gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:45:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Misheard Vocals  (Read 82757 times)
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2014, 11:39:44 AM »

What does Carl say in the instrumental break in "Palisades Park"? It's not what the lyrics on surfermoon.com suggest, I take it (though that would be fun).
Not counting obvious "Yeah!", "Oh My God!", I hear it says, "Let's cook us some ... & stand". The missing word sounds like belle ache but not sure. Hope it make sense.

Bellyache?

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2014, 12:35:25 PM »

According to AZ Lyrics http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/beachboys/palisadespark.html, Carl is saying, "Those coconuts are bad in the ass damn."  I'm sure that's it!
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »

I've always heard it as, "Oh my God, it's cooking' so bad I can't stand it!"

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2014, 01:35:44 PM »

Great question. I always thought it was, "Yow...boy and girl...Let's go get some HuhHuh? and dance"

I never figured out what they went and got! I used to think it was "Let's go get some pretty girls and dance" but I'm not sure. Huh
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2014, 02:46:58 PM »

"She kills people, withered hands" from Anna-Lee, the Healer. Creepy song.

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2014, 02:48:31 PM »

I always hear the chorus in Time to Get Alone as
"Away from the people,
The candy ass people"

LOL LOL LOL

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
halblaineisgood
« Reply #231 on: June 17, 2014, 02:57:47 PM »

« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:03:28 PM by Al Jardine: TheDickup Artist » Logged
mysticmoon1993
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 08, 2014, 09:06:45 PM »

"Little two scoop"... obviously I knew it couldn't be, because the lyric is also the title, but I heard it as that.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:46:19 AM by mysticmoon1993 » Logged
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 10, 2014, 01:41:35 AM »

All Summer Long:

"Miniature golf and Hondas in the heat"

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 10, 2014, 02:03:43 AM »

All Summer Long:

"Miniature golf and Hondas in the heat"

wait, isn't it?  Grin
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2014, 02:49:02 AM »

No, really, isn't it?

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 10, 2014, 02:53:13 AM »

I just realized today that it was "hills" which makes more sense  LOL

-Dennis Wilson
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 10, 2014, 03:03:57 AM »

hills rhymes with thrills so I guess this checks out
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 10, 2014, 03:23:29 AM »

I never paid close attention to what Mike was saying for that particular verse Shrug.  a lot of times I don't pay attention to what they're saying because I'm blown away by the harmonies  angel

-Dennis Wilson
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 10, 2014, 04:21:06 AM »

I never paid close attention to what Mike was saying for that particular verse Shrug.  a lot of times I don't pay attention to what they're saying because I'm blown away by the harmonies  angel

I'm the same way - I listen more for the 'feel' of the tune rather than the lyrics - so I think of songs like 'Little Honda (alternate)' and 'Cherry Cherry Coupe' as being sonic masterpieces rather than two great car songs.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 10, 2014, 08:39:23 PM »

In "The Night Was So Young", I everytime hear "please let me come home-ah to you" instead "over". Got used to sing it like that.

Well said, Jess. The Boys are really good at singing, it's impossible to give all the attention to the words. 2 rab2591, the thing about "Cherry Cherry Coupe" is Mike's groovy underneath bass vocal during the harmonies.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 11, 2014, 06:50:37 AM »

As I kid I could never make out what Mike was singing during Shut Down - "Cramin' Junction?"

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: July 11, 2014, 08:07:29 AM »

What I want to know is....in the '70s at the end of "Good Vibrations" Carl would sing something, never could understand the lyrics...what was he singing???

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 11, 2014, 05:45:31 PM »

As I kid I could never make out what Mike was singing during Shut Down - "Cramin' Junction?"

I can't either  LOL

-Dennis Wilson
ivrimark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 07, 2014, 10:43:43 AM »

Time to bump up my favorite thread!  And add my two cents:

Just heard David Cassidy's cover of Darlin', which makes me think the BB intro is "Oh, keep dreamin' of Darlin" which fits with the rest of the lyrics. (Cassidy's intro is actually "keep dreamin' 'bout Darlin")

Previous post: In "Shut Down" Mike is worried because the 413 is "hot with ram induction." No clue what that means but these guys do: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_B_engine

The opening to Help Me Rhonda still gives me trouble.  I think that, ever since she put Al down, he's been "out toolin' in my head."  Toolin' fits well -- my slang dictionary sez: "To drive an automobile, esp. speedily and with confidence or skill."  But "head" isn't a car, it's a guy who likes cars -- "I'm a real cool head."  (Lots of other definitions for "head," but let's keep it clean here.)  So he IS a head, and he's out toolin', or maybe he's toolin' in his imagination.  Dunno.

Got too much time on my hands. . .
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:29:16 PM by ivrimark » Logged
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 13, 2015, 05:39:00 PM »

In I Get Around I always thought it was

Get around round round I get around
From Chinatown
I'm a real cool head
I'm makin' real good friends

I've since found they're singing about hedonistic pursuits.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: February 13, 2015, 06:30:25 PM »

"Little two scoop"... obviously I knew it couldn't be, because the lyric is also the title, but I heard it as that.

When I was out in Winnipeg and 'we' [CFRW] presented the Beach Boys at the old Winnipeg Arena [circa late summer '82] one of the local papers...either the Free Press or The Tribune listed some of the songs the Boys sang in their revue of the concert.  One of 'em?   'Little Two Scoop'.  LOL   I thought THAT was absolutely priceless.  For awhile I called myself 'Little Two Scoop' on the Diamond Headz message board.  Why?  'Cause I think I'm really funny.  [Well...I AM most definitely *my* best audience.]

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: February 14, 2015, 08:01:04 AM »

My #1 all time BB mondegreen is this:

Well since she put me down
There's been owls jumpin' in my bed.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 14, 2015, 12:09:17 PM »

Smell the kitchen now
Hear the maid whistle a tune,
My thoughts are fleeting now

Smell the kitchen now
Hear the maid, with solitude
My thoughts are fleeting now

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 14, 2015, 12:20:43 PM »

Hey, I slayed their heads and stay in their safety zones.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx