gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:25:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why does Bruce post over at BBB?  (Read 33476 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2012, 06:27:10 AM »

Does he know about this board, it's much more popular and more active..

It would be incredible if he popped in now and then

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Paulos
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 06:39:20 AM »

Does he know about this board, it's much more popular and more active..

It would be incredible if he popped in now and then

Perhaps he's seen the 'Would You Share A Bath With Bruce' and 'Are There Any Photos oF Bruce With A Moustache' threads and was put off...
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 06:44:25 AM »

Perhaps he's aware of the two or three bi-polar wankeurs who post here and reduce threads to pissing competitions
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 06:46:49 AM »

Both great points, perhaps he should stay away  LOL

Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 06:53:09 AM »

I don't think he will register to post. That's the reason, I believe. Although I think the BBB board is register-only (?).

I don't think forum bullying is a problem for him. He used to pop in the Male Ego board regularly, which used to be a place for the tough. He took a few punches but delivered them like crazy when needed.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 06:55:54 AM »

You can't even register at BBB, I tired....Just to tell him about this place  Grin

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 07:34:12 AM »

Maybe has something to do with Management over at BBB. That wouldn't explain Male Ego though...if it was Bruce at Male Ego.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 07:46:14 AM »

IMO he's probably made the decision to post on just the one board due to constraints on his time and other commitments and chose BBB. Quite enlightening to read Bruce's take on things, but I wish he posted on here instead of there.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 08:26:03 AM »

1. Because everyone at BBB always kiss Bruce's white ass.
2. What Smilin' Ed said.

Bruce Johnston
Surf's up in Montecito
February 25, 2012

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 08:29:13 AM »

I think Cam's right - pretty sure it was Bruce back on Male Ego, but if I recall there was always some jerk or another took a pop, or a side swipe, and made it unpleasant. BBB might be quiet but it tends to be a devoted, respectful place; sh*t still happens like it does anywhere on the interweb, just less so there…

Oh, and it's policed by A Genial Dedicated soul who won't stand for some of the sh*t other boards put up with. If I was Bruce (and I'm not saying I am) I'd post there.

“We live in divisive times.”
Jason
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 08:35:17 AM »

Male Ego separated the men from the boys.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 08:53:28 AM »

2. What Smilin' Ed said.

Bruce Johnston
Surf's up in Montecito
February 25, 2012

Sure 'nuff. And if you're into flowers, it's a great place to grow pansies. Wink
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 08:58:15 AM »

Sad to say, but I completely understand why none of the band members post here. I have nothing to do with the band, and I am often offended by some of the opinions expressed in here. It is not just a question of being critical of the work. Often times it is just being rude and disrespectful while hiding behind the Internet to do so. Even the arguments that breakout between members in here would never become as heated were they to argue face to face. These boards are much like sports talk radio. The biggest station in Philadelphia is so critical of the sports franchises here, that the very players and coaches who are talked about rarely, if ever come on and do interviews with the show hosts.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 09:28:30 AM »

no. People are polite to Bruce there (generally speaking) because he posts there in the first place. He's been postin at BBB long before some of the most opinionated people here heard Pet Sounds for the first time.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 09:49:18 AM »

Sad to say, but I completely understand why none of the band members post here.

I do too, but on the other hand this would be a boring board if the band(s) weren't "critiqued" objectively here. I didn't contribute to the anti-Foskett thread as I thought posters here were getting too personal and actually he's a good guy. Totten has posted here on and off and I think for the most part he got accolades, which he deserves. Matt Jardine posted here a coupla times and I wonder what he thinks when his Dad is joked about. But sometimes I cringe at some of the posts here and am not surprised why band members don't sign on here. Again, these guys are not immune, they're professional musicians and celebrities and it would be somewhat boring to come here and always read, "Oh, Bruce you were great last night. How's your Volvo running? How's the surf in Santa Barbara?" Even though for the most part all he does is walk across the stage in his white shorts smiling and clapping and waving and ocassionally singing a gem or two like Disney Girls.....

And by the way, what happened to Bruce. Didn't he say a couple of years ago that if/when there's a Beach Boys reunion that he'd sit about five rows back in the audience and watch the concert as a fan? Money talks, eh Bruce? Gotta put that last son through college! How's Oprah?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
OGoldin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 09:53:40 AM »

"And by the way, what happened to Bruce. Didn't he say a couple of years ago that if/when there's a Beach Boys reunion that he'd sit about five rows back in the audience and watch the concert as a fan? Money talks, eh Bruce? Gotta put that last son through college! How's Oprah?"

I take it that he was being careful not to invite himself to the party.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 09:56:31 AM »

no. People are polite to Bruce there (generally speaking) because he posts there in the first place. He's been postin at BBB long before some of the most opinionated people here heard Pet Sounds for the first time.
I do think Mikie has a point, he posts there because its a friendly environment. First off, the English or UK fans, in general, think of Bruce in more "original" status terms than many veteran US fans because he was in the Beach Boys when they became popular in the UK...here they were popular for years before Bruce was a member. And since Bruce basically introduced the UK to Pet Sounds he has tremendous respect and cache there. The BBB has a core of people who post there who are pals with Bruce, and even AGD is probably closer to Bruce than any of the other boys. Elements of this board, on the other hand, can be highly critical of Bruce...and in general of all of the boys. This board can be pretty nasty at times, but I would also say its the most honest, and certainly the most knowledgable of any of the Beach Boys boards. I think all the Beach Boys, or their wives, read this board. The fact that they don't participate is probably down to the unpredictable and exposed quality that reigns free here. That said, I do think Bruce posted here at least once a few years ago. He is def the most directly engaging of any of the BB's in an online sense. That may also be because he's the most confident at handling an open forum.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:57:09 AM by Jon Stebbins » Logged
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »

I do think Mikie has a point, he posts there because its a friendly environment. First off, the English or UK fans, in general, think of Bruce in more "original" status terms than many veteran US fans because he was in the Beach Boys when they became popular in the UK...here they were popular for years before Bruce was a member. And since Bruce basically introduced the UK to Pet Sounds he has tremendous respect and cache there. The BBB has a core of people who post there who are pals with Bruce, and even AGD is probably closer to Bruce than any of the other boys. Elements of this board, on the other hand, can be highly critical of Bruce...and in general of all of the boys. This board can be pretty nasty at times, but I would also say its the most honest, and certainly the most knowledgable of any of the Beach Boys boards. I think all the Beach Boys, or their wives, read this board. The fact that they don't participate is probably down to the unpredictable and exposed quality that reigns free here. That said, I do think Bruce posted here at least once a few years ago. He is def the most directly engaging of any of the BB's in an online sense. That may also because he's the most confident at handling an open forum.

Agreed. What I meant was that Bruce was a crucial factor in building that environment of calmness and respect at BBB. He's been a regular contributor for over a decade now.

BTW, I think the world beheld the uncovering of "someone who would know" Grin

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 10:45:21 AM »

So can anyone explain Male Ego if he was looking for asskissers? Right now fans at BBB are busting his chops 'cuz he didn't kiss their ass enough.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 10:51:46 AM »

I've been on a band board before where people from the inner circle got involved, and it ended up turning the board into a completely repressed circle jerk of fake, rah-rah positivity, and where any remotely critical viewpoint or lack of deference got shouted down by the people trying to curry favor with the insiders tossing them breadcrumbs of "access".  Ultimately I much prefer the woolier, less stifling atmosphere we have here.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »

Mikie, if the music and personal stuff was critiqued objectively, I doubt that would affect whether or not they would visit the board. Actually, it is the subjectivity that gets in the way. I mean, this place is a in your face opinion board. It is all the personal smack that goes on here that keeps them away. Brian seems to be about the only one that people lighten up on, though at times his personal situations get tossed around here worse than dirty laundry. Jon's reason for them not participating is dead on correct. There is a lot of written (verbal) abuse that transpires here for band members and for some of the supporting guys like Jeff Foskett. These are just different times, I suppose, and anything goes.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:06:01 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »

Better to reign in hell (smiley smile) Evil, than serve in Heaven(BBB) angel

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 11:09:04 AM »

So can anyone explain Male Ego if he was looking for asskissers? Right now fans at BBB are busting his chops 'cuz he didn't kiss their ass enough.

I think he posted there for the sake of it. He took some beating as you may remember. But backfired promptly.

myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 11:31:58 AM »

If I were in Bruce's position, I wouldn't exactly be jumping out of my chair to join a message board where members claim that they use some of his solo records to spiral slice ham..
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 11:54:12 AM »

Agreed. What I meant was that Bruce was a crucial factor in building that environment of calmness and respect at BBB. He's been a regular contributor for over a decade now.

BTW, I think the world beheld the uncovering of "someone who would know" Grin

Nope - that would be "someone else who would know".  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:56:41 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx