gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:57:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favourite TV Show Themes  (Read 30982 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2018, 12:10:21 PM »

2Buckethead: I like military comedies a la "Police Academy" with commands, goofy jokes etc. & since you mentioned Carol Kaye, I've got utmost respect for her. She's really great bassist & played bass in many things, therefore am sure that what you're told - i.e. she playing in "Hogan's Heroes" - is right.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2018, 12:40:35 PM »

Yeah, goofy can be good, especially when you don't want to think too hard. I hope that Carol played on the HH theme, too, because I enjoy any kind of BB connection!   
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2018, 05:57:45 PM »

Always loved those cool British 60s theme songs such as Danger Man and The Prisoner.
My favorite is The Avengers theme (Patrick MacNee/Diana Rigg era). No US show could touch that. Love the bongos lol!

Don't laugh but a favorite US theme song from the 60s was for the Jonny Quest cartoon show.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 06:02:03 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2018, 06:21:26 PM »

I won't laugh. He also did the theme songs for the Jetsons and the Flintstones. A poster indicates that the musicians showed up for the Johnny Quest session thinking, how hard could it be to do a cartoon theme song and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIhEpjnaNlo
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2018, 06:44:29 PM »

Now that you have me thinking about kids' shows, here is my all-time favorite theme song. It's from Shining Time Station, a series that ran from 1989 through the early 90s that incorporated Thomas the Train cartoons. (Ringo Star and George Carlin both played Mr. Conductor.) I'd feed and diaper my three sons in the morning and we'd settle in to enjoy this magical experience. The best part is when we'd try to sing along; not kid-friendly lyrics, what a mess! My heart is full...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-z3bXGY6L4

Sung by Philadelphia's own Kevin Roth.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2018, 05:33:06 AM »

2Buckethead: You listed kid shows, it's different case entirely to cartoon shows, real people play etc. - see the previous question. Or, if you didn't answer means you dislike cartoon themes? Not the single example?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2018, 05:52:57 AM »

RangeRoverA1 - Cartoons were not my thing, generally. Too many older brothers who dominated the TV and I had no choice but to watch. But if I had to pick one cartoon theme, it would be Astro Boy. Those Japanese knew what they were doing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpwbNYFvZy4

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2018, 07:20:26 AM »

Teen Titans was a good cartoon theme.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2018, 07:48:00 AM »

Fall Guy
Spider-Man Cartoon
Littlest Hobo
Barney Miller
Gimme a Break (early version)
Snow Job
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2018, 08:23:06 AM »

Littlest Hobo

First the hockey talk and now this. You are really out-Canadianing the rest of us Canadians on the board.
wingsoveramerica
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2018, 10:05:14 AM »

The Sopranos.

Jon G.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2018, 11:01:18 AM »

Littlest Hobo

First the hockey talk and now this. You are really out-Canadianing the rest of us Canadians on the board.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaXIuHH91fU

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2018, 01:32:47 PM »

Littlest Hobo

LOL
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2018, 06:47:58 PM »

This has been stuck in my head since I was about 4:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x4wBbx9wE5U
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2018, 04:17:46 AM »

This has been stuck in my head since I was about 4:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x4wBbx9wE5U

I've never seen that before but what I like best about it is that they film it in a way that it looks like they are singing that song to me as I'm being forcibly removed from the building.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2018, 05:06:21 AM »

2Buckethead: We'll agree to disagree re: Japanese cartoons. Hated them. They strangely got popular here with Russian kids. & music themes? Just plain bad.

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2018, 05:40:21 AM »

RangeRover A1 - I was talking  "tongue-in-cheek" about Japanese cartoons (being kind of sarcastic).  Aside from Astro Boy, I'm not really impressed.  It's interesting, though, that  Japanese cartoons caught on in Russia. I assume this was after Gornachev?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2018, 05:46:43 AM »

Yes, during Gorbachev's "perestroika" lotta things from abroad began to be allowed - music, films, clothes etc. Btw, do you live in California? It's definitely the best state. 3D Lucky if you do.

KDS
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2018, 05:50:53 AM »

I really like the main theme from The Simpsons by Danny Elfman. 

It's a shame that increased commercial time on TV shows has more or less killed the title sequence and need for TV theme songs. 
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2018, 06:19:45 AM »

RangeRoverA1 - No, I actually live in Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia. I've been to California  three times, though, and it is quite different fro m my home state. A big part of the romance of California was, of course, encouraged  by  Beach Boys music. My high school had a couple of exchange students every year form other countries and many would insist that their host families take them to California. They didn't realize that it was so far away that even most Pennsylvanians had never been there! my favorite pat of CA is the northern part. Not "fun in the sun" but beautiful.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2018, 06:14:23 PM »

2Buckethead: Cool! Bet you liked being there. Btw, I knew California way before discovering BBs. Seeing pictures, postcards with cool images, luxurious house designs, palm trees etc., I regard it the best place in the world. 3D There's inofficial "rivalry" between California & New York - 2 entertainment centre states etc. But I read many long-time New Yorkers praising it when they visit it. As they should. police 3D

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2018, 10:06:23 AM »

For some reason, I love as theme songs the sorts of music I'd never enjoy otherwise. Presumably it's mostly because of my age (and thus the shows I grew up with), but I have a soft spot for those cheesy soft pop themes like Family Ties, Growing Pains, etc. Diff'rent Strokes was great. Mr. Belvedere, Perfect Strangers. The Greatest American Hero theme was fantastic. The laughably corny power chords that kicked off Beverly Hills 90210.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2018, 12:55:34 PM »

Anyone mentioned Angelo Badalamenti’s theme song for Twin Peaks?
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2018, 12:13:30 PM »

Littlest Hobo

LOL
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2018, 12:14:01 PM »

Littlest Hobo

That's sweet!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx