gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 11:49:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So what's the deal on any UK dates for 50th??  (Read 8130 times)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 06:19:37 AM »

UK guys might want to start lookin' out for remaining tickets to German (and other European) shows... I know travelling costs are f*cked up, but whatchoo gonna do.. Chances for UK gigs look worse with every day that passes.

I don't know if the BBs would make some announcement the moment they're 100% sure the UK's not on the reunion map.  Huh

How many Berlin tickets are still available? I just saw that train fare for me is € 49.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 06:20:19 AM »

UK guys might want to start lookin' out for remaining tickets to German (and other European) shows... I know travelling costs are f*cked up, but whatchoo gonna do.. Chances for UK gigs look worse with every day that passes.

I don't know if the BBs would make some announcement the moment they're 100% sure the UK's not on the reunion map.  Huh

I'm driving to Mönchengladbach with a couple of friends. One seat left in the car, so if there's any Brits crossing the pond and from then on needs a ride (we're leaving from the city Utrecht), you're welcome! We are driving back directly after the concert btw, so be prepared for a long day/evening/night (but if necesary there's a guest room in our house  Smiley )

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:17:37 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 06:39:30 AM »

Too bad the long-set deservers are not getting any BB concert.

Here's plenty of Status Quo tour dates to make up for it, though
http://www.statusquo.co.uk/

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 06:41:48 AM »

How many Berlin tickets are still available?
For some reason the eventim page won't let me see the hall plan with the ticket categories anymore.. so, I don't know. When I bought my ticket (about 2 months ago) there weren't many good seats left.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 06:54:55 AM »

For some reason the eventim page won't let me see the hall plan with the ticket categories anymore.. so, I don't know. When I bought my ticket (about 2 months ago) there weren't many good seats left.

I can see them: http://www.ticketmaster.de/artist/beach-boys-Tickets/2320?tm_link=tm_j8&language=de-de

Stuttgart only has some seats left in a corner way back, but Berlin and especially Mönchengladbach still has some good seats.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 06:59:52 AM »

I can see them: http://www.ticketmaster.de/artist/beach-boys-Tickets/2320?tm_link=tm_j8&language=de-de

Stuttgart only has some seats left in a corner way back, but Berlin and especially Mönchengladbach still has some good seats.
M'Gladbach was added later, so yeah. But Berlin is.. y'know, Berlin.  Cheesy Go to Berlin! There's a small SmileySmile get-together planned, anyway: click.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 07:25:36 AM »

I don't know if the BBs would make some announcement the moment they're 100% sure the UK's not on the reunion map.  Huh

I'm driving to Mönchengladbach with a couple of friends. One seat left in the car, so if there's any Brits crossing the pond and from then on needs a ride (we're leaving from the city Utrecht), you're welcome! We are driving back directly after the concert btw, so be prepared for a long day/evening/night (but if necesary there's a guest room in hour house  Smiley )

Shocked Hour House? Is that a 'Stundenhotell'? That's a hotel where you can rent a room per the hour, to spend it with a partner to, em, well you know, I mean, not to sleep, if you know what I mean and I think you do...?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 07:48:24 AM »

I really have got to the point of "I couldn't care less" with regards to a UK tour now - the only reason I'd be going is to see Al as I've seen the rest in concert in their various incarnations.

If they wanted to do some shows they could, if they wanna blame the Olympics / Tax issues / whatever etc for not coming then that's fine by me. I just won't be as eager to book to see them if they tour separately again.

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 08:19:23 AM »

I'm driving to Mönchengladbach with a couple of friends. One seat left in the car, so if there's any Brits crossing the pond and from then on needs a ride (we're leaving from the city Utrecht), you're welcome! We are driving back directly after the concert btw, so be prepared for a long day/evening/night (but if necesary there's a guest room in hour house  Smiley )

Shocked Hour House? Is that a 'Stundenhotell'? That's a hotel where you can rent a room per the hour, to spend it with a partner to, em, well you know, I mean, not to sleep, if you know what I mean and I think you do...?

ahem... reminds me I shoud check what I wrote before posting it.   Roll Eyes   It's "our house" of course...

CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 10:22:55 AM »

I won't be travelling around Europe or the US to catch a show but I'm really disappointed that nothing has been announced. I was patiently waiting but now I'm just giving up on it. I can't understand why you would call it a world tour when it's missing out so many countries. Nor can I understand the tax, olympics, venue excuses. There are plenty of options and most of us are willing to pay good money for these tickets. Won't be holding my breath for good news. Shame.
T2458
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2012, 11:17:32 AM »

Stop bashing the Brits and don't forget the UK includes Northern Ireland 'bout ya' - we English feel an empathy with them all.

As to no English dates - what a mistake that would be.  Is it because the 'Beach Boys' only like playing the awful 'Hammersmith whoever the sponsor is this week' as opposed to Brian's 2nd home - the RFH.

I've been to the Bowl - what a venue! - shame about the sound given that it's open air.  I saw the Beach Boys in Esher a few years ago - too much rain.  I saw them in Hyde Park 2001 when we weren't even allowed to dance in the aisles. Saw them at Hammersmith in 68 but it's gone down hill ever since.

The 50th is the 50th - it would be great to see the individual members all in the same place but I reckon we get more overall by seeing then whenever wherever whatever.

PS - Al Jardine get your bottom over here (It's all bottoms with you Yanks!).
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »

The UK should get a huge show that is used to make a live album.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2012, 01:52:30 PM »

Knebworth and London not enough?

I vote for a 'Live In Utah 4th of July Beach Boys Rave' album. Those Mormons are just going to go crazy for sure! Grin

'Two Girls For Every Boy'  (or Three) is sure to go down well. LOL
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:33:31 PM by Undesirable Element » Logged
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2012, 07:57:09 AM »

They will not fail their British fans, I suspect the tour could have a few more legs given the amount of cash it will certainly guarantee. The BB's want those pounds sterling, so dont worry!  Grin

Doubt it. Very much doubt it, unless something's changed in the last 12 hours. Currently the deal is, no UK shows.

Actually I find this ultra strange and a bit of an insult bearing in mind how Brian has favoured the UK over the US for his PS, Smile and LOS shows - the Royal festival Hall anyone - and of course we Brits got Pet Sounds the first time around - it took the Yanks at least 30 years to catch up

Cheers

Richard
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2012, 07:58:21 AM »

How's it feel to be at the lowest end of the food chain again, Brits?

Ach, we'll just buy the new album, proclaim it a masterpiece, and the Yanks can catch on in about 46 years time…   LOL
Right...all it took was "Barbara Ann" to finally get them into the UK top 5 and with that incredibly tasteful choice you were solidly on board. Roll Eyes

Err Pet Sounds - BWPS, LOS to name a few that the UK got and the US didn't

Cheers

Richard
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2012, 07:58:46 AM »

And thanks for the info guys

Cheers

Richard
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2012, 08:06:53 AM »

Who 'got' what first is entirely besides the point. In that case, America should get them - after all, they 'got' Surfin' first, right? They were with them from the very start. It's a stupid point.

It's so not ideal, and I know that whilst I can shrug off not going to see them now, when everyone is going apesh*t about Bruce's shorts, Al constantly fiddling with his guitar and whyisjeffthereihatehimbecausehesuckerpunchedmymother I'm probably not going to be so chill. But it's not their fault. I blame the Tories. But waving our dicks about which side of the Atlantic has 'the bigger fans' is completely useless.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:10:21 AM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2012, 08:13:56 AM »

Good point HH and completely agree - just pissed off with them for not coming to the UK when I consider we have done a lot for them over 50 years

Cheers

Richard
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2012, 09:15:44 AM »

I've come to accept I won't be seeing them...

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2012, 09:19:20 AM »

The whole "British fans are the real Beach Boys fans because we "got" pet sounds" really annoys me. Roll Eyes  
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:21:27 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2012, 09:32:04 AM »

It's true though

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 09:40:37 AM »

I'm hoping the UK gets shows, but for any faction of fans to claim they are "real" fans is crazy. All fans are equal are in standing, all that matters is we like the group and hope for tours and recorded product.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2012, 09:42:06 AM »

It's true though

No it isn't. I might as well be posting into a void.  Roll Eyes

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2012, 09:56:33 AM »

It's true though

No it isn't. I might as well be posting into a void.  Roll Eyes

I'm joking, I don't buy into that either

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2012, 10:11:20 AM »

Aha, my sense of humour appears to have gone the way of Mike Love's hair  LOL

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx