-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:59:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Does anyone own an ipod on here?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does anyone own an ipod on here?  (Read 3732 times)
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:48:17 PM »

i have a question  Huh
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:36:04 PM »

?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:46:11 PM »

?
do you own a ipod?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:28:06 PM »

No. Get a Cowon i9 mp3 player instead. You won't regret it. Cool

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 03:30:39 AM »

Fool. iPods are amazing. What's up newguy?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 04:34:45 AM »

Fool. iPods are amazing. What's up newguy?
well i'm planning on getting an ipod but the problem is i have my music in chronological order and when it comes to songs on ipod everything is in abc order :/ is there anyway i can change the info and have them in chronological order on the ipod?
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 04:46:07 AM »

It can do it by year, but that's about it. Also a pain is that CDs often say the year of the issue as opposed to the year of recording or release - for instance, my Pet Sounds comes up as 1996 on my iTunes. My first instinct would be to say 'deal with it', as you're going to be on the go after all and not wanting to be faffing about with years, just artists.

One annoying way to do it would be to edit the year or whatever into the artist name, I suppose. But that would be hella time consuming.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 07:51:31 AM »

The ipod will copy music from your library in the order you have it sorted in itunes. So if your Music library is sorted by year when you sync your ipod, it will be displayed on your ipod according to the year. Simples.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 11:10:20 AM »

It can do it by year, but that's about it. Also a pain is that CDs often say the year of the issue as opposed to the year of recording or release - for instance, my Pet Sounds comes up as 1996 on my iTunes. My first instinct would be to say 'deal with it', as you're going to be on the go after all and not wanting to be faffing about with years, just artists.

One annoying way to do it would be to edit the year or whatever into the artist name, I suppose. But that would be hella time consuming.
so i would have to change the album and artist name on itunes and put it in order one by one? if i want it to be in chronological order?
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »

The ipod will copy music from your library in the order you have it sorted in itunes. So if your Music library is sorted by year when you sync your ipod, it will be displayed on your ipod according to the year. Simples.
i don't have it by year i just have the songs in order from the first song they did to the last song...but i know ipod is abc order :/
what do i do?
Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 11:18:01 AM »

In iTunes, make a smart playlist and configure it to automatically update with all your songs. Sort the playlist by chronological order, sync the playlist to your iPod, and your iPod will comply with the sorting.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »

In iTunes, make a smart playlist and configure it to automatically update with all your songs. Sort the playlist by chronological order, sync the playlist to your iPod, and your iPod will comply with the sorting.
how do i make a smart p[laylist? and if i do all the songs in the order i have them in itunes will come out the same way on the ipod?
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 01:01:22 PM »

i don't have it by year i just have the songs in order from the first song they did to the last song...but i know ipod is abc order :/
what do i do?

Do you not know how to sort files in iTunes?
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 01:38:45 PM »

what do i do?

i usually click on get info and change the name of the song,the album and the artist Smiley
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 01:40:33 PM »

what do i do?

i usually click on get info and change the name of the song,the album and the artist Smiley

Why would you change the name of a song/album/artist to run a sort?

You know what? Just nevermind.  LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: