gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:28:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wild Blue (original song)  (Read 3242 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2012, 01:24:28 PM »

Hey guys! I wrote this song last month, finally got around to recording it today. It's really inspired by Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, and Jack Kerouac. Let me know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/robert-borszich/wild-blue

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 07:45:44 PM »

Hey guys! I wrote this song last month, finally got around to recording it today. It's really inspired by Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, and Jack Kerouac. Let me know what you think!

Nice and smooth..   music to road trip with Smiley   reminds me a little of CSN too.   PS - Like your avator,  Arthur C Clarke is one of my favorite authors.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »

Rab - I like this song a lot, its my kind of thing.  I loved the line that ended with "...end of those tracks that divided us and then...brought us back together at the end".   Good stuff.

Thanks for uploading, I look forward to the next one.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 03:42:53 AM »

Lovely! The second verse is so nice. Post more  Smiley

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 11:39:49 AM »

Thanks guys! More is on the way hopefully soon!

Nice and smooth..   music to road trip with Smiley   reminds me a little of CSN too.   PS - Like your avator,  Arthur C Clarke is one of my favorite authors.

'Childhoods End' is one of my favorite books ever. So sad that he died. He left quite a legacy behind though!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 06:12:14 AM »

'Childhoods End' is one of my favorite books ever. So sad that he died. He left quite a legacy behind though!

Great book, sad though..  but I'm a sook Smiley  I LOVE the Odyssey books
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 06:28:07 AM »

haha me too. It was sad, but damn, such a great plot. 2010 Odyssey II was amazing - I haven't read the ones after that though. Rendezvous with Rama is another great one.

Have you read the Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson? The first two books are incredible sci-fi literature.

Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 06:59:05 AM »

haha me too. It was sad, but damn, such a great plot. 2010 Odyssey II was amazing - I haven't read the ones after that though. Rendezvous with Rama is another great one.

Have you read the Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson? The first two books are incredible sci-fi literature.

I actually think I started it once on a recommendation but don't think I finished it.  Might have to try it again.  Yep Odyssey II is my favorite.  I'm studying at the moment so not reading much for enjoyment, doing my head in actually..  thank god for music and this board, keeping me sane!!   Some of the posters on here are full on though huh!  The Manson thread yesterday!   Shocked
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 07:35:57 AM »

I actually think I started it once on a recommendation but don't think I finished it.  Might have to try it again.  Yep Odyssey II is my favorite.  I'm studying at the moment so not reading much for enjoyment, doing my head in actually..  thank god for music and this board, keeping me sane!!   Some of the posters on here are full on though huh!  The Manson thread yesterday!   Shocked

Yeah, The Mars trilogy is a heavy read - I gave up on the last book in the series (way too detailed). But the first two books are incredible.

Beach Boys music is my saving grace too - such an easy beautiful escape. This board has a great personality - full of everyone from newbies (like me) to insiders...even the trolls here are entertaining and knowledgable! So glad I found this place Smiley

Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »

Well your an oldie compared to me!  I've not been on here long..  read it for a long time before I joined though.  It's the best and I'm a little addicted Smiley
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 12:55:35 AM »

Wonderful song, I will play it for my friends.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 06:57:25 AM »

Well thanks! And to answer your comment from sound cloud - no I haven't gotten any airplay - but maybe one day Cheesy

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 01:32:35 PM »

You should really release Island, a friend an I both agreed it could be a summer hit in Sweden.

Is there a longer version?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:35:17 PM by Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 03:35:36 PM »

You should really release Island, a friend an I both agreed it could be a summer hit in Sweden.

Is there a longer version?

No, that was just a demo. I may finish it soon, but I'm leaning more towards working on acoustic stuff for the near future.

kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 02:19:29 AM »

Rab, your songs always make for great listening. Nice song - your vocal is top notch as always.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 04:18:09 AM »

Rab, your songs always make for great listening. Nice song - your vocal is top notch as always.

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx