gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:14:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carl Wilson - "God Only Knows" (intimate setting)  (Read 16297 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2015, 12:13:37 AM »

I love the wordless bridge in the middle where you can only hear Carl's voice stripped of all others. Beautiful and angelic.
Yes, I wonder if there is more from this performance?
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2015, 02:14:32 AM »

Just watched this again, and so impressed, not only with Carl's singing, but his guitar playing. Those unusual chord voicings, and you can really hear them in this stripped down version.

Agreed. I've always marvelled at Carl's unique guitar chord shapes, particularly the way he transitions from D to Bm6.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2015, 06:12:28 AM »

Wow. Thanks to the Blue board for this find....

Carl and Billy H at what looks like a wedding or private function.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAAKG-hKdhM

COMMENT     What a joy to see Carl again in such a personal setting. Like being there.  Thank you so much for the posting and to the person who shot this wonderful video.  ~swd
wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2015, 06:58:14 PM »

BEAUTIFUL performance. I wish somebody would come forward with information about where and when it was filmed. It's truly a shame that his voice will not be present during the 2012 tour because after Brian's disinterest and Dennis' passing, he was the only shining light in a sea of mediocrity.

This was posted in the comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAAKG-hKdhM&lc=iqAfYPMykfDVgwBjReCHNFMcW6hUxAGax8gdQ72PnM0
"TheCraig87541 year ago

For those of you who are commenting on where he is playing. Billy Hinche, Carls ex brother in law was playing at the grand opening of one of Dennis' sons restaurants Carl stopped in and played just this one song.Having met Carl several times I for one can tell you he was a very humble and sweet man. He made it seem as if he was honored meeting you rather than you meeting him. That's why you'll NEVER see an unkind post about him. R.I.P. CARL AND DENNIS"

"And suddenly I find myself, listening to a man I've never known before,
Telling me about the sea..."

Looking for contributions for a Dennis fanzine
https://denniswilsonzine.tumblr.com
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2015, 02:09:40 PM »

I've been watching this YouTube video for going on three years now, and I doubt I'll ever grow weary of it.  It's beautiful and, at the same time, sad.  I simply can't watch this man perform that song in that setting without coming to the sudden and sad realization that the passing of Carl Wilson effectively signaled the end of the Beach Boys.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2015, 11:07:06 PM »

I've been watching this YouTube video for going on three years now, and I doubt I'll ever grow weary of it.  It's beautiful and, at the same time, sad.  I simply can't watch this man perform that song in that setting without coming to the sudden and sad realization that the passing of Carl Wilson effectively signaled the end of the Beach Boys.
Amen.
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2015, 11:26:53 PM »

I was fortunate (and blessed) to have my daughter surprise me at her wedding in 11/12 with this as our father/daughter dance.  Only 100 people at the reception in a small setting, but the entire place sang the sang as we danced.  Shortly after the wedding, I found this You Tube link and listen to it quite often.  So neat reading everyone's posts about Carl.  Yes we lost a fine fine gentleman.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx