gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:55:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why does Bruce post over at BBB?  (Read 33472 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2014, 10:57:13 PM »

Bruce knows what this board is like: he dips in now and then. I honestly don't think he's that interested in forever raking over the past.

As for anyone "not being able to continue as Beach Boys"...

1 - most importantly, Brian, Alan & David will always be Beach Boys...

2 - the actual mechanics of the C50 agreement have been common knowledge for over a year now: who agreed to what, and for how long.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2014, 11:13:19 PM »

Bruce knows what this board is like: he dips in now and then. I honestly don't think he's that interested in forever raking over the past.

As for anyone "not being able to continue as Beach Boys"...

1 - most importantly, Brian, Alan & David will always be Beach Boys...

2 - the actual mechanics of the C50 agreement have been common knowledge for over a year now: who agreed to what, and for how long.

I totally get what you're saying. And C50 was agreed to for the time it was agreed to. And yeah, Brian and Al always will be official Beach Boys as they are co-owners of BRI and all "Beach Boys" stuff has to go through them, Mike, and Carl's estate. But obviously they wanted to keep on touring/recording/whatever with Mike and Bruce as The Beach Boys. Apparently, as far as public knowledge on the subject goes, Mike declined to keep working with them, and instead chose (and continues to choose) to go out and tour with Bruce (and other no names) as The Beach Boys. Despite whatever the behind the scenes problems there are, Brian, Al and Dave wanted to continue on and Mike and (seemingly) Bruce didn't. Obviously, I'm unsure whether Bruce wanted to continue working with the other guys, but his  giddiness during C50 in announcing that him and Mike would be back to their norm soon seemed to indicate that C50 may have been kinda a pain in the ass for him and Mike, and that they'd be happy when they returned to what they were doing before.

Also, funny that if Bruce isn't interested in "forever raking over the past", he sure knows how to do it night after night on stage, and the fact that instead of offering a new song to The Beach Boys for the latest album, he offered one which was probably about 28 years old at the time.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2014, 11:29:04 PM »

Apparently, as far as public knowledge on the subject goes...

'Xactly: we don't know what really happened, yet.

Nicko1234
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2014, 12:35:00 AM »

Yes, he did. Politely, but firmly.

Thanks for asking Andrew. Greatly appreciated.

However, I get the vibe that he won't come near here because unlike BBB, most of us won't tongue his posterior. Shame though, because even those of us that might have disagreements with him very much respect his contributions to The Beach Boys. And hee was part of the Hoffman board and frankly answered questions, even stuff about how shitty Going Public is.

I suspect that he's staying away from here though because he would have to defend the indefensible position of Brian Wilson and Al Jardine not being able to continue on as Beach Boys. Most likely, Bruce is just fine with not working with Brian and Al, and that touring with Mike is easy.

He didn't post on this board before or during C50 so it can't be just down to that.

You can use the phrase. 'tongue his posterior' to refer to BBB if you like but the truth is that this board features so many petty squabbles that no sane band member would want to contribute.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2014, 12:38:20 AM »

Thanks for asking Andrew. Greatly appreciated.

However, I get the vibe that he won't come near here because unlike BBB, most of us won't tongue his posterior. Shame though, because even those of us that might have disagreements with him very much respect his contributions to The Beach Boys. And hee was part of the Hoffman board and frankly answered questions, even stuff about how shitty Going Public is.

I suspect that he's staying away from here though because he would have to defend the indefensible position of Brian Wilson and Al Jardine not being able to continue on as Beach Boys. Most likely, Bruce is just fine with not working with Brian and Al, and that touring with Mike is easy.

He didn't post on this board before or during C50 so it can't be just down to that.

You can use the phrase. 'tongue his posterior' to refer to BBB if you like but the truth is that this board features so many petty squabbles that no sane band member would want to contribute.

The "petty squabbles" is what sets this board apart from the others, it's part of what makes this one of the best damn forums around!
I think it's all the Bruce bashing on this forum that put him off joining us
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2014, 12:58:03 AM »

Two (or more!) sides to the story always.....this is Bruce (from BBB) on Brian/Al/Dave not being in their live shows video presentation:

Did it ever occur to you that Mike and I were were asked not to include photos of them during our video 'scrapbook' video presentation?

So sad to me....

Bruce Johnston
Montecito
December 12, 2013

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2014, 01:13:25 AM »

And the general response from this site was it was sad and a bit petty. Hey we might knock M&B, but we are in their corner when warranted.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2014, 02:16:39 AM »

Two (or more!) sides to the story always...

Try telling that to a modern day Brianista. There's only ever one side, Brian's, which to them is the unassailable truth.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2014, 02:19:20 AM »

Two (or more!) sides to the story always...

Try telling that to a modern day Brianista. There's only ever one side, Brian's, which to them is the unassailable truth.

Agreed. In that way they're worse than Kokomaoists. Much Worse.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2014, 02:31:18 AM »

Before I get jumped on, I know there are many, many, many Brian Wilson fans who are capable of reasoned discourse and who are able to appreciate the contribution of others without starting to foam at the mouth - pretty much everyone here, as it happens - but unfortunately the subspecies I described below are usually the most vocal: any discussion with them that even hints at Brian possibly not being the best composer, and nicest person, in the entire (and future) history of the cosmos is going to be like discussing evolutionary theory with a Christian Fundamentalist who also happens to be a Creationist. An exercise in pure futility.

I'm a huge, huge Brian Wilson fan - how could I be otherwise - but first and foremost I'm a Beach Boys fan, because he couldn't have done it without them... just as they couldn't without him. The whole is immeasurably greater than the sum of the parts, as C50 conclusively demonstrated.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2014, 02:36:37 AM »

Before I get jumped on, I know there are many, many, many Brian Wilson fans who are capable of reasoned discourse and who are able to appreciate the contribution of others without starting to foam at the mouth - pretty much everyone here, as it happens - but unfortunately the subspecies I described below are usually the most vocal: any discussion with them that even hints at Brian possibly not being the best composer, and nicest person, in the entire (and future) history of the cosmos is going to be like discussing evolutionary theory with a Christian Fundamentalist who also happens to be a Creationist. An exercise in pure futility.

I'm a huge, huge Brian Wilson fan - how could I be otherwise - but first and foremost I'm a Beach Boys fan, because he couldn't have done it without them... just as they couldn't without him. The whole is immeasurably greater than the sum of the parts, as C50 conclusively demonstrated.
Well put. Amen, brother.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2014, 02:38:00 AM »

Well said, AGD! We all have favourite members, but it's all the Beach Boys that make the band what it is/was, and that's Brian, Mike, Dennis, Carl, Bruce, Alan, David, Blondie and Ricky!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2014, 01:32:12 PM »

Darn it, our loss - either way, thank you, AGD, for taking the time to ask.

Really?  You think of it as a loss?  He can post all he wants at BBB and we can still hear what he has to say, without having our lovely board sullied by the, presumed presence, of an actual BEACH BOY
LOL You are correct, of course, they'd spoil all the fun should they come visiting

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
bluesno1fann
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »

Darn it, our loss - either way, thank you, AGD, for taking the time to ask.

Really?  You think of it as a loss?  He can post all he wants at BBB and we can still hear what he has to say, without having our lovely board sullied by the, presumed presence, of an actual BEACH BOY
LOL You are correct, of course, they'd spoil all the fun should they come visiting

You're saying if one of the BB's join up here, we have to be on our best behaviour? No more silly threads or stupid discussions or laugh-out loud ridiculous topics?

This forum will simply not be the same then.

And imagine if Brian decides to join this forum instead of Bruce? The Brianistas will go crazy like little schoolgirls go crazy for 1D  LOL
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:36:36 PM by The Fading Rock Genre Revival » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx