gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 03:56:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys "Fun Fun Fun" at Dodger Stadium  (Read 84983 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »

At the season opener, April 10th.

Will this be the first Post-Grammy show!?

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:51:37 PM »

As of yesterday there was a private gig on youtube (now removed) from Montreal last weekend of a Mike and Bruce show.

But the reunion line-up? Don't think there has been anything since the grammies.

Oh.....and the anthem done acappella would be a cool gage for the tour ahead.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:56:44 PM by Undesirable Element » Logged
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 04:26:47 AM »

As of yesterday there was a private gig on youtube (now removed) from Montreal last weekend of a Mike and Bruce show.

But the reunion line-up? Don't think there has been anything since the grammies.

Oh.....and the anthem done acappella would be a cool gage for the tour ahead.

Have they done an a cappella National Anthem before? Cuz that sounds really nice. Really, really nice. I'd like to hear it very much.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 12:30:38 PM »

Sorry if this has been posted already, but more details here:
http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120403&content_id=27865568&vkey=pr_la&c_id=la
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 07:46:08 AM »

5 days till we see all the boys together

Really excited!  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 06:33:08 PM »

This will receive a lot of coverage.  It's important for the Beach Boys to pull out all the stops and put on a good show.  I don't want to read any articles the following day which say they should have retired.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 11:17:51 PM »

Who are these dodgers and what are they striving to avoid?

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 11:51:56 PM »

Originally, trolley car conductors.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 12:13:49 AM »

The Beach Boys' hometown team.

No mas, por favor.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 12:59:27 AM »

Nur & spell? Darts? Soccer?   Razz

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 09:41:11 PM »

Been wondering how the Beach Boys got the dodgers gig? Grin

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la/fan_forum/anthem.jsp
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 09:46:40 PM »

Nur & spell? Darts? Soccer?   Razz

I feel like an idiot for not realizing you were being facetious.

No mas, por favor.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 12:16:18 AM »

Nur & spell? Darts? Soccer?   Razz

I feel like an idiot for not realizing you were being facetious.

I feel bad for being facetious.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 08:08:32 AM »

I'm pretty apathetic about this.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 06:32:10 AM »

They were better when they were in Brooklyn. LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 08:23:08 AM »

I'm pretty apathetic about this.

Well, if you were truly THAT apathetic you wouldn't have bothered to post about it

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »

You're right in many ways...and they gave the fans in New York who couldn't stand the ritzy and glamorous Yankees a hard-nosed group of more regular guys to cheer for. When they moved to Los Angeles they lost that element. And the Mets because they were so bad for so long never captured the old Brooklyn Dodgers appeal to the masses.

Let me say - Phillies fan to the core - one of the best things I ever saw in sports was the sight of Matt Stairs in the 2008 NL playoffs launching a moon-rocket shot over the wall in LA and effectively silencing all the Hollywood glitterati like Mary Hart and Larry King who had come to watch the game that night...and which eventually led to the Phils winning the Series that year. I'll watch the Beach Boys perform but that's it with me and the Dodgers.  Cheesy

I'm surprised the Dodgers could afford to hire any national act beyond maybe "Up With People" to perform or sing this year considering all the financial hardships they've had with the McCourts and all that.

Play Ball! Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 10:39:14 AM »

SF Giants fan since 1958, bitter rivals of the Trolley Dodgers all the way back to their New York days, hard to do this, but I'll have to get my hands on at least one souvenir piece (assuming I can get special permission from my sister who lives in San Francisco and is never without something with a Giants logo on it). Dodger Stadium is a great venue, in any event, and of course there is always Vin Scully to listen to, the best baseball announcer ever even if he has worked for the wrong team since 1949. Should be a fun day at the park, but I hope they lose.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 10:41:35 AM »

I just posted it in the "tour"-thread but since this thread is about that specific topic I post this quote from Al's facebook page again (we got too many threads about the reunion stuff, don't you think?) This way we all should be able to at least listen to the performance (I hope for videos on youtube afterwards, guys !):

The game starts tomorrow at 1:10pm PDT...if you can't find the game on TV, you can listen live here: http://www.am570radio.com/main.html

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 11:02:29 AM »

SF Giants fan since 1958, bitter rivals of the Trolley Dodgers all the way back to their New York days, hard to do this, but I'll have to get my hands on at least one souvenir piece (assuming I can get special permission from my sister who lives in San Francisco and is never without something with a Giants logo on it). Dodger Stadium is a great venue, in any event, and of course there is always Vin Scully to listen to, the best baseball announcer ever even if he has worked for the wrong team since 1949. Should be a fun day at the park, but I hope they lose.

Completely agree with that assessment, NHC.  I'll take SBC Park ANY day over Chavez Ravine, but I'll make an exception for one day to get a souvenir.  Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 11:07:52 AM »

You're right in many ways...and they gave the fans in New York who couldn't stand the ritzy and glamorous Yankees a hard-nosed group of more regular guys to cheer for. When they moved to Los Angeles they lost that element. And the Mets because they were so bad for so long never captured the old Brooklyn Dodgers appeal to the masses.

Let me say - Phillies fan to the core - one of the best things I ever saw in sports was the sight of Matt Stairs in the 2008 NL playoffs launching a moon-rocket shot over the wall in LA and effectively silencing all the Hollywood glitterati like Mary Hart and Larry King who had come to watch the game that night...and which eventually led to the Phils winning the Series that year. I'll watch the Beach Boys perform but that's it with me and the Dodgers.  Cheesy

I'm surprised the Dodgers could afford to hire any national act beyond maybe "Up With People" to perform or sing this year considering all the financial hardships they've had with the McCourts and all that.

Play Ball! Grin

Manny Mota, October, 1977; Bill Rusell, October 1978.

Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 11:51:09 AM »

nvm
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:23:46 PM by SheriffJohnStone » Logged

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 01:08:47 PM »

Completely agree with that assessment, NHC.  I'll take SBC Park ANY day over Chavez Ravine, but I'll make an exception for one day to get a souvenir.  Grin

Hey Mikie, you really a Giants fan?  Shouldn't you know the name of your stadium is AT&T? Just sayin'... By the way, I am going to the game tomorrow.  Anybody else here going?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 01:34:25 PM »

and of course there is always Vin Scully to listen to, the best baseball announcer ever even if he has worked for the wrong team since 1949.

The late Harry Kalas is right up there with Scully - People outside of Philly heard him regularly as the voice of NFL Films productions, where he took over for another Philly great John Facenda. Even if folks don't know him by name they know his voice. "It's OUTTA HERE...." Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 01:36:48 PM »

Manny Mota, October, 1977; Bill Rusell, October 1978.

Shane Victorino... Grin

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx