gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 12:40:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why does Bruce post over at BBB?  (Read 33691 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2012, 07:22:30 AM »

How loose?

I think AGD is saying that Bruce doesn't post here, Ed.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2012, 09:43:34 AM »

Remember that time Michael Vosse posted here and it all went sideways? Good times. Bruce can def handle himself on the BB boards.

OT: Where was "I Only Have Eyes For You" recorded. It has a lot to do with that studio's echo chamber wouldn't you say.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:13 AM »

"I Only Have Eyes For You" -  I adore that recording...

OT: Where was "I Only Have Eyes For You" recorded. It has a lot to do with that studio's echo chamber wouldn't you say.

Click for source:

But by October 1958, with some money to spend on instrumentation and a good echo chamber available for recording, Goldner brought The Flamingos in for another studio session to record what would become the album, Flamingo Serenade.  Terry Johnson and Paul Wilson were recorded as lead singers on three of the 12 songs selected for the album.  Nate Nelson was in the lead for some of the album’s songs as well, including most notably, “I Only Have Eyes for You.”

Doesn't reveal the studio, though...
T2458
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2012, 09:59:40 AM »

I reckon Bruce doesn't post here because too many people would disagree with his recollections of how it actually was.

Anyway how could anyone disagree with the one Beach Boy who says Pet Sounds shouldn't have had 'Sloop John B' on it!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »

I was just being obtoose.

He played on At Garfunkel''s Breakaway album which featured a great version of I Only Have Eyes For You (not to mention a pretty good version of Disney Girls).  Don't think he played on the track, however, and I'm too lazy to look it up.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2012, 11:44:14 AM »

Bruce showed up on another board too - was that Male Ego? - around 2005(?) I can't remember. Anyway, he had a week where he started posting and went into his influences, among them "I Only Have Eyes For You" by the Flamingos which is one of the most beautiful and haunting records ever made...I'll never get over how they got those sounds...and arranger Nelson Riddle.

Love that. It is so gorgeously atmospheric.

It's a record that you can't shake off or forget, you hear it and you just get lost in the sounds. I can't explain what it is, how they did it, etc etc...it leaves you speechless once you've connected with that record. Incredible. I wasn't surprised to hear it was a favorite of Bruce's, it was really neat to hear him mention it, though.

I'm a big fan of those "Desert Island Discs" interviews as they reveal a lot about the artists,  and I'd love to hear one of those lists from each of the Beach Boys. Although we can guess Brian's top choices...Be My Baby, Rhapsody In Blue, etc... Smiley

Oh YEAH.  Count me among the admirers of this disc.  Thanks, guys, for making me think about this record again...
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2012, 11:45:19 AM »

I was just being obtoose.

He played on At Garfunkel''s Breakaway album which featured a great version of I Only Have Eyes For You (not to mention a pretty good version of Disney Girls).  Don't think he played on the track, however, and I'm too lazy to look it up.

I thought he played the Rhodes on that?  It's a damn good record, for sure.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2012, 11:04:54 PM »

I reckon Bruce doesn't post here because too many people would disagree with his recollections of how it actually was.

Anyway how could anyone disagree with the one Beach Boy who says Pet Sounds shouldn't have had 'Sloop John B' on it!

Don't you suppose he knows more about it than you do?  He was there; he sang on that particular song, for instance.  When was the last time you and Brian Wilson went and had a steak together?  Bruce and Brian are probably out bowling together right now.

Bruce probably posts on BBB because he's old and set in his ways, and that's the board he's signed up to and can remember the password to.  Nothing more, nothing less.

The rough and tough atmosphere here or anywhere else wouldn't keep him away, you think he hasn't heard it all before?  Do you honestly think you guys are the first to make fun of his white shorts?  His hot-ass girlfriends probably never made fun of them.  He probably comforts himself from all the hatred with

A. his beautiful wife
B. his beautiful family
C. his beautiful bank account
D. his beautiful music
E. his beautiful talent
F. his beautiful life
G. his beautiful fans

It's delusional and narcissistic to think that this message board is too 'tough' for someone like him to handle. 
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2012, 12:36:27 AM »

It's delusional and narcissistic to think that this message board is too 'tough' for someone like him to handle. 

It is, however, entirely reasonable for him to think that a room full of bitchiness just isn't worth engaging with...

Regards,
Jon Blum
T2458
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2012, 01:49:16 AM »

Don't you suppose he knows more about it than you do?  He was there; he sang on that particular song, for instance.  When was the last time you and Brian Wilson went and had a steak together?  Bruce and Brian are probably out bowling together right now.

Bruce probably posts on BBB because he's old and set in his ways, and that's the board he's signed up to and can remember the password to.  Nothing more, nothing less.

The rough and tough atmosphere here or anywhere else wouldn't keep him away, you think he hasn't heard it all before?  Do you honestly think you guys are the first to make fun of his white shorts?  His hot-ass girlfriends probably never made fun of them.  He probably comforts himself from all the hatred with

A. his beautiful wife
B. his beautiful family
D. his beautiful music
E. his beautiful talent
F. his beautiful life
G. his beautiful fans

Bruce is on record saying that 'Sloop John B' is a great song but shouldn't have been on Pet Sounds. That is an example of where he's prepared to say what he thinks without falling out with anyone else in the band.

I posted a message that says that Bruce tells it like it was and that's why BBB members enjoy his posts on their board.  Equally they like to ask sensible polite questions. At times this board has too many rude responders who also seem unable to read properly.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2012, 07:36:52 AM »

A. his beautiful wife
B. his beautiful family
D. his beautiful music
E. his beautiful talent
F. his beautiful life
G. his beautiful fans

Bruce is on record saying that 'Sloop John B' is a great song but shouldn't have been on Pet Sounds. That is an example of where he's prepared to say what he thinks without falling out with anyone else in the band.

I posted a message that says that Bruce tells it like it was and that's why BBB members enjoy his posts on their board.  Equally they like to ask sensible polite questions. At times this board has too many rude responders who also seem unable to read properly.
So true. And, I'll admit with so much to read here that I've mis-read a post or two or three. Yes, if anything would keep them away from here, ir would be the rudeness, for sure.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2012, 12:30:15 PM »

To understand what the real fan has to say, this is THE only site and for that reason I have always been of the opinion that Bruce at the very least reads this board.

As many of you guys have bet your testicles and lost on this board, I'll wager mine that he also posts. Tongue

You loose.  Grin

Ok. I'll join the long line of eunuchs here. Grin
bluesno1fann
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2014, 11:39:42 PM »

I'd love it if Bruce (or any BB's) would post here!

But I can see why he's not. The things people say about him around here is quite disgusting, and I don't think he would want anything to do with this forum.

Maybe if we clean up our act, stop with the Bruce bashing (Why did it even start? I certainly never found it funny...), he might consider joining this forum.

BTW, is anyone also a member of the BBB forum? If someone is, it would be great to send Bruce a PM requesting him to check out this forum!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2014, 12:57:27 AM »

Bruce is well aware of this forum, as he is the Bloo, the Hoff and the sadly few other BB fora. Now OSD is history, maybe he'll consider posting. Maybe not. I have no idea.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2014, 03:02:02 AM »

Speaking of rough and tumble, was it really Bruce posting to the old Male Ego board?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2014, 06:45:36 AM »

Yes, it was. Junk emailed me, saying there was some guy claiming to be Bruce who wanted to register and before he told him to go f*** himself, he thought he'd check with me to see if it was. Asked him for the email then told him he could tell the guy to GFH but, as it really was Bruce, maybe he shouldn't. Junk told me later that was the moment when he fully understood the phrase "my blood ran cold".

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2014, 06:51:26 AM »

I forgot all about that.  Man I miss the Male Ego board.  Mike's daughter used to post there too.  Dunno why those people would subject themselves to that board.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2014, 10:08:19 AM »

I participated in the discussion with Bruce a few years ago on Steve Hoffman's board. He was indeed very engaging and answered my questions about the early version of Tears in the Morning. He also agreed with the feelings on that board about the deficiencies of his solo album.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »

I think it would be an honour for any of The Beach Boys to post on this board. 

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2014, 12:03:09 PM »

I am grateful that this thread exists because I just now for the first time heard this beautiful recording by the Flamingos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvzNeh4Mq1o

Not sure how I missed it all these years. Gorgeous.

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2014, 12:38:08 PM »

Perhaps he's aware of the two or three bi-polar wankeurs who post here and reduce threads to pissing competitions

Not-so-Smilin Ed H

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2014, 01:40:18 AM »

Nobody seems to post on BBB anymore. Sad
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2014, 01:46:15 AM »

Nobody seems to post on BBB anymore. Sad
That's a good sign. It can't & won't top the Smiley Smile board. I thought it's a well-known fact by now. So remove the sad smiley, it's unnecessary.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:47:57 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2014, 02:56:08 AM »

The BBB interface is disgusting. I can't stand it, so I only ever go over there to see what Bruce has been posting.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2014, 03:08:16 AM »

The BBB interface is disgusting. I can't stand it.
Those were my thoughts exactly. The design of this one board is more stylish. No wonder every BB celebrity got over here, eventually or gradually.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx