gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 03:26:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys "Fun Fun Fun" at Dodger Stadium  (Read 84938 times)
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 11, 2012, 06:34:35 PM »

I am ridiculously tempted to start a joke thread entitled 'The Fictional Crimes of Jeff Foskett' but it would probably turn into this again.

I tried that several years ago when the Melinda-bashing got out of control. The thread was a beaut, but its title (which I shan't repeat here) was perhaps a bit much. Do a bit of Googling and you'll run across it.

Interestingly, it ended up purging a lot of the poison about her. Funny -- I've heard much less about Melinda's evils since the board started ragging on Jeff. At least it's less sexist!

Stage 1. Bashing Mike Love (lasted about 35 years)

Stage 2. Bashing Melinda (lasted 10 years)

Stage 3. Bashing Jeff (ongoing)

I wonder who'll be the next recipient of the fans' rage.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 11, 2012, 06:44:30 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2128545/Beach-boys-More-like-Silver-Surfers-Reunited-sixties-boyband-sing-U-S-national-anthem-Dodgers-match.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The Beach Boys are old??

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 11, 2012, 06:44:56 PM »

I think everybody's going to get the steak knives out for poor little Al next.  If they ever start going after Al, that's gonna be the last straw, it'll be all out war.  LEAVE AL ALONE.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 11, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »

I think everybody's going to get the steak knives out for poor little Al next.  If they ever start going after Al, that's gonna be the last straw, it'll be all out war.  LEAVE AL ALONE.

I tell ya, if they go after Al, I'll take no prisoners. It'll be bloodbath all the way.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 11, 2012, 08:20:59 PM »

Time to stop our panic. . . . .let hope for the best, Dodger stadium notwithstanding.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:12:53 AM by the professor » Logged
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 11, 2012, 08:24:33 PM »

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:25:50 PM by Phoenix » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 11, 2012, 08:47:07 PM »

What a rag

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: April 11, 2012, 09:54:45 PM »

There was no summoning.  There was some kind of misunderstanding earlier so I wanted to apologize for it.  I extended myself to apologize to him....so, how am I the bad guy here? 

You're not. Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: April 11, 2012, 10:00:37 PM »

We have a serious, widespread problem: one man, whatever his motivation and whatever his moral character ( I would never comment on someone I do not know) is hijacking the reunion. All you have to do is read the spiritually deflated posts, in the 100s, about the Grammy show and the Dodger Stadium disgrace.  We must use whatever contacts and resources we have to contact the band members and family member and beseech them to end this coup in which Jeff is playing the imaginary and deluded role of BB savior.

Maybe the mafia connections could help out.

Was that too soon? :D

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 11, 2012, 10:11:54 PM »

JEFF FOSKETT FEATURING THE BEACH BOYS I LOVE EHT I WANT SOME MORE OF EHT

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 11, 2012, 10:27:04 PM »

I say let's end the Jeff Foskett discussion. We've probably hurt his feelings pretty bad by now.  Undecided

No mas, por favor.
Jaspy
Smiley Smile Associate

That's not me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: April 11, 2012, 10:44:58 PM »

I say let's end the Jeff Foskett discussion. We've probably hurt his feelings pretty bad by now.  Undecided

Yep. I sometimes wonder if those BB people need antidepressants after they read BB message boards.

Quote from: Dr. Lenny

Unjustified and one of the saddest things in BB history IMHO.
He didn't deserve that.

Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 11, 2012, 10:47:58 PM »

Can we start a petition for Jeff NOT to sing Funky Pretty on the tour?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 11, 2012, 11:08:46 PM »

We have a serious, widespread problem: one man, whatever his motivation and whatever his moral character ( I would never comment on someone I do not know) is hijacking the reunion. All you have to do is read the spiritually deflated posts, in the 100s, about the Grammy show and the Dodger Stadium disgrace.  We must use whatever contacts and resources we have to contact the band members and family member and beseech them to end this coup in which Jeff is playing the imaginary and deluded role of BB savior.
Okay its official, Jeff is the anti-christ. Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 12, 2012, 03:45:38 AM »

He didn't deserve that.

Doesn't he still get a lot of flack from Brian fans? I have to admit I didn't like Mike at first because the first impression you get from many fans is that he is everything wrong about the Beach Boys and Brian is the only good one in the group. Roll Eyes I'm glad this perception has changed for most in the last 15 years particularly for Carl and Dennis, even David Marks has risen a lot in stature to BB fans! Mike still seems to be the guy who many people seem to bash though. Angry
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 12, 2012, 05:35:48 AM »

This happened in 2005.

I got backstage several hours before a show in Liverpool. I met a lot of the band members who were very kind and gracious to me, as they had enjoyed one of my albums. I met Brian, who was in great spirits, clapped me on the back and had a bit of banter about the weather with me. When I was introduced to Jeff however, he looked at me dismissively, turned away, and announced it was time for the sound check.

A band member had previously been saying to me there were a lot of  politics going on at the moment, and there were two very different sides in the BW camp, and there was a difference in the way Brian was treated. I'll be honest here and not embellish this, as I do not remember great details on this conversation. I do remember it was very much a "them and us" type of dialogue. Jeff was not specifically mentioned, but I must have had some reason to think he was speaking negatively of Jeff.

I asked the band member to whom I was speaking if I could attend the soundcheck, and he said yes. Wow, what an honour, my own private BW concert! They rehearsed some instrumental tracks, then Brian wandered on and sat down at his keyboard. Jeff said "Right, lets rehearse so and so". Brian said, "no, I want to rehearse blah blah" Jeff, trying to be patient, but as if speaking to a child, "No Brian, we need to rehearse this, we only have x amount of time, we're doing this, OK"

Then they rehearse "Tell Me Why", (it's Liverpool).  Jeff says "Brian, you need to learn your harmony, listen, I'll sing it to you"
                                                                                  Brian says "I know it already"
                                                                                  Jeff - (becoming more irritated,) "Brian, let me just sing it to you, we don't have a lot of time".
                                                                                  Brian - " I know it". He sings the lower harmony perfectly.

Then comes the vocal level tests. Brian, staring into space, doesn't hear the sound guy call "Brian". He calls again. Jeff shouts, with an angry, irritated look on his face "Brian, please pay attention, we need to get the levels" Brian barks his note.

Now, in fairness to Jeff, they obviously were up against it time-wise, and I was also rather put out by him snubbing me. And also, seeing it written down here, it may not seem he was being that rude to Brian. But honestly, if you'd heard it you would have been shocked at the withering "look what I have tio put up with" way that he spoke to Brian. I honestly felt like jumping on the stage, shaking him and saying "Who pays your bloody wages?"

Now it may well be that in order to get Brian to do something, you need to be hard with him. I'm sure Dr Landy would agree with this. But to witness it first hand was horrible.

It may also be true that Jeff was having a bad day or something, as I know some of you have met him and he was lovely. Bear in mind though, Jeff did not know there was an audience.

There, and I've tried to be as unbiased and fair to Jeff as possible, but ever since then I've had no time for the guy. So for me personally, the Grammys and the Dodgers have been spoilt by having this guy hogging the sound.

That was a very insightful and interesting read. Thank you for posting that story! But that's such a shame the way he talked down to the genius like that. I can picture it happening.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 12, 2012, 09:00:21 AM »

NO, I'MMA LIBERAL  Grin
You a'rre? OK, whatever.

Nah, I was just trying to rustle some jimmies by implying that liberals get offended easily.

But yeah, I'm gifted. I can rub my stomach and pat my head at the same time while standing on one leg.

You guys are a riot!  I've never heard this expression: "rustle some jimmies".  FUNNY!

Grin

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 12, 2012, 09:13:31 AM »

Yep. I sometimes wonder if those BB people need antidepressants after they read BB message boards.

He didn't deserve that.

Mike Love Is God!

Afro

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 12, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »

New album title: The Fantastic Five-  Rise Of the Silver Surfers
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:44:32 AM by krabklaw » Logged

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 12, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »

The Daily Mail is an old Nazi newspaper.

Honk! Honk!
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 12, 2012, 11:37:25 AM »

He didn't deserve that.

Come onnnnnn. Mr. Positivity? He deserves some of it.

There is much more on-record to smh at for Mike than for Foskett and Melinda. Everything on them is just he said/she said.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:38:19 AM by ivy » Logged
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 12, 2012, 03:53:43 PM »

Well, I said I'd be honest about it, but also that you had to be there. Some vibes cannot be conveyed.

Sorry if folk were expecting to hear about Jeff beating Brian with a big, black dildo

Thanks for the story...I can appreciate what you wrote because I totally got the "cold" Jeff once too.  I was at a meet and greet and while I was meeting with Brian, having him sign my Surf's Up album, Jeff looked at me and said "What's your favorite Beach Boy song??"  His tone was demeaning and untrusting--he made it seem like I didn't belong there and that I wasn't a real fan.  My first response was "Vegatables."  He asked "Why?"  What the hell was this...an interrogation?  Was there a questionairre I was supposed to fill out before this?  No answer I gave him pleased him and I could tell that in his head he had written me off.  We left and went back to our seats.  I was so disturbed by this that I went back to the backstage area, asked the security guard to ask if Jeff to come out and speak with me.  The security guard didn't know any better so he did.  I wanted to apologize and ask if there was anything I did.  Jeff comes out and says "I'm way too busy right now.  I can't talk.  You did nothing wrong...I gotta go!"  I was completley bothered by this and the whole show was practically ruined for me because I couldn't understand what I could have done to offend Jeff.  It soured my meeting with Brian and I couldn't focus on the show at all.  I've "gotten over" it since then but it's still a memory I don't like to revisit....

He's the effing band leader for Chrissakes.  I'm surprised he didn't have security run you off as a potential stalker.  That's what I would have done.

3D

Back around 1990 or so I DID get run off by the manager at the time. Chaz somedody. Kicked me right out of the dressing room. I had been standing in line for a chair massage and he said OUT. Since I was fully credentialed, you should have seen the look on his face as I was chatting with Carl after the show as the band was loading in the limos. Worked everytime, but he started recognizing me at so many concerts in the Midwest.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 12, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »

Well, I said I'd be honest about it, but also that you had to be there. Some vibes cannot be conveyed.

Sorry if folk were expecting to hear about Jeff beating Brian with a big, black dildo

Thanks for the story...I can appreciate what you wrote because I totally got the "cold" Jeff once too.  I was at a meet and greet and while I was meeting with Brian, having him sign my Surf's Up album, Jeff looked at me and said "What's your favorite Beach Boy song??"  His tone was demeaning and untrusting--he made it seem like I didn't belong there and that I wasn't a real fan.  My first response was "Vegatables."  He asked "Why?"  What the hell was this...an interrogation?  Was there a questionairre I was supposed to fill out before this?  No answer I gave him pleased him and I could tell that in his head he had written me off.  We left and went back to our seats.  I was so disturbed by this that I went back to the backstage area, asked the security guard to ask if Jeff to come out and speak with me.  The security guard didn't know any better so he did.  I wanted to apologize and ask if there was anything I did.  Jeff comes out and says "I'm way too busy right now.  I can't talk.  You did nothing wrong...I gotta go!"  I was completley bothered by this and the whole show was practically ruined for me because I couldn't understand what I could have done to offend Jeff.  It soured my meeting with Brian and I couldn't focus on the show at all.  I've "gotten over" it since then but it's still a memory I don't like to revisit....

He's the effing band leader for Chrissakes.  I'm surprised he didn't have security run you off as a potential stalker.  That's what I would have done.

3D

Back around 1990 or so I DID get run off by the manager at the time. Chaz somedody. Kicked me right out of the dressing room. I had been standing in line for a chair massage and he said OUT. Since I was fully credentialed, you should have seen the look on his face as I was chatting with Carl after the show as the band was loading in the limos. Worked everytime, but he started recognizing me at so many concerts in the Midwest.

Chaz Yost, Road Manager.  Matt Sheppard (who passed away from cancer like so many in the Beach Boys' camp) was the Tour Manager at the time and, in my experience, a much more accommodating guy.   Joel Gast, Assistant Tour Manager, was also a very accomodating guy.  What is a chair massage? Why were you waiting for one backstage?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:06:58 PM by southbay » Logged

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 12, 2012, 04:43:20 PM »

You sit in a special chair and a massage therapist works you over. No laying down. And it's because Al said it was OK. I did Alan a huge favor back in the mid-80's here in KC.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 12, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »

You sit in a special chair and a massage therapist works you over. No laying down. And it's because Al said it was OK. I did Alan a huge favor back in the mid-80's here in KC.

No kidding.  I guess I missed out on those....

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx