gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:48:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys "Fun Fun Fun" at Dodger Stadium  (Read 84750 times)
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 01:48:07 PM »

Manny Mota, October, 1977; Bill Rusell, October 1978.

Shane Victorino... Grin

Yeah, I don't like him much either. How about you and I agree to stick with Wilson, Love and Jardine?

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 02:02:35 PM »

Manny Mota, October, 1977; Bill Rusell, October 1978.

Shane Victorino... Grin

Yeah, I don't like him much either. How about you and I agree to stick with Wilson, Love and Jardine?

Where is the fun in that? I guess we could take bets on whether Mike will be wearing a Dodgers cap, or if he'll dust off the Rolls Royce model. Smiley Nothing like a little good-natured sports rivalry banter. As long as it doesn't involve soccer. Grin  I'm just joking.

I thought the poster who has Mr. Met in his avatar would have chimed in...Cheesy

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 02:40:29 PM »

I can't really talk smack right now, the Phiillies are still better.  HOWEVER, they have clearly peaked and are trending downward (although this does not mean they won't win it this year). In two years, the Dodgers will be the NL's best. We are just happy (HAPPY!!) to not be embarrassed by the McCourt's any longer. As for Mr. Met, forget it. My bet is Johnston will show up in the Dodger cap tomorrow.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 02:50:57 PM »

Chicago Cubs fan w00t!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 02:56:22 PM »

Chicago Cubs fan w00t!

Sorry to hear that.  Grin

I've always liked Tampa Bay. I originally became a fan because of how lousy they were. But I saw the potential.

No mas, por favor.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »

Chicago Cubs fan w00t!

Sorry to hear that.  Grin

I've always liked Tampa Bay. I originally became a fan because of how lousy they were. But I saw the potential.
Its a pain at times, but games at Wrigley Field are so fun. I think Brian likes the Cubs from when he lived in Illinois.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »

Chicago Cubs fan w00t!

Sorry to hear that.  Grin

Have faith in Theo and Jed.  Just keep them away from the free agent check book.  Hate the Rays and their cow bell ringing fans, but Andrew Friedman is great. Dodgers need a new GM with the new ownership, I envy both the Cubs and Rays for the management teams.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2012, 03:06:17 PM »

Well, if Magic and his cohorts buy the club, it'll be bye bye McCourt!  Then the Dodgers will have deep pockets and will bring in some decent players!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2012, 03:11:16 PM »

They bought 'em.  Been approved. They officially take over May 1 (and they already have some "decent" players--Kemp, Kershaw, Ethier.  But I know what you meant)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:14:17 PM by southbay » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2012, 03:21:48 PM »

They got rid of Manny a couple of years ago - that was a start. Now they need to beef up security and put more lights in the place so no more fans get their asses kicked and aren't afraid to go to games at night.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2012, 03:22:37 PM »

Chicago Cubs fan w00t!

Sorry to hear that.  Grin

Have faith in Theo and Jed.  Just keep them away from the free agent check book.  Hate the Rays and their cow bell ringing fans, but Andrew Friedman is great. Dodgers need a new GM with the new ownership, I envy both the Cubs and Rays for the management teams.
Theo's last year in Boston was a mess, but I know he will do a good job with Chicago. Dodgers will change for the better with ownership that cares about the team, unlike the bimbo McCourts.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »

They got rid of Manny a couple of years ago - that was a start. Now they need to beef up security and put more lights in the place so no more fans get their asses kicked and aren't afraid to go to games at night.
Mikie,  did you ever see Willie Mays play? Grin

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2012, 03:49:14 PM »

Yeah, I saw Mays quite a few times. Along with McCovey, Marichal, and Perry. Saw 'em play the Dodgers a few times too when they still had Drysdale, Sutton, Osteen, Davis, Parker, and Roseboro. Remember as a kid seeing Koufax, Wills, and Gilliam on TV. When the Giants weren't on the radio, my Dad would listen to KFI radio at night and pick up the Dodger games with Vin Skully. Those were the days........I even remember when Marichal hit Roseboro over the head with a bat!

Also saw the A's play the Dodgers in Oakland in the '74 and '88 World Series!

My old man played for the Chisox.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:52:55 PM by Mikie » Logged

southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2012, 04:17:39 PM »

Yeah, I saw Mays quite a few times. Along with McCovey, Marichal, and Perry. Saw 'em play the Dodgers a few times too when they still had Drysdale, Sutton, Osteen, Davis, Parker, and Roseboro. Remember as a kid seeing Koufax, Wills, and Gilliam on TV. When the Giants weren't on the radio, my Dad would listen to KFI radio at night and pick up the Dodger games with Vin Skully. Those were the days........I even remember when Marichal hit Roseboro over the head with a bat!

''

Who is your dad?

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2012, 05:38:46 PM »

''

Who is your dad?

Blimey guys , what sport are you talking about ?

Can we please talk Soccer ( ie as us Brits and Euros call FOOTBALL ) , David Beckham , Norman Hunter , Nobby Stiles , Bobby Moore , David James , Paul Scholes , Tom Finney , Nat Lofthouse , Kevin Keegan  , Bobby Charlton ,  Glenn Hoddle , Tommy Smith , Alan Shearer et al etc.........I could go on for hours !

Now  'Thats Why God Made Sport'    LOL 
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2012, 05:46:45 PM »

Was he a third baseman, or a Triple A manager? 
Probably should talk more about the Cardinals, tho, cuz they're the world champs; not the Phillies, not the Dodgers, not the Cubs in the next 200 years

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 12:07:57 AM »

Maybe this has been posted? I jus found it. Jeff will be there singing tomorrow too, so it looks like they will do more complex harmonies and higher registers and whatever. http://www.kool.fm/kool-music/c22e3f5b4e1af5283d246a793e5a2528

There's an audio link but it looks like it's Real Audio PLayer file and I don't have that.

We asked Foskett -- who'll be performing tomorrow at Dodger's Stadium -- if as a young fan following the Beach Boys, he thought David Marks stood out from the pack: "I did, certainly, because he was much closer to my age than the other guys were. I mean, I'm 14 years younger than Brian, so David's only 10 years older than me? Y'know, and so I thought, 'Well this guy's much closer to me than Brian is.' And I was very aware of David Marks and I was very aware when Alan (Jardine) replaced him. And. . . we owned the Surfin' Safari and Surfin' U.S.A. albums, and then the next single that we got was 'Don't Worry Baby' - 'I Get Around,' and that has them on (UCLA's) Royce Hall's steps -- but Jardine's in the picture."

No mas, por favor.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 07:30:45 AM »

Probably should talk more about the Cardinals, tho, cuz they're the world champs; not the Phillies, not the Dodgers, not the Cubs in the next 200 years

I don't think the Cardinals are going anywhere this year, and I say this cautiously as my home team just dropped three in a row. They lost Pujols and LaRussa...hardly an insignificant change to both the core of the lineup and the way the team is managed.

The Phillies are hurtin' more than they should be, and I said as much during spring training when they were just a flat kind of team, with no real offensive spark, a terrific starting rotation with one of the best closers in the game, yet a shaky-at-best middle relief bullpen staff. Take an infield which has all star players at four of the four field positions, then remove two of the four with injuries: one coming back in perhaps a month, and the other indefinite.

That kind of loss would be as devastating as trading your MVP power hitting first baseman and losing your future Hall Of Fame manager in one off-season!

I see the Phillies still competing once the lineup stabilizes, I see the Cardinals up there naturally, the Giants luster has worn off, the Mets will again self-destruct by September if not sooner, the Braves need to get over the 'star power' of the old Chipper Jones legacy and focus again on younger talent which can actually deliver consistently (hello Heyward) the Reds are WAY too overhyped and overconfident, and the Marlins aren't all that despite spending a lot of cash. The Nationals have a lot of hype behind them, but they talk too much and will finish third. The other NL teams will be sub-.500 teams again by October.

My predictions only.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:50:32 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 07:33:49 AM »

Go Cubs Go! Defeat the Redbirds this year! Grin
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:36:20 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2012, 07:51:56 AM »

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2012, 07:57:04 AM »

Oh no... LOL  You ever go to Phillies games at the Vet and see all the insanity in the stands? 3D

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 08:07:23 AM »

Go Cubs Go! Defeat the Redbirds this year! Grin

Oh no... LOL  You ever go to Phillies games at the Vet and see all the insanity in the stands? 3D

I have seen games at the Vet since I was about 7 or 8 up to the last year it was standing, and have been to Citizens Bank Park since then, which is awesome. Great food, good atmosphere.

Honestly, having seen this firsthand several times, the biggest yahoos and most loud, obnoxious fans are in the stands when the Mets or the Red Sox come to Philly and those Boston and NY folks travel in for the games. These people can't hold their beer! The insanity in the Phillies stands has been overblown, take it from me as I've been there. Eagles games, in the cheap seats are a different story. I wouldn't go there if I were given tickets! But baseball games in Philly, and the fans in general, aren't what the reputation suggests.

The worst place I've seen for idiot fans acting foolish and starting fights over nothing was in the center-right bleacher seats at Fenway Park. Each time I was there, just to catch a game on the cheap, multiple fights broke out in that seating area. Philly has nothing on that, believe me, unless it's the Eagles...

I will say as a fan that a rumor/reputation I'm proud of is that Phillies fans have, in the past, grown impatient with action on the field other than the game and have indeed booed both Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Not many cities can say, with pride, that they booed Santa off the field. Grin
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:08:55 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2012, 08:19:18 AM »

St. Louis has the best fans anywhere AND the team going to the world series( again)

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2012, 08:32:53 AM »

St. Louis has the best fans anywhere AND the team going to the world series( again)

It's nice to dream. Grin

I'm kidding...I don't mind the Cards as much since they got rid of JD Drew and Scott Rolen a few years ago. Those two guys...

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2012, 08:36:26 AM »

No Albert Pujols, no Tony LaRussa, no World Series.  All they have is Freese and Beltran hitting for power.  No mas!

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx