gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:48:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love's Celebration band & album(s)  (Read 28485 times)
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2015, 02:40:03 PM »

OSD needs an avatar... Grin

Roger that, SB. This could be interesting! If interested, anyone can play. And as a disclaimer, any and all entries will be viewed for consideration whether it be endearing or insulting because I can take it. There will be absolutely no retribution and to show my appreciation for coming up with the best avatar, I promise to send you a prize for your time. But, it's not just any prize to be sure! I will send to you via regular mail, an original cassette of ROCK AND ROLL CITY in very good condition. Hear myKe and Dean slay hits like Wild Thing, 96 Tears, Sugar Shack, Da Doo Ron Ron, Baby Talk with myKe luHv bleating his very best on those and others. Why, you'll be the envy of your record collecting crowd and they'll think you're the coolest guy on the block!! Don't wait, start on my avatar TODAY and claim your well earned prize.   w00t! w00t! w00t!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 02:42:05 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2015, 03:34:15 PM »

OSD needs an avatar... Grin

Roger that, SB. This could be interesting! If interested, anyone can play. And as a disclaimer, any and all entries will be viewed for consideration whether it be endearing or insulting because I can take it. There will be absolutely no retribution and to show my appreciation for coming up with the best avatar, I promise to send you a prize for your time. But, it's not just any prize to be sure! I will send to you via regular mail, an original cassette of ROCK AND ROLL CITY in very good condition. Hear myKe and Dean slay hits like Wild Thing, 96 Tears, Sugar Shack, Da Doo Ron Ron, Baby Talk with myKe luHv bleating his very best on those and others. Why, you'll be the envy of your record collecting crowd and they'll think you're the coolest guy on the block!! Don't wait, start on my avatar TODAY and claim your well earned prize.   w00t! w00t! w00t!

That might be better than some of my John & Yoko cds...
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2015, 09:04:38 AM »

Nobody wants to play the OSD avatar challenge? Undecided

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2015, 09:19:28 AM »

Nobody answered because nobody cares.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2015, 09:34:52 AM »

Well I care..... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:36:08 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2015, 09:44:05 AM »

You're a one-man cheerleading squad. Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2015, 10:01:34 AM »

Well you are one for the lovester. Evil

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2015, 08:53:53 PM »

Well you are one for the lovester. Evil

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2016, 09:05:33 PM »

'any on, some confusion being sowed... Aren't we talking Disco Celebration (1979, ADC Records LS-4052) as being the valuable rarity, not the original synonymous Celebration LP?
There's some question as to whether Disco Celebration was actually released, but that's much rarer then Celebration. It's also considerably worse than any LP you've ever heard.

Ahh you're all full of bunk. Of course it was released. I've got it. Took seemingly forever to find!  It was on a small label, nobody wanted it and most of them  that didn't get recycled are sitting in a warehouse somewhere( I think in Paraguay with the Honeys Box Set )  waiting for the REAL Disco resurgence. But I don't want everyone here to have to take AGD's word for the sound, so open your hearts to Mike Love: 

Here's the back cover: 

And you can get side 1 here:            http://www.sendspace.com/file/vy721v   

And Side 2 here:        http://www.sendspace.com/file/btmz0x

Oh man it seems the links don't work any longer! I cant find these songs anywhere
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2018, 09:19:30 AM »

There's some question as to whether Disco Celebration was actually released, but that's much rarer then Celebration. It's also considerably worse than any LP you've ever heard.

Ahh you're all full of bunk. Of course it was released. I've got it. Took seemingly forever to find!  It was on a small label, nobody wanted it and most of them  that didn't get recycled are sitting in a warehouse somewhere( I think in Paraguay with the Honeys Box Set )  waiting for the REAL Disco resurgence.

Not arguing it was pressed up and shrinkwrapped, but when I spoke with Ron last century he told me it never got past that stage and that all the albums were bought by a credit card company to give away as a freebie. Apparently they never did.

Fascinating twist I just learned today: Apparently Disco Celebration was licensed for distribution in Mexico: https://www.discogs.com/Celebration-Disco-Celebration/release/11800744.

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx