gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:23:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Bootlegs  (Read 5326 times)
Melissa
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2012, 06:07:19 PM »

Can anyone upload / recommend a site where I can get some of the harder to find Beach Boys Bootleg albums? A lot of the links on the site that I've tried are outdated, I'm particularly interested in Brian's Sweet Insanity bootlegs as well as Dennis's Bamboo album and The Journals and Long Lost Surf Songs. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:21:48 PM »

Dennis Wilson's "Bamboo" album (correctly spelt "Bambu") has been legitimately released. I strongly suggest that you spring for it because there's bonus tracks that are unavailable on any bootleg. Plus the sound quality blows the bootlegs away. And it's paired with "Pacific Ocean Blue", also with bonus tracks and excellent sound quality (wish it was remixed though!)

The other bootlegs you speak of are old, but are good comps for unreleased tracks. Also recommend the Dumb Angel series if you're interested in unreleased studio/live tracks. PM me if you'd like sources. We don't discuss sources on the board, Sweet Melissa.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:23:41 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 06:30:06 PM »

Boot what??

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 11:44:47 PM »

Boot what??

Leg. It's the part of your shoe that extends past your ankle. A lot of shoes don't have em though.

No mas, por favor.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 02:13:19 AM »

Hello Melissa, welcome on this board. I hope you'll enjoy the discussions here.

In case you (or anyone else for that matter) missed our board rules; they can be found on the Welcome-section of this board: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,122.0.html

I specifically point out #3:
3) Talking about bootlegs is fine. Posting messages asking for bootlegs or offering bootlegs is not fine. That's what private messages and emails are for. The same of course applies to official recordings.

I know there have been more requests recently (and I just got back from a holiday, so I missed several of them), but I pick this one to - again - to ask all of you to not directly request for of offer recordings (whether official of unofficial) on this board.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Melissa
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 12:09:39 AM »

yeah okay sorry didnt know
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx