Jeff War One.

I think they should do it to you first since you contributed so much to the Jeff Foskett negativity here. And you don't seem to want to quit. Only keep stoking the fire. You keep saying you're not a hater, but you use the words "Jeff will be assassinated". Kinda dumb ain't it? What's so funny about that?. But you keep vehemently denying on these Jeff threads that you're not a hater.  I don't believe it.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2012, 02:07:44 PM »

I think they should do it to you first since you contributed so much to the Jeff Foskett negativity here. And you don't seem to want to quit. Only keep stoking the fire. You keep saying you're not a hater, but you use the words "Jeff will be assassinated". Kinda dumb ain't it? What's so funny about that?. But you keep vehemently denying on these Jeff threads that you're not a hater.  I don't believe it.

I'm with Mikie. Dumb choice of words. Not something to joke about.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2012, 02:12:50 PM »

I think they should do it to you first since you contributed so much to the Jeff Foskett negativity here. And you don't seem to want to quit. Only keep stoking the fire. You keep saying you're not a hater, but you use the words "Jeff will be assassinated". Kinda dumb ain't it? What's so funny about that?. But you keep vehemently denying on these Jeff threads that you're a hater.  I don't believe it.

I was just trying to lighten the tone, by comparing Jeff to Franz Ferdinand, and this current battle like world war one, i.e pointless. Just my wierd sense of humour, I apologise if it offended you, seriously.

I'm not going to defend my position anymore. I've really had enough of this subject and the anger it seems to be causing. I like your posts Mikie, I like you. I don't hate anyone (apart from Oasis). Lets all lighten up and enjoy the reunion eh?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2012, 02:16:54 PM »

So positivity is alive and well here, eh?  Cool.   Smiley

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2012, 02:19:05 PM »

Friends? Smiley

(I'll ignore your death threat)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »

Of course, man!   Nothing personal, just a little unfriendly advice, that's all.   Sail on.

Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2012, 02:28:25 PM »

How about the possibility that Jeff is just a shill to move all the hatred and bile away from Mike? Which would seem to be working  Grin
SBonilla
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »

What would Ted Nugent say?
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »

What would Phil Cohen say?

Cool

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2012, 02:36:10 PM »

Ted's over in the corner scratching the cat.

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2012, 02:38:28 PM »

I don't know who else agrees, but I ask that this thread be closed, on a positive vibe.  That we put this pointless argument aside and concentrate on the wonderful gift we have been given with this reunion.

I'm in a loving mood, what say you guys? Lets all hug and make up eh?
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2012, 02:40:15 PM »

What about rumors I've heard about Jeff and Carl's wife?

What about the rumors about him and something he did in 1989 while with the Beach Boys that they were upset about?  Was that what it was?  Not to spread rumors.  But I did kind of got the idea that Jeff has an eye out for the ladies because he was winking and nodding at a few of them in the front rows at that Smile show.  Harmless, I'm sure, but you know how guys go into music to get chicks.  I'm sure he's at least a big flirt and that can lead to trouble sometimes.

Without naming names, I was once told by one of The Beach Boys that  Jeff was fired because he had helped himself to some money.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2012, 02:42:30 PM »

B.S.  Jeff was canned because he messed around and the wives didn't like it. 'Nuff said.  Done. Over.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2012, 02:44:40 PM »

I'm in a loving mood. Lets all hug and make out eh?

Well, if you were a good looking woman, I'd think about it........

b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2012, 03:02:26 PM »

I don't know who else agrees, but I ask that this thread be closed, on a positive vibe.  That we put this pointless argument aside and concentrate on the wonderful gift we have been given with this reunion.

I'm in a loving mood, what say you guys? Lets all hug and make up eh?
I am not a Jeff-hater and the joke was maybe in poor taste, but I knew it was a joke... So you still have all my love, Iron Horse-Apples.

- B00ts
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx