gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681300 Posts in 27632 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 03, 2024, 06:12:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys "Fun Fun Fun" at Dodger Stadium  (Read 85425 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2012, 08:53:58 AM »

No Albert Pujols, no Tony LaRussa, no World Series.  All they have is Freese and Beltran hitting for power.  No mas!

Pujols schmuholes; so what. he's only one guy. we've got a whole team! molina, holliday, freese, furcal, berkman, beltran, descalso, jay, and the list goes on and on. sad for the rest of the league who have virtually nobody.
Hey! Howzabout those Beach Boys?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2012, 08:54:40 AM »

And Ozzie Guillen gets suspended for telling the truth...........

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2012, 09:14:18 AM »

Maybe this has been posted? I jus found it. Jeff will be there singing tomorrow too, so it looks like they will do more complex harmonies and higher registers and whatever. http://www.kool.fm/kool-music/c22e3f5b4e1af5283d246a793e5a2528

There's an audio link but it looks like it's Real Audio PLayer file and I don't have that.

We asked Foskett -- who'll be performing tomorrow at Dodger's Stadium -- if as a young fan following the Beach Boys, he thought David Marks stood out from the pack: "I did, certainly, because he was much closer to my age than the other guys were. I mean, I'm 14 years younger than Brian, so David's only 10 years older than me? Y'know, and so I thought, 'Well this guy's much closer to me than Brian is.' And I was very aware of David Marks and I was very aware when Alan (Jardine) replaced him. And. . . we owned the Surfin' Safari and Surfin' U.S.A. albums, and then the next single that we got was 'Don't Worry Baby' - 'I Get Around,' and that has them on (UCLA's) Royce Hall's steps -- but Jardine's in the picture."

Thanks. I didn't see it before

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2012, 09:19:29 AM »

And Ozzie Guillen gets suspended for telling the truth...........

That's funny, Ozzie Guillen himself had a different version of it this morning:

Ozzie Guillen accepted full responsibility for his comments about Fidel Castro and expressed extreme regret and embarrassment during a press conference at Marlins Park on Tuesday morning.

Speaking moments after his five-game suspension was announced by the Miami Marlins, Guillen said he did not mean to say he loved and respected the Cuban dictator in a Time magazine interview.

"I was thinking in Spanish and I said it wrong in English," said Guillen, who answered questions in both his native Spanish and English during the press conference.

"I'm not saying the journalist was wrong. I was wrong. I had one thing in mind and I said something else."

Guillen, from Venezuela, said repeatedly that he does not admire Castro -- "a person who has caused a lot of damage, a lot of pain," he said -- even if that's how his comments came out.

"I don't want to make any excuses," he said. "What I wanted to say was I was surprised Fidel Castro stayed in power so long."

Throughout the press conference, which lasted more than 45 minutes, Guillen apologized many times.

"I feel like I betrayed my Latin community," he said. "I'm here to say I'm sorry with my heart in my hands."

He added: "I will do everything in my power to make it better. I'm very, very, very sorry."

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2012, 09:21:15 AM »

This is close, I'm getting excited now for the pictures and videos  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2012, 09:23:01 AM »

Brian in a suite at Dodger Stadium with a fan

Sound Check

Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2012, 09:24:25 AM »

Awkward hairdo. The setting looks nice though!

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2012, 09:27:05 AM »

Bruce's shorts. LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2012, 09:27:52 AM »

8 mics up there which include Foskett and Cowsill.  Who's the 8th...Darian...Scott?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2012, 09:29:55 AM »

Where are Mike and Al?

And go back a few pages, the poster who guessed Bruce would be wearing the hat gets the prize! That, and the shorts of course. Cheesy

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2012, 09:31:45 AM »

GF, I was in a hurry and mis-read what the article said.  Guillen's a good man. I believe him.

I know what he was really thinking when he gave that interview though!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2012, 09:36:25 AM »

All they need up there is Brian, Mike, Al, Bruce, and Dave with maybe Foskett doing the high part.  That's it!

And somebody please tell Bruce not to wear white shorts.  Hats are fine but loose the damn shorts!

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2012, 09:37:36 AM »

8 mics up there which include Foskett and Cowsill.  Who's the 8th...Darian...Scott?

Al and the Loverster I would assume.

Oops. I thought there were only 7. Misread thy post.  Shocked
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:39:11 AM by pixletwin » Logged
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2012, 09:42:49 AM »

All they need up there is Brian, Mike, Al, Bruce, and Dave with maybe Foskett doing the high part.  That's it!

And somebody please tell Bruce not to wear white shorts.  Hats are fine but loose the damn shorts!
Bruce needs his shorts.  Cool Awesome pix!
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2012, 09:43:07 AM »

All I hear is jealousy of Bruce's impossibly tanned, slender, and supple thighs.

eeeee! This is so exciting! I wish I was there.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2012, 09:45:08 AM »

Where are Mike and Al?

Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2012, 09:49:03 AM »

On the toilet.

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2012, 09:49:18 AM »

Brian looks like he hasn't missed too many meals.....

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2012, 09:53:32 AM »

Steak Dinners will do that to a man...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2012, 09:54:35 AM »

GF, I was in a hurry and mis-read what the article said.  Guillen's a good man. I believe him.

I know what he was really thinking when he gave that interview though!

Guillen definitely messed up in a big way - if what he meant to say got lost in his translation, that's what he's standing by and if people like the way he manages, that's that. However the Marlins have every right to suspend him or fire him over this, because he is working for a corporate interest that depends on the community and the people who come to see the games to support the team, buy the merchandise, and buy tickets to the Marlins games.

The team relocated to "Little Havana" in Miami, they're trying to connect and brand themselves within the Cuban-American community there which has money to spend and many of which are baseball fans, and it looks like Guillen really screwed the pooch on this one. There are some things you just don't say as a representative of his organization, and this is one of them.

Guillen aside, I think the Marlins' mascot "Billy Marlin" is one of the most annoying mascots in all of baseball. The best clip I saw of him was when he was being towed in the outfield behind an ATV or something, and something went wrong which sent him crashing into the outfield wall. Smiley

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2012, 09:55:28 AM »

On the toilet.

They both had to go at the same time?  Grin

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »

Steak Dinners will do that to a man...

Don't forget the birthday cake

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2012, 10:01:08 AM »

I'm wondering if this picture is of them rehearsing the "mini-concert" set after the Anthem?  I doubt David would use a guitar to accompany them on the National Anthem plus you can see a guitar behind Foskett.  Hmm...kinda hoped to see the full band up there playing but I guess this will be a good sampler of the vocals for the tour. 
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2012, 10:06:22 AM »

I'm wondering if this picture is of them rehearsing the "mini-concert" set after the Anthem?  I doubt David would use a guitar to accompany them on the National Anthem plus you can see a guitar behind Foskett.  Hmm...kinda hoped to see the full band up there playing but I guess this will be a good sampler of the vocals for the tour. 
Small acoustic set after Star Spangled Banner. I guess.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2012, 10:15:59 AM »

The team relocated to "Little Havana" in Miami, they're trying to connect and brand themselves within the Cuban-American community there which has money to spend and many of which are baseball fans, and it looks like Guillen really screwed the pooch on this one.

Well, that's the whole thing and the reason the Marlins had to take action. I guess Guillen may have (at least temporarily) offended most of the Miami (and South Florida) population. If it were some place like Seattle or S.F. or Minnesota, he'd probably be off the hook. But there's a huge Cuban community down there. A lot of Cuban and Puerto Rican and Venezuelan players throughout baseball, and I believe they will see Guillen's side of things here. Again, Guillen will come back and be even more motivated to win games and the club will support him. He's a good Manager, and over time that's what will override what was construed in the interview. He doesn't really need to prove himself as a baseball Manager.

Was unaware of the Billy Martin mascot. Have to check that out!  Grin

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx