gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680781 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 08:16:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Davy Jones dies at 66  (Read 5114 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 09:34:31 PM »

Oh, no..... Cry

Rest In Peace. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ccw2t0FnVk

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 11:25:18 PM »

Gutted, just gutted. How can the eternally young Monkee be gone? I will be listening to the Monkees all day today in tribute.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SG7
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 08:48:39 AM »

He was a class act and had an amazing voice. He was also my first crush ever!! RIP
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »

I wanted to BE Davy Jones as a kid, because he was handsome, good singer, and he always got the girls! RIP Davy Cry
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 01:37:14 PM »

It surprises me how many males have left positive comments on stories about Davy Jones.  So often, teen idols or the "cute ones" in a band aren't liked by guys.  It's a credit to Davy that he was able to transcend that. 
BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »

It surprises me how many males have left positive comments on stories about Davy Jones.   

That's a good point, I for one had great respect and admiration for Davy, he like his three bandmates was a talented artist and he wrote some great songs like You and I, Hard To Believe and others. It's hard to believe young Davy Jones, the youngest of the Monkees is gone.  Cry

"I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy." - Brian Wilson
amonomous
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 04:09:40 PM »

Sad I heard this just as it was breaking on the radio and was shocked.. I knew Peter had been battling some form of cancer (I want to say the tongue, like EVH) and knew the guys were getting up in age but really, Davy?? He seemed the picture of health.. I recall seeing those disturbing tabloid stories about his wife apparently abusing him or something of that nature last I really heard anything about him in the media and even then (with those types of stories they tend to find the most awful sour face photos they can find etc) he looked great. I heard on a more recent report/update that there was a heart problem perhaps.. I apologize if this is really redundant, I haven't had a chance to read the other posts yet.. My 4 year old daughter and I bonded heavily on the Beach Boys and the Monkees (completely naturally, she was exposed to tons of other music, including her mother's completely modern/other taste from dad lol though she dug 60s music also-but she gravitated straight to the same things I loved as a child, it was amazing.. when I picked her up yesterday one of the first things she said was that Davy Jones had died and made a sad face, said they'd talked about it in class (I'd just picked her up from preschool) but assured me that "we can still sing his songs and love him." <3 I had to share that, she truly loves the Monkees (and the Beach Boys and so many other great bands) and appreciates ALL of their eras, their humor, the show, you name it. It just goes to show how wide of an audience this man truly reached. Generations even. RIP Davy, you will be missed.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 10:37:48 PM »

RIP Davy! Time to dig up the Head DVD!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »

I was sad to hear this, I always liked his music.  I actually saw Davy on DR PHIL of all places about a year ago, with his wife. The show was about Husbands and Wives who don't get along because they have different personalities... and basically they were complaining that one of them hangs the towel up and the other doesn't, one leaves a cup on the counter and the other doesn't, etc.

I don't know much about his personal life or anything, but the gist of the show was: they were just doing promo work to promote something or the other, and literally had such a good marriage that the only thing they could find to argue about was the dishes.  They both seemed like very kind and pleasant people, I was happy to see that a musician I had been a casual fan of for so long was such a down to earth person. 

We'll miss you Davy! Thank you for the music!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx