gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 08:32:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: For Hull (original song, demo) - the greatest instrumental ever written...?  (Read 1417 times)
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2012, 08:32:03 PM »

A little instrumental I wrote some time ago.  Its missing a section but I don't have time to go back and redo it right now.  The idea is to put some Housemartins-esque drums behind the guitars someday.  Your feedback is appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/westwindmusic/instrumental-1

mps
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 06:17:07 PM by mypetsounds » Logged

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »

Ok, now that there is a bit more activity on this board I'm bumping this in hopes of getting some feedback, good or bad.

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 06:21:43 PM »

Ok, so its not the greatest instrumental ever written, not even close.  But I am determined to get at least one comment, even if it is negative.  It's just a fun little demo that I'd love to fix with some Housematrins-esque drums and bass....maybe even some harmonica.  And I've come up with a better name for it, so here you go, again.

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 06:27:07 PM »

I like it. It sounds like incidental music to a hipster movie (that's a complement). There you go, a comment. Smiley

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 06:30:08 PM »

God, sorry I missed it! It's been one of those weeks  Grin

It is slight, but it's nice and charming - like the break a lot.

How goes the songwriting? Staying productive?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 09:23:07 PM »

Thank you EgoHanger, it appears my persistence paid off.  I do take that as a compliment.  I think it will be a bit more exciting once it is fleshed out, but it will remain a simple little tune.  If you've heard The Houesmartins you'll have an idea what I mean (three to four chords, four instruments, a nice little hook, and some drums you can dance to, though I don't dance much myself).

hypehat: I have been staying productive.  I have several new things I am working on, three are instrumental and three are have (or will have) lyrics.  I am somewhat discouraged because its really just me, I'm not writing/working with anyone, and I don't have access to even a make-shift studio to get these things recorded in a half-decent fashion.

With that said, I've got some chord progressions I really like...but I'm trying to figure out how to add a bridge, which I've never really done.  Every now and then I get into a bridge, but I can never seem to get out, and so I abandon it.

Thanks for asking.  I'll post whatever I can once I have something ready.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 05:06:44 AM »

Don't force these things, is all I can say - if you aren't feeling a bridge, don't write one! Not all songs have one. Think punk rock if need be, simplicity is key. And that goes for the recording set up too. Just record, and don't worry about the sound too much. If it's still a bother, maybe put a few quid aside each month until you can pick up a mic and a soundcard?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx