gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 11:38:10 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Album and Tour all seems a bit rushed to me  (Read 1045 times)
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:51:42 AM »

Having listened to the single - its cool and Ok but just seems as though it could have been better - some of the levels are not so smooth and there is a bit of jarring

Having looked at a few vids etc of the gigs - seems like the band could do with a bit more time to tighten up and the BBs could do the same thing - it sounds like there are two different groups of musicians and singers at work and they haven't quite got it together

Sure it will be better as it goes on and of course its difficult to tell as I won't be going cos I live in the UK -  Afro Afro Afro Afro Afro Afro

Cheers

Richard
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »

As you say, it will get better.

No amount of rehearsals can prepare a band for the amount of "tightening up" they can get by being in front of a live audience with no more safety net.  No stop and go's, no more "let's do that one again."  It's one take and bam, next song.  Considering this is a hybrid new/old band with an apparently rotating bass player, they are doing pretty great for the tour kickoff.  To be honest, this is my most favorite part of a tour for ANY artist I love...the music is fresh, there are flubs and mistakes and the energy is vibrant.  Nothing is worse when the music gets "too familiar" by the end of the tour that it looses its gusto.  I'm sure they'll retain the energy pretty well but the first few weeks of a tour are, to me, always the most stimulating/potent (for me and obviously the band).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:56:42 AM by Justin » Logged
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 11:01:27 AM »

I think the band sounds fine and the new single sounds fine. The shows will improve, I'm sure, but right now the band is just getting their sea legs and they sound good doing it.

No mas, por favor.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx