gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:21:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Keep It Clean With Al Jardine" Shirt  (Read 35989 times)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2012, 11:31:01 AM »

I had a photo once of Al wearing the thing onstage, but I can't find it anymore. Google Search also doesn't bring up anything. Does anybody have a legit photo of Al wearing the legendary shirt?

I'm asking because I wanted to (customize and) buy one (online), but I obviously need the original shirt design.
From what I remember it was kind of white/grey and sported the slogan in a fairly simple layout. But I want to be sure.  Smiley
cablegeddon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:35:20 AM »

Oh my god.  Smiley

Brian Wilson fan since august 2011
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:40:25 AM »

Oh my god.  Smiley
Sarcasm/irony? If not: yeah, wanted to wear it to the reunion gig I'm attending. I know, somewhat silly idea.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 11:43:46 AM »

I would love one of those shirts, but I don't think they actually exist outside of a 70's touring beach boys rider :/

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 11:46:29 AM »

I would love one of those shirts, but I don't think they actually exist outside of a 70's touring beach boys rider :/
We would just need a legit photo of back in the day, and then customize it ourselves on one of those t-shirt pages I've heard of.  Cool
Paulos
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »

Ed Roach posted a picture of the shirt in question not so long back, I found the thread it was on but the photo has disappeared for some strange reason.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 12:08:38 PM »

That photo of Al with the "Keep It Clean With Al Jardine" shirt was on Ed Roach's web site, but for some reason the site's down now.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 12:16:46 PM »

count me in for one! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 12:24:33 PM »

You wouldn't rather have Brian's "Help Me Rhonda" shirt from the 70's?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 12:25:37 PM »

I want that too! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 12:36:32 PM »

I want that too! Grin

I have that tshirt!  Grin
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 01:10:28 PM »

I had a photo once of Al wearing the thing onstage, but I can't find it anymore. Google Search also doesn't bring up anything. Does anybody have a legit photo of Al wearing the legendary shirt?

I'm asking because I wanted to (customize and) buy one (online), but I obviously need the original shirt design.
From what I remember it was kind of white/grey and sported the slogan in a fairly simple layout. But I want to be sure.  Smiley

Should be easy to reproduce. From memory it was a basic font, no picture.

Keep It Clean
                                                     with
                                                 Al Jardine

......should do it!
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 01:35:19 PM »

i have a copy of that photo. at work now....when i get home and if it still is needed i will take care of it....

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 01:57:10 PM »

i have a copy of that photo. at work now....when i get home and if it still is needed i will take care of it....
Thanks a million!  Smiley

@Undesirable Element: yeah, that's what it looks like in my mind, but I would want the exact font type et cetera.  Cheesy
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 02:08:25 PM »

Al needs to wear the shirt onstage this year.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 02:18:59 PM »

He can't wait for you to get home, Steve.  He needs it now.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 02:19:37 PM »

Al needs to wear the shirt onstage this year.
That'd be awesome. Unlikely, though.  Undecided They'll go for the 'stylish elder citizens' look they got goin' on. And I dig that look.
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »

Maybe he would put it on if someone gave him that t-shirt during a concert or before :D

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »

Maybe he would put it on if someone gave him that t-shirt during a concert or before :D
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............  Ninja Ninja challenge accepted.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 02:40:32 PM »

Sheriff John Stone! A poster from the distant past! Good to see ya back, man!

meltedwhiskeyinmyhand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 02:45:48 PM »

Someone was selling buttons with that phrase on it on ebay a while ago.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 03:03:25 PM »

I want such a shirt !!!! Plus a "I know Brian's dad"-sticker to come with it ! That would be such great merchandise at the concerts !

There was a picture on http://www.roach-clips.com but that site is down. Maybe Ed would upload it for you

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 03:10:07 PM »

There was a picture on http://www.roach-clips.com but that site is down.

I said that already.

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 10:55:33 PM »

If I had that shirt I'd wear it every day, reunion concert or no.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 12:03:37 AM »

Sheriff John Stone! A poster from the distant past! Good to see ya back, man!

I don't think he's the same "sheriff" you're referring to, Mikie.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx