gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Jardine - A Postcard from California - official Video - HD  (Read 12063 times)
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »

fuuuuu i love this version of california feelin'.  the definitive version for me!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 11:10:01 AM »

From Facebook:

Al Jardine
My video for "Don't Fight the Sea" is on the GRAMMY ballot this year! It recently won an award for best music video at the Blue Ocean festival in Monterey, CA, and I would appreciate the consideration of the voting members of the Academy to support its submission for a GRAMMY in the category Best Short Form Video. Pictured here are my sons Robbie and Drew in front of the vessel Steve Irwin in Sydney, Australia. They met the Whale Wars crew and presented them with an autographed picture of the Beach Boys on tour, and invited them to participate in the video. As he is still in seclusion from those trying to stop him, Captain Paul Watson was unable to participate, but supports our message and is ready to go back to the Antarctic and resume the wars. Please support us in the global effort to save our oceans, and please consider "Don't Fight The Sea." Watch for it to be premiered soon on VEVO! (photo courtesy Mary Ann Jardine)

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »

Just noticed the full video is up. Has it been shown before? Sorry if it has been discussed before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V3rbs2r4V0
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 08:10:13 PM »

Just noticed the full video is up. Has it been shown before? Sorry if it has been discussed before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V3rbs2r4V0

Nope, it hasn't.  Thanks for posting.

BUT THEY CUT OUT CARL!!! Sad

What's up with that?

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2012, 08:17:03 PM »

Good to finally see it released.  Right when the tour is completely over.  Typical Al timing! LOL
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 08:21:08 PM »

BUT THEY CUT OUT CARL!!! Sad

I wish they'd left Carl's part in, even if it meant showing more disturbing footage of sea creatures in distress.

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »

Carl's vocal took a pretty decent song to a totally different level. He was good at that, as I'm sure you all know. Seriously, his vocal was a huge highlight of the song it's really lacking without it. What gives?

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 08:58:01 PM »

Yeah, weird that they would shorten the song for the video.  I'll blame Al's typical lack of common sense for this one.  The video isn't bad though--especially the Beach Boys footage. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 09:16:24 PM »

is the part that Matt is singing in the video, actually Matt's voice? Sounds just like 80s Brian.

and there's something pretty funny about cutting right from Mike to someone clubbing a seal.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Nicko1234
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 09:35:20 PM »

Certainly a contender for the best video in the band`s history despite the editing of the song.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 10:18:53 PM »

and there's something pretty funny about cutting right from Mike to someone clubbing a seal.

LOL
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2012, 05:32:52 AM »

Carl's vocal took a pretty decent song to a totally different level. He was good at that, as I'm sure you all know. Seriously, his vocal was a huge highlight of the song it's really lacking without it. What gives?

Perhaps it was something as simple as: ( The Beach Boys,Mike,Brian) " if you want to include the current groupin the video, leave Carl out"

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 08:25:56 AM »

leaving Carl's part out is inexcusable. period.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2012, 09:06:22 AM »

That Mike Love ECU -> seal clubbing thing made me spray coffee on my monitor. Thanks a lot, Alan Charles Jardine!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2012, 10:19:59 AM »

< is the part that Matt is singing in the video, actually Matt's voice? >

Yes, that's Matt -- I've heard him sing that part live and he sounds the same.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2012, 12:03:28 PM »

I wonder what they wanna tell us with that. Has it a hidden meaning?  Cheesy

Anyway, well done video. Al's appearance on the beach doesn't look as staged as some clips in the trailer for the album. The Beach Boys in the studio is pretty nice, too. Certainly a much better video than the one for "That's why God made the radio" which isn't that hard anyway.
Will a video of the version with Carl's parts come out or is this really the real thing?

Oh and that McCartney appearance was unnecessary

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2012, 12:45:21 PM »

How the hell did I miss the "That's Why God" video? This is... not so good. Perhaps if the guys appeared for more than a collective ten seconds (literally) near the end, it might be more worthwhile.

There kids' faces are obnoxious to look at.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »

How the hell did I miss the "That's Why God" video?

Maybe because no one talks about it. It's really not worth it.

- Jack Rieley
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 02:44:56 PM »

How the hell did I miss the "That's Why God" video? This is... not so good. Perhaps if the guys appeared for more than a collective ten seconds (literally) near the end, it might be more worthwhile.

There kids' faces are obnoxious to look at.

Enter AGD and the other assbutts on the board telling you you're a lazy fan and don't deserve to breathe.

musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2012, 03:00:05 PM »

When was the last time the guys actually had a starring role or appeared for more than a few seconds in their own video?

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2012, 03:06:13 PM »

So Al finally gets back to the career he put on hold for C50 and releases a music video, for a song that features The Beach Boys no less.. and the stinkin thing is barely 2 minutes long!  Roll Eyes

[Oh and that McCartney appearance was unnecessary

LOL. I knew it was gonna be awkwardly wedged in there somewhere. I guess Adele and Katy Perry and whoever else Al mentioned weren't available for the shoot.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2012, 03:35:34 PM »

When was the last time the guys actually had a starring role or appeared for more than a few seconds in their own video?

Summer of Love probably.  So maybe there's a good reason.  LOL

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2012, 03:57:17 PM »

It seems like this is less a full "music video" for the song, and more a 2 minute PSA featuring some of the song. It's not just Carl's part that's edited out, the whole song is nearly cut in half.

I doubt someone cut Carl's part out of spite or anything, they simply edited the song down to fit the 2 minute PSA, probably emphasizing the chorus for more impact for the PSA.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2012, 12:10:03 PM »

is the part that Matt is singing in the video, actually Matt's voice? Sounds just like 80s Brian.

No - he's miming to Bruce's part. They're all miming.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 12:13:00 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2012, 03:53:53 PM »

No - he's miming to Bruce's part. They're all miming.

All thru the day, I me  mime, I me mime, I me mime

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx