gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 07:33:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zooey Deschanel "Wouldn't It Be Nice" on the ukulele  (Read 6460 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2012, 01:13:20 PM »

Really pretty version.   http://youtu.be/P-rlSJ_39g0

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 01:34:35 PM »

Really pretty version.   http://youtu.be/P-rlSJ_39g0
I like it so much I once ripped an mp3 of the performance. Pretty voice, pretty girl.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 02:46:05 PM »

This was posted somewhere in the Media area awhile back - agreed, excellent version.  I'm a sucker for Zooey anyways, so hearing her sing one of my favorite BB songs is pure heaven for me.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 03:19:14 PM »

Very good cover, if you click on their version of "Fools Rush In" on the right it's very nice too. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 03:21:22 PM »

BTW, I'll bet She & Him don't have any female fans, since by definition they'd have to be prettier than Zoey... and that may not be possible.  

Now, just to get you even more excited if you didn't hear about it.  When she got divorced (sorry to hear that) her lawyer accidentally posted some of her financial information along with it.  She has no credit cards or debt; she's got about 2 million dollars invested in real estate, stocks, bonds... has about 1.5 million dollars in her bank account, and gives away 1500 bucks a month to charity. 

So not only is she pretty, has a beautiful voice, but she's actually... *gasp.... RESPONSIBLE

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:25:04 PM by Ron » Logged
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 03:31:24 PM »

She is pretty but I dislike her voice and loathe her public persona.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 03:32:55 PM »

Zooey is so amazing. She LOVES the beach boys, not just the hits but Carl and the passions, sunflower, her favourite song is "the trader"

In the words of Brian, she's a "very pretty girl"  Wink

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 03:38:19 PM »

BTW, I'll bet She & Him don't have any female fans, since by definition they'd have to be prettier than Zoey... and that may not be possible.  

....wut? Why do fans *by definition* have to be more attractive than the celebrity? I am a fan of plenty of super hot babes.

Do you think you are more attractive than Dennis Wilson?
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »

You can tell she is really taking it seriously! Good on her! She's looks like she wants to show the world how good it is!
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 03:44:01 PM »

She is pretty but I dislike her voice and loathe her public persona.

Word. She's made some record company execs very happy. I wonder how long they were looking for a mainstream girl they could use the media to turn into an indie hipster's wet dream.

There was this video of her trying to sing the national anthem, it was a related video on one of the BB anthem video, and she sounds like a friggin' foghorn and sings it at like half the speed it's supposed to be sung at.

Different strokes....

No mas, por favor.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 03:51:13 PM »

....wut? Why do fans *by definition* have to be more attractive than the celebrity? I am a fan of plenty of super hot babes.

Didn't you just trash her about two or three posts up? 

*point proven
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »

Didn't you just trash her about two or three posts up? 

*point proven

Yes but that has literally nothing to do with the fact that she is pretty. I even said she was pretty in that post.

*try again
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 03:58:18 PM »

Of course, you can't deny that she's pretty... but you can hate on anything else, lol.  So you chose to say you hate her "public persona" whatever the hell that is. 

*point still proven

BTW, about Dennis: I'm a dude.  Hating on pretty chicks is PURELY a girl thing.  I couldn't care less what Dennis looks like, I like the guy!  Other good looking men I like:  Brad Pitt, Leonardo Dicaprio... well that's about all the good looking dudes I've heard of. 
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 04:06:11 PM »

Why do fans *by definition* have to be more attractive than the celebrity?

No mas, por favor.
SG7
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 04:11:07 PM »

I think she's a better singer  than a lot of the other famous actresses that think they can sing.
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 04:12:05 PM »

Of course, you can't deny that she's pretty... but you can hate on anything else, lol.  So you chose to say you hate her "public persona" whatever the hell that is. 

*point still proven

BTW, about Dennis: I'm a dude.  Hating on pretty chicks is PURELY a girl thing.  I couldn't care less what Dennis looks like, I like the guy!  Other good looking men I like:  Brad Pitt, Leonardo Dicaprio... well that's about all the good looking dudes I've heard of. 

Sigh. Every point is just so wrong. At least you admit you are being backward and baldly sexist.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 04:15:08 PM »

I think she's a better singer  than a lot of the other famous actresses that think they can sing.

And she can they play the ukulele
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:16:40 PM by Slim Shady » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 04:19:49 PM »

* she sings better than Minnie Driver

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 08:45:29 PM »

The way she sang "Little Saint Nick" on the She & Him Christmas album seemed rather like she was unable to actually emote for fear of maybe going out of the seemingly limited range she can sound decent within -- and Brian's high parts were totally axed from their version! What I mean to say is that I don't think she has an interesting or particularly good singing voice. (Their version of "Christmas Day" was similarly dull-sounding.) Great that she actually likes The Beach Boys though, and not just the hits!
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »

She may be a Beach Boys fan, so respect to her for that, but i can't stand Zooey Deschanel. Every time i see a photo of her pulling one of her 'i'm so kooky' expressions i just want to vomit! The only film i've ever been able to bear watching her in is The Happening and even then it's purely for the unintentional comedic value of her staggeringly dreadful perfromance.

Not a fan then.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 06:44:07 AM »

My thoughts

1.Shes a pretty good songwriter guys.
2. She was good in 500 days of summer
3. Its unfair to judge anyones acting ability in a movie wriiten and directed by m night shyamalan, post signs.
4.  Ron is full of merda
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 08:20:40 AM »

I like Zooey and I like She & Him. If she didn't have a sense of humor about the whole thing, it wouldn't work, and if you can't see that wink-and-nod aspect of Zooey's persona, it won't work. That's just my take on it. I'll say this: I'd welcome more of Zooey's so-called "I'm so kooky" expressions over the many serious "I'm so hip" expressions favored by some sacred-cow musicians and hipsters of the past 20 years or so...without naming names.

I think some covers are better than others, I'd say Zooey's WIBN is heartfelt, but I can't hear *any* cover of that, my favorite song, without thinking the original is as good as it will ever get.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 08:31:09 AM »

She's just a chick playing a 4 string guitar and singing a song.  It's not that big of a deal, some people like it, some don't. 

... and a lot of those people are less attractive women.  Smiley

BTW Ivy, i'm just messing with you, i'm sure you're completely fair when you hate women and it has nothing to do with their attractiveness. 
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 09:41:41 AM »

*point still proven

Sigh. Every point is just so wrong. At least you admit you are being backward and baldly sexist.
"BALDLY sexist" ? Surely that's disrespectful to the bald community ?
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 10:29:35 AM »

I am very sexist... I think women are better at everything.  I think they're more intelligent; smarter, they work harder, they look better, they live longer, etc. 

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx