gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:48:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "That's Why God Made The Radio" Single!  (Read 251100 times)
Zargo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 27, 2012, 05:11:20 PM »

Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
 #128 Paid in MP3 Songs
#7 in MP3 Downloads > MP3 Songs > Rock

Tried to purchase... not permitted outside of the US  Roll Eyes

Where are you from ? I purchased mine from amazon.de and will order the CD single on amazon.com

Down under!
BTW, my 9 month old son shares his first name with you (just in case that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling!)
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: April 27, 2012, 05:30:23 PM »

wow! thanks for that. he sounds a million miles away.

Yup, no prob.

Yeah, he's buried there. Really nice vocal. Reminds me of his voice on Kiss Me Baby. Can't wait to hear his vocals on the new album.

Isn't it Mike singing the repeating That's Why God Made in the chorus? He may be processed because he doesn't sound nasal, but it sounds like him otherwise.

Yeah, on the tag definitely. I don't hear him audibly before that break after the bridge, but I'm sure he's buried in there somewhere.

Can anyone confirm who sings "God, radiooooo" at 3:03? I'm wondering if it's David Marks. But it sounds like it could be Al.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 27, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »

I still cannot really hear Mike in here after repeated listens.

He pops out on the right channel on "God Made".

This is OOPS'd so you can hear him better

http://soundcloud.com/smile-a-d/mike

He is being isolated here. Now, go buy the song and listen to it. You will hear this same part after the bridge and drum beat.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bcdam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 27, 2012, 05:53:22 PM »

I still cannot really hear Mike in here after repeated listens.

He pops out on the right channel on "God Made".

This is OOPS'd so you can hear him better

http://soundcloud.com/smile-a-d/mike

He is being isolated here. Now, go buy the song and listen to it. You will hear this same part after the bridge and drum beat.

ahh, yes. already been bought. just surprised at how much pitch correction, reverb and echo they put on him! Still like the track though.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: April 27, 2012, 11:01:01 PM »

I haven't gone through this entire thread, so I hope this hasn't been answered several times already. Does anybody know if the single of TWGMTR  will be issued as a physical cd? I've read a lot about it being released as an mp3, but what about an actual physical disc?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: April 27, 2012, 11:24:18 PM »

I haven't gone through this entire thread, so I hope this hasn't been answered several times already. Does anybody know if the single of TWGMTR  will be issued as a physical cd? I've read a lot about it being released as an mp3, but what about an actual physical disc?

Overseas, yes. In the U.S., seems like no.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 28, 2012, 12:07:07 AM »

Well, that sucks.  Angry

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 28, 2012, 12:21:49 AM »

I'm sure if you asked an overseas comrade to sort you out, said overseas comrade would do so, dependent on said overseas comrade's region attaining said physical release

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 28, 2012, 12:22:35 AM »

Small consolation Jay - the US gets the Beach Boys, playing in your town soon!

“We live in divisive times.”
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1159 on: April 28, 2012, 04:15:15 AM »

While I'm not a big fan of the sound of Foskett's falsetto, it is done here in an absolutely not-annoying way. The result sounds very good.

I think I will try and start "Jeffrey-Foskett-Jeffrey-Foskett" chants during the Berlin concert just to annoy Foskett haters. Cheesy

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 28, 2012, 04:20:56 AM »

I think I will try and start "Jeffrey-Foskett-Jeffrey-Foskett" chants during the Berlin concert just to annoy Foskett haters. Cheesy
Count me in.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1161 on: April 28, 2012, 05:53:47 AM »

#128 Paid in MP3 Songs

Where are you from ? I purchased mine from amazon.de and will order the CD single on amazon.com

Down under!
BTW, my 9 month old son shares his first name with you (just in case that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling!)

It does  Grin

Your son's name is Rocker ? That's my surname.... Wink

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
RCTID
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 28, 2012, 05:55:40 AM »

While I'm not a big fan of the sound of Foskett's falsetto, it is done here in an absolutely not-annoying way. The result sounds very good.

Jeff-rey Fos-kett! ::clap clap clapclapclap::

"you've got the beach boys...your firms got the stones"
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 28, 2012, 06:01:29 AM »

That's how we'll do it. I appoint you musical director of the operation. We should rendezvous before the show, in some pub, and rehearse.

Gotta show the guy some support, even if it's as late as the Berlin gig...  Grin
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 28, 2012, 07:05:18 PM »

This song is incredible.

Such a great and unexpected hook in the chorus ("so tune right in everywhere you go,"). And that outro is classic.

It is such an awesome wall of sound. If the rest of the album sounds like this I think it will be a fantastic treat to us fans. We're lucky this is all happening right now!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Zargo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 29, 2012, 02:49:03 AM »

#128 Paid in MP3 Songs

Down under!

It does  Grin

Your son's name is Rocker ? That's my surname.... Wink

Whoops, got confused with all the different quotes... I must redirect that remark to Mr Eric Aniversario. Rocker would be a brave first name. Better then "rapper", anyway!

Incidentally, I have a friend who had (one is still alive) two cats named Bri (Brian) and Vandy (Van Dykes). He thought it was very clever, and why not?  Cheesy
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 29, 2012, 09:57:55 AM »

Any updates on the Billboard status? I simply don't see it there.  I remain confused about how this song is "doing." My impression is that the concerts and the song and the viewings on youtube and, in short, the entire experience of the BB music and reunion is exceeding all hopes and expectations.  I have been posting on radio stations and amazon and other places, as many of you have, as well, no doubt, to try to drum up support. Will there be some formal announcement that the song is a hit?  Will the album and the Leno/Fallon appearances dramatically popularize the song?

Too many questions. Is someone else trying to do a forensic accounting of the song's status?

Finally, have we determined if any BB, likely Dave, is playing music of TWGMTR? Do you hear the solos he is ripping in concert? He waited 49 years to do that--that's the crowning piece in all this.

Best to all. I feel that we are riding an ever-waxing wave--that something magical is happening with this music returning to consciousness in 2012 culture. Hopeful, yes, deluded, I hope not.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 29, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »

Any updates on the Billboard status? I simply don't see it there.  I remain confused about how this song is "doing." My impression is that the concerts and the song and the viewings on youtube and, in short, the entire experience of the BB music and reunion is exceeding all hopes and expectations.  I have been posting on radio stations and amazon and other places, as many of you have, as well, no doubt, to try to drum up support. Will there be some formal announcement that the song is a hit?  Will the album and the Leno/Fallon appearances dramatically popularize the song?

Too many questions. Is someone else trying to do a forensic accounting of the song's status?

Finally, have we determined if any BB, likely Dave, is playing music of TWGMTR? Do you hear the solos he is ripping in concert? He waited 49 years to do that--that's the crowning piece in all this.

Best to all. I feel that we are riding an ever-waxing wave--that something magical is happening with this music returning to consciousness in 2012 culture. Hopeful, yes, deluded, I hope not.

I was really wondering as well, though I'm as clueless as you are as to how the song is doing.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1168 on: April 30, 2012, 12:17:24 AM »

That's how we'll do it. I appoint you musical director of the operation. We should rendezvous before the show, in some pub, and rehearse.

Gotta show the guy some support, even if it's as late as the Berlin gig...  Grin

Anyone here who could recommend a pub?

It will be a tough thing to do, though, as we're probably not sitting together and have lots of general audience between us, but worth a try.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Sie W
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 30, 2012, 01:09:25 AM »

Count me in.

I would love to know what is on Brian's auto-cue at this point!
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: April 30, 2012, 01:34:12 AM »

I think it says "Just ignore him"

bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 30, 2012, 01:53:02 AM »

this song really is fabulous. figuring out the chord progression has put me even more in awe of its greatness. it's all over the place key-wise... similar to "This Whole World".

damn. just... DAMN.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 30, 2012, 02:01:27 AM »

Count me in.

I would love to know what is on Brian's auto-cue at this point!

It says "There's pie for dinner.".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 30, 2012, 02:07:50 AM »

I thought it said "and for Jeff's next trick he's gonna eat the guitar…"

“We live in divisive times.”
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile