gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 02:19:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love on Howard Stern 1992 (audio)  (Read 5576 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 09:34:58 AM »

Hearing in a 1992 interview that Brian had recently received a payment in the neighborhood of 10 million dollars, and that Mike's claim to almost 80 songs which he failed to receive proper credit and compensation for can still feel like a game-changer in the way certain events and parties have been depicted through the years. Honestly, if I knew I had been left off the songwriting credits and the amount was in that area, I'd want what was due. Mike makes a great case here.

I felt the same way when a conversation earlier this year led someone to post either that same number of songs or a list of the songs in question (why the lawsuit was filed), and it kind of changed the perceptions of the case.

As far as the Manson story and Dennis witnessing a man being killed and stuffed down a hole or whatever it was, if this had been the case I'd think Dennis would have at least been called as a witness for one of the trials, and if the body in question was never found (who knows...), someone hearing about this would have opened up a cold case file on a missing person or whatever, etc.

I'm calling bullshit on that claim, unless Dennis was in fact called as an eyewitness to a murder.

Or to put it bluntly - I believe it is a felony which can lead to a serious sentence if someone witnesses a murder firsthand and willingly says nothing about it.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 01:57:13 PM »

AFAIK Dennis was asked by the prosecution about Manson but he said he didn't know anything else than Greg Jacobsen already told them. Maybe Jon Stebbins can shed more light into this one

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 02:29:05 AM »

Plus, this is the first I've heard of his then new son, Brian Love.  Did I get that right that he had Brian with Jackie?  I've not heard anything about him before...

Does anyone know more about this? I noticed Brian is not on AGD's site or on Mike's wiki page.

**Edit, nevermind. It's on AGD's site, born in 1988.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 02:48:56 AM by startBBtoday » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx