gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 01:54:17 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite BB's song(s) of the BB's  (Read 2748 times)
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2012, 11:59:48 AM »

Hey, All!
I was just curious as to which song, or songs, the Beach Boys liked best of their massive catalog.
I've heard Brian say that his favorite is California Girls, but he seems to change his mind all the time, so I'm not sure.
I have no idea about the other guys though.
Thanks!

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 12:54:10 PM »

I've heard Brian say about 20 different titles as his favorite. Cal Girls always comes up as his favorite recording session, so that'd probably be the most consistent answer.

I have no clue about the others, but I bet we could guess:

Mike: Kokomo. He talks nonstop about it, so...
Bruce: Ive heard him mention Til I Die many times...
Alan: I don't know how to even guess
David: Surfer Girl gets mentioned by him alot, though I think I saw somewhere recently where he said God Only Knows was his favorite.

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 01:00:10 PM »

Brian has also said that his two favorite albums are Friends and Love You.

I have heard that Dennis loved Let Him Run Wild

And Mike loves anything that he was involved in. Smiley

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 01:30:45 PM »

I wonder where "Sloop John B" ranks with Al? I would think it's either "Surfer Girl", "California Girls", or "God Only Knows" for Brian.
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 07:47:37 AM »

I wonder where "Sloop John B" ranks with Al?
He very likes it. Additional info: in one wonderful thread called something like "I met The Beach Boys... And so did you?" some poster said that he met Al and told him how he likes his vocal work on I Know There's An Answer. And Al's response was: "Wow, really? Don't you think this song is great?!" and admitted that he very likes it, for its instrumental arrangements and everything else.

Plus, on the recent twitter topic it was revealed that Al's favorite BBs song is Their Hearts Were Full of Spring, strangely enough.

Great info.
Thanks!
Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring is my ultimate shower song. Lol.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
smilethebeachboysloveyou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 07:58:37 AM »

On the twitter thread that RangeRoverA1 mentioned, Brian said his favorite song was "California Girls," Mike said his favorite was "Good Vibrations," David said his was "God Only Knows," and Bruce said his was "The Warmth of the Sun."  Aside from that, I assume that the tracklist of Classics Selected by Brian Wilson is a good indication of what his favorite songs are.  I assume Mike is fond of "The Ballad of 'Ole Betsy" and "All This is That" and some of the other non-hits that featured prominently in their most recent tour as he was in charge of the set-lists.
Nicko1234
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 08:24:33 AM »

On the twitter thread that RangeRoverA1 mentioned, Brian said his favorite song was "California Girls," Mike said his favorite was "Good Vibrations," David said his was "God Only Knows," and Bruce said his was "The Warmth of the Sun."  Aside from that, I assume that the tracklist of Classics Selected by Brian Wilson is a good indication of what his favorite songs are.  I assume Mike is fond of "The Ballad of 'Ole Betsy" and "All This is That" and some of the other non-hits that featured prominently in their most recent tour as he was in charge of the set-lists.

Did Brian really pick the songs for that album? Sail on Sailor was included and Brian has said on numerous occasions that he doesn`t care for it. Doubtful I would say...

Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 06:53:06 AM »

Just remembered that some1 here said that Brian very likes At My Window. Good to have something similar with your favorite artist! That's a jolly cool info!

That's one of my favorites too!

- Dr. Seuss
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 08:26:58 AM »

My guess is that Mike's favorites are the ones that were the best-selling singles, and that if you mention any random Beach Boys song to Brian, he'll tell you it's his favorite.  Smiley
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 08:38:42 AM »

Whilst Brian is never totally consistent about anything, I believe he picks California Girls nine times out of ten.

Did Carl ever express a preference? Maybe Darlin'?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx