gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681008 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 14, 2024, 10:39:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys "Fun Fun Fun" at Dodger Stadium  (Read 85180 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2012, 10:16:25 AM »

I'm wondering if this picture is of them rehearsing the "mini-concert" set after the Anthem?  I doubt David would use a guitar to accompany them on the National Anthem plus you can see a guitar behind Foskett.  Hmm...kinda hoped to see the full band up there playing but I guess this will be a good sampler of the vocals for the tour. 
Small acoustic set after Star Spangled Banner. I guess.

The game usually starts right after the Star Spangled Banner - they wouldn't do a BB song immediately afterward unless they'd want to be booed out of the stadium... Grin  I was a little confused by the guitars as well.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2012, 10:19:16 AM »

I'm wondering if this picture is of them rehearsing the "mini-concert" set after the Anthem?  I doubt David would use a guitar to accompany them on the National Anthem plus you can see a guitar behind Foskett.  Hmm...kinda hoped to see the full band up there playing but I guess this will be a good sampler of the vocals for the tour. 

The game usually starts right after the Star Spangled Banner - they wouldn't do a BB song immediately afterward unless they'd want to be booed out of the stadium... Grin  

Some of the Beach Boys' songs easily could be the national anthem  Wink

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »

The team relocated to "Little Havana" in Miami, they're trying to connect and brand themselves within the Cuban-American community there which has money to spend and many of which are baseball fans, and it looks like Guillen really screwed the pooch on this one.

Well, that's the whole thing and the reason the Marlins had to take action. I guess Guillen may have (at least temporarily) offended most of the Miami (and South Florida) population. If it were some place like Seattle or S.F. or Minnesota, he'd probably be off the hook. But there's a huge Cuban community down there. A lot of Cuban and Puerto Rican and Venezuelan players throughout baseball, and I believe they will see Guillen's side of things here. Again, Guillen will come back and be even more motivated to win games and the club will support him. He's a good Manager, and over time that's what will override what was construed in the interview. He doesn't really need to prove himself as a baseball Manager.

Was unaware of the Billy Martin mascot. Have to check that out!  Grin

That's true, the timing of it when they're trying to build a fan base couldn't have been worse! Everyone will survive and the Marlins will carry on. Smiley

My apologies on "Billy Marlin", I got my mascot bloopers confused. It was actually Seattle's "Mariner Moose" who was being towed by an ATV on roller skates, and went crashing into the outfield wall. That guy broke his foot or something. "Billy The Marlin" made headlines for not only acting like a jerk but one time the team was sued because "Billy" was launching T-shirts into the stands from an air cannon and an older man said one of the Marlins shirts bonked him in the head and knocked him out. Cheesy

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2012, 10:34:19 AM »

Maybe Dave's guitar is just there to clue them in on their notes.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2012, 10:37:54 AM »

Who are these dodgers and what are they striving to avoid?

The Beach Boys' hometown team.
They were better when they were in Brooklyn. LOL

You're right in many ways...and they gave the fans in New York who couldn't stand the ritzy and glamorous Yankees a hard-nosed group of more regular guys to cheer for. When they moved to Los Angeles they lost that element. And the Mets because they were so bad for so long never captured the old Brooklyn Dodgers appeal to the masses.

The now-deceased 1955 World Series MVP Dodgers pitcher (and 1991-96 Phillies pitching coach) Johnny Podres grew up in the same town where I'm from (the only reason I'm even mentioning it is because it's such a damn small town, and something like that is seen as a big deal.).

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »

The game usually starts right after the Star Spangled Banner - they wouldn't do a BB song immediately afterward unless they'd want to be booed out of the stadium... Grin  I was a little confused by the guitars as well.

Good call... I suppose the question is where will they place the acoustic set of BB songs.  Perhaps before the Anthem then? 
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2012, 10:49:42 AM »

Or after the game? I'm not at all familiar with the proceeding of a baseball match.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »

I do know that they usually sing the anthem before burning the giant wicker man.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2012, 10:58:06 AM »

Probably won't be after the game.  There is no telling how long a baseball game can go...it can be the typical 2 hours but if it goes into extra innings it could go on for a while.  Regardless if this happens or not...the crowd usually leaves the stadium right when the last out is called...terrible time to have a mini BB set!  I'm not sure what the Dodgers do doing the 7th inninng stretch but that could be a possibility but I doubt it.  It will have to be before the game, and I suppose before the Anthem is sung.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2012, 10:59:45 AM »

I do know that they usually sing the anthem before burning the giant wicker man.
Where is Nic Cage when you need him?....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOpsbAUEe90

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2012, 11:01:12 AM »

The only songs usually heard at a baseball game are the Star Spangled Banner right before the game, and in the past 10 years or so teams have also been singing "God Bless America" either before the Star Spangled Banner or during the 7th inning stretch. If it's a game in Toronto they do "O Canada". In Chicago they have a tradition of singing Take Me Out To The Ball Game during the 7th inning stretch. No songs are officially done after the game because most fans are already heading out the door. No songs are performed between innings other than the 7th inning stretch.

We'll find out soon enough, but I can see one guitar being used during the National Anthem, others have done that with vocals...but 99 out of 100 performances of the song are done a capella. Two guitars or more - that has to be for another tune. Confusing. We'll see.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2012, 11:38:43 AM »

This reminds me of the series of combination Beach Boys/Baseball games in the 80's, sponsored by Chevrolet. After a ball game, the Beach Boys came out and did a concert, usually in centerfield. It was good for both the Beach Boys and for the baseball team and they drew very good crowds. Two-for-the-price-of-one deal. For one of the gigs, Reggie Jackson rehearsed and joined them onstage for 'Shut Down'. There's a video of them somewhere rehearsing that's really good - Al and Bruce were teaching him his parts.

Baseball, Beach Boys, Apple pie, and Chevrolet!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2012, 11:52:49 AM »

So...we have the link for listening to the performance but no official word if the video will be streaming online anywhere?  I suppose we'll have to wait for someone to tape it off the TV and then upload it online?

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2012, 11:56:01 AM »

I'm at the Baseball Hall Of Fame, I asked when the time to play a second song would be and they said most likely just the 7th inning stretch.

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2012, 12:03:11 PM »

They just mentioned Brian Wilson on the AM station stream. "he needs his rest and let's see what happens."
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2012, 12:09:17 PM »

They just mentioned Brian Wilson on the AM station stream. "he needs his rest and let's see what happens."

what the..... what does that mean? are there problems?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2012, 12:11:06 PM »

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2012, 12:11:48 PM »

what the..... what does that mean? are there problems?

I think he's just being condescending.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2012, 12:12:05 PM »

Thanks Slim.  Good to see Mike, Al, Bruce (and I think I see Brian) ready to go.  Their own jerseys is a nice touch.  No shorts!
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2012, 12:12:23 PM »

Thanks. I can see them all in this picture, except for Dave. Brian is barely visible near Foskett, who is most likely going to be heard the clearest. Side note; didn't realize Bruce had lost that much hair in the back; probably why he wears the caps so often.
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2012, 12:14:08 PM »

I think he's just being condescending.

oh. ugh. ok, thanks.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2012, 12:14:16 PM »

Thanks. I can see them all in this picture, except for Dave. Brian is barely visible near Foskett, who is most likely going to be heard the clearest. Side note; didn't realize Bruce had lost that much hair in the back; probably why he wears the caps so often.

They must have told Dave to get out of the way for the picture.......again  LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2012, 12:17:04 PM »

It's kinda early for them to be already on the field..still about an hour to go till gametime.  I'm wondering if their mini-acoustic set will be much, much earlier than the Anthem?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2012, 12:19:49 PM »

Yeah they just said the pregame starts in about five minutes so I'm guessing maybe soon, considering claims of how good the pregame sounded earlier. Hawthorne references and timelessness mentions, so it's soon. Fun, Fun, Fun was mentioned.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:21:30 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx