gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680554 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 04:14:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wilson Phillips "Dedicated"  (Read 6220 times)
ohthosegirls
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2012, 06:02:48 PM »

http://www.wilsonphillipsmusic.com/

God Only Knows & Good Vibrations sound pretty interesting!
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:34:24 PM »

"Good Vibrations" sounded pretty cool, I really dug the acapella arrangement.  The rest sounded nice, albeit a bit by the numbers, but the girls do have a nice natural blend.
ohthosegirls
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 06:27:09 AM »

Yeah. Closest thing to Spring we got probably!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 06:46:37 AM »

no one should complain about auto-tune on the next beach boys record after listening to that  Shocked
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

Help you in whatever you do

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 03:43:21 PM »

Wilson Phillips will be on "The View" wed. the 4th. Anyone gonna watch?

"Give me a break, I'm trying something new." - Brian Wilson
Nicko1234
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »

It would have been difficult for them to have chosen more obvious songs. Must have taken all of 5 minutes to pick those.
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 08:43:37 PM »

I can't figure these girls out... they wrote their own material for the most part for the first 2 cd's and with a good producer they were very successful. Now, they haven't done a original in over 10 years??

and this new CD, I also agree.. the song selection is so uninspired...
 Sad Sad

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 10:53:22 PM »

I'm not sure the world cares that much about getting another Wilson Phillips album. Coming back with an album full of songs everybody knows and loves is a pretty good way to get their name back into the press for something aside from Carnie's weight or Chynna's Dancing With The Stars or Wendy's ultra-crazy shenanigans.

I assume it's just a way to test the waters and see what kind of demand there will be for new material. They're all talented, beautiful women, so hopefully they can find some modicum of success in the new music business economy.

No mas, por favor.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 11:18:52 PM »

no one should complain about auto-tune on the next beach boys record after listening to that  Shocked

I completely agree. So so much autotune.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 05:37:29 AM »

I assume it's just a way to test the waters and see what kind of demand there will be for new material. They're all talented, beautiful women, so hopefully they can find some modicum of success in the new music business economy.

wasn't that the reason the "California" cd was all covers as well??? (that water must be pretty cold  Shocked  )

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »

Wilson Phillips will be on "The View" wed. the 4th. Anyone gonna watch?

Anybody catch this? I just remembered, but when I checked the guide, it was already on.

Also this: http://www.metrolyrics.com/blog/2012/04/04/my-musical-mind-wilson-phillips/

I like the last song Wendy and Carnie listened to.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:05:39 PM by stack-o-tracks » Logged

No mas, por favor.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 03:40:02 PM »

I'm not sure the world cares that much about getting another Wilson Phillips album. Coming back with an album full of songs everybody knows and loves is a pretty good way to get their name back into the press for something aside from Carnie's weight or Chynna's Dancing With The Stars or Wendy's ultra-crazy shenanigans.

Wendy has had ultra-crazy shenanigans? Guess I missed those...

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 03:48:42 PM »

Wendy has had ultra-crazy shenanigans? Guess I missed those...

NAh I was just saying that because I couldn't think of anything she does aside from music that keeps her name in the press. She seems the most reserved of the three.

No mas, por favor.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »

Wilson Phillips performs "God Only Knows" on FOX & friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cky_-R_DaGI

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 07:30:39 PM »

I just watched the third episode of the reality series. Marilyn (and Michelle Phillips) make an appearance, at Marilyn's 64th birthday party. Wendy tells her she looks great for 64, and she's right.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 08:06:43 PM »

I'll unbiasly say that the Wilson girls have the better voices
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 08:16:55 PM »

As usual with them, I just don't feel it. It's sweet that they did a tribute, but without an original twist on the song, why not just listen to the original? I wish they could do a Brian-produced project. Maybe it would have some life to it.
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 07:23:39 AM »

I caught some of their “reality” show on the TV Guide channel and couldn’t believe how ridiculous it was. Wendy and Chyna sound like they are reading off of cue cards. And do I or anyone with any shred of self-respect give two bags of crap about William Baldwin’s vasectomy? Jesus wept.

Some comeback. An album of unimaginative covers. Following up an album of even more covers. What, Chyna couldn’t pen a song about Billy’s vasectomy? 

Sorry.
CarCrazyCutie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 10:23:28 PM »

I've been watching the show (if only for any mention of their dad or uncles & the extremely off chance Brian happens to make an appearance LOL). I like the girls and think they're talented, but was utterly disturbed by the fact that Wendy (who's technically old enough to MY mother) didn't know the words to one of her own dad's most famous songs. Seriously?! My 6 year old cousin even knows all the words to Wouldn't It Be Nice Roll Eyes I love Wendy, but that was pathetic
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 02:28:45 AM »

Played the album last night, while my girlfriend and I were having dinner with the kids.

My habit of buying everything related to the BBs has now got me into trouble.

This was the biggest pile of crap I've heard in a long time.

But a thought springs to mind…

This might not be the re-union cash-in it appears to be.

Perhaps the girls were ordered to put this out by the BBs organisation so that anything offered by the BBs themselves, later, looks like golden genius by comparison.

The girls' disc is uninspired, autotuned to blandness, with tunes a junior trainee Capitol Exec tasked with compiling a BBs' Greatest Hits could have chosen.

It's going to take me a long time to explain to my partner why I have to buy these things. In fact I'm right now seriously doubting my own sanity.

“We live in divisive times.”
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 03:16:55 AM »

This is what I call a review.  Grin Not too suprising, though..
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 03:42:58 AM »

… and who was top of my "People you might know" list on Facebook a minute ago?  Wendy Wilson!  I'll let you know if she responds favourably to my "Friend" request!

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 04:49:30 AM »

Played the album last night, while my girlfriend and I were having dinner with the kids.

My habit of buying everything related to the BBs has now got me into trouble.

This was the biggest pile of crap I've heard in a long time.

But a thought springs to mind…

This might not be the re-union cash-in it appears to be.

Perhaps the girls were ordered to put this out by the BBs organisation so that anything offered by the BBs themselves, later, looks like golden genius by comparison.

The girls' disc is uninspired, autotuned to blandness, with tunes a junior trainee Capitol Exec tasked with compiling a BBs' Greatest Hits could have chosen.

It's going to take me a long time to explain to my partner why I have to buy these things. In fact I'm right now seriously doubting my own sanity.

LOL LOL

If it's taken this long for your partner to question your dubious purchases, you've done very well indeed; I got pulled in for questioning around day 2.  What's your secret?

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 05:29:09 AM »

I usually beat her to the door when the postman comes!  My collection is in my office, which is pretty inaccessible…

Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 05:24:28 AM »

Got A Feelin suits them well, retro to their debut sound. Plus is a song that I'm not familiar with. The remainder of the covers are well done, it's always a pleasure listening to Carnies velvety voice. Good Vibes a capella I was thinking it might sound like the Kings Singers  LOL but actually it's fun.

The girls could have been a little more adventurous and covered Hey Little Tomboy and Just 14. Guess another selection would obviously be Kokomo !

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx