gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680748 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:00:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carl and Dennis as Holograms  (Read 8902 times)
ohthosegirls
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 02:15:03 PM »

They did this with Freddie Mercury and you do have to admit, it is pretty nice to see...this was basically re-creating the music video though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVtjXMq2sTw

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 02:18:29 PM »

If they can make the Dennis hologram snatch Mike's hat then beat him up then I'm in.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »

If they can make the Dennis hologram snatch Mike's hat then beat him up then I'm in.

That's the only way I would go for it as well. Too bad there is no "like" button like Facebook on here. I would have "liked" Andrew's comment earlier as well!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 02:54:26 PM »

I want holograms of the BBs circa 1982. 3D

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »

Please god no holograms.  They're dead.  Let them be. 
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 04:25:08 PM »

I'm looking forward to the future when you can go see all sorts of great bands in hologram form. and the tupac technology was astonishing.  Also, my understanding is that it's not video footage turned into a hologram; they create the hologram and then make it do things, so, according to the company in one article I read, they could make a hologram performance of someone who'd never been on stage before.   In the context of the reunion, I agree that it would be disrespectful and a poor decision, but one day seeing all the beach boys on stage in their prime...could be pretty amazing.  
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 05:01:37 PM »

What about a hologram of 1965 Brian to do the falsetto for the tour? Wink
ohthosegirls
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2012, 05:16:24 PM »

Considering that Tupac hologram cost somewhere between $100000 and $400000, I think we're safe to not get that kind of treatment with every concert (or any).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:22:22 PM by ohthosegirls » Logged
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 05:30:14 PM »

Considering that Tupac hologram cost somewhere between $100000 and $400000, I think we're safe to not get that kind of treatment with every concert (or any).

I Hate Tupac, but that was just incredible.

Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2012, 08:10:14 PM »

Hologram Murry would get this band back on track. No more phony singing for money. They'll start singing from their hearts again like they used to.
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »

Hologram Murry would get this band back on track. No more phony singing for money. They'll start singing from their hearts again like they used to.

lol.

OK, the Tupac hologram was absolutely incredible. And after three days of sucking down every substance imaginable, my friends who went to Coachella were legitimately thrown by it. They say it looks even more life-like in person (and probably from farther away because the face is the weakest part.)

They've actually had one of these in the works for Michael Jackson for years now. It's going to be in Las Vegas when the Cirque show sets up camp there next year.

But, yeah, a big no to Dennis and Carl. Their deaths are not surrounded by mystery and wonder like Tupac's. They weren't really physical artists on stage so the holograms would be pretty boring (unless Dennis took off his clothes....) And if Brian's people are concerned that their old-ass fans don't understand iTunes, they certainly will not understand a hologram.
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2012, 01:19:11 AM »

I'm looking forward to the future when you can go see all sorts of great bands in hologram form. and the tupac technology was astonishing.  Also, my understanding is that it's not video footage turned into a hologram; they create the hologram and then make it do things, so, according to the company in one article I read, they could make a hologram performance of someone who'd never been on stage before.   In the context of the reunion, I agree that it would be disrespectful and a poor decision, but one day seeing all the beach boys on stage in their prime...could be pretty amazing.  

There is  movie from 1983 called Brainstorm about virtual reality games and it being so realistic that people didn't want to come out of them.  This thread made me think about that and what the future could possibly hold.  Imagine entering a game where you could see an old concert or a legendary sports game, or even participate...  mind blowing stuff.    Don't like the idea of Dennis and Carl being holograms for the concert though, I couldn't keep it together if it were I in Brians' shoes.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2012, 02:58:08 AM »

Please, dear sweet god, no. Seeing his brothers again in that way just might drive poor Brian to suicide.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
MBE
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2012, 03:11:00 AM »

I think that in the next ten to twenty years things like bringing back the vintage Beach Boys for a show will happen somehow, but it would be in bad taste now.
Jaspy
Smiley Smile Associate

That's not me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2012, 03:29:43 AM »

Holograms of Dennis & Carl?
That would be interesting, why not?
Imagine the Beach Boys today on stage, "God Only Knows" starts playing and suddenly Carl is there singing lead.
Or the Beach Boys leave the stage and there he is, Dennis Wilson, singing "You Are So Beautiful".
Or just for fun, the Beach Boys now performing a song together with the 60's Beach Boys. LOL

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 04:34:08 AM »

Holograms of all the Beach Boys playing "live" in another 50 years time anyone?

Wasn't it Brian Wilson himself who recently said something along the lines of "if you don't grow/develop/create you might as well be dead"?

The idea's plain daft.  Hopefully there'll be some new talent along in the next half-decade that we all want to see live, alive.

“We live in divisive times.”
Eireannach
Smiley Smile Associate

bedårar

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 06:37:56 AM »

Best post I've seen on here in a while.  LOL
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 06:57:35 AM »

Concert opens with complete darkness, then the famous murry session from Help Me Rhonda comes on and a hologram of Murry with young Brian and Al trying to get it out. Then after a few takes the real band comes out and play HMR.

I'm probably going to hell for uttering that.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2012, 06:59:05 AM »

Concert opens with complete darkness, then the famous murry session from Help Me Rhonda comes on and a hologram of Murry with young Brian and Al trying to get it out. Then after a few takes the real band comes out and play HMR.

I'm probably going to hell for uttering that.

Way that mind's working, sounds like you're already there!!!!    Evil

“We live in divisive times.”
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 07:15:27 AM »

In the realm of bad decisions for live concerts:

Not a good decision to perform as floating heads.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2012, 07:40:20 AM »

In the realm of bad decisions for live concerts:

Not a good decision to perform as floating heads.

LOL Classic.

The only other concert at that time to feature floating heads would have been a Grateful Dead show.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2012, 09:30:11 AM »

Holograms of Dennis & Carl?
That would be interesting, why not?
Imagine the Beach Boys today on stage, "God Only Knows" starts playing and suddenly Carl is there singing lead.
Or the Beach Boys leave the stage and there he is, Dennis Wilson, singing "You Are So Beautiful".
Or just for fun, the Beach Boys now performing a song together with the 60's Beach Boys. LOL

Thought this was a joke thread which i skipped, until I just saw Tupac.  Bad taste.  And, creepy.

Just because one "can" doesn't mean one "should." (from the technological ability standpoint)

It might be nice to see a slide or two of the lost brothers, and certainly a mention and dedication, to acknowledge their wonderful contributions, but holograms?  No way.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2012, 09:37:20 AM »

While I don't subscribe to the view that seeing a holographic Dennis/Carl would send Brian into a psychiatric tail-spin, I do think it would be tasteless and a bit creepy (I thought Tupac was pretty tasteless and creepy).

This made me lol though:

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2012, 10:02:07 AM »

That is hilarious
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2012, 04:54:08 PM »

It worked with Tupac because his fans worship him as a god.  They ignore anything negative about him (you know... raping a woman; the hypocrisy of his lyrics; his incredibly childish immature attitude) and only focus on the positive things about him (the beautiful poetry he wrote; his acting skills; his ability to write several songs a day; his strong work ethic; his philosophical nature, no matter how misguided).

So for him to ressurect and do a show makes perfect sense. 
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx