gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 09:23:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MIU .. wow underrated album  (Read 13118 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2012, 02:41:06 PM »

This is kind of lukewarm album for me. Don't understand all the fuss about "My Diane", but at least it's way better than "She's Got Rhythm" - Brian screeching ...yikes! Or "Tomboy" - this track would never get released today! "Kona Coast" is fun, though, nice tune, "Sunday Kind of Love" - well, anything Carl sings I love. That's what's wrong with this album, not enough Carl...but I guess this was during his cocaine period. The album definately sounds more polished and commercial that the two before it, but I can't rate it any higher than a 2 1/2. This was also the era of bad album titles. MIU Album? LA (Light Album)?
SBonilla
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2012, 03:16:18 PM »

This is kind of lukewarm album for me. Don't understand all the fuss about "My Diane", but at least it's way better than "She's Got Rhythm" - Brian screeching ...yikes! Or "Tomboy" - this track would never get released today! "Kona Coast" is fun, though, nice tune, "Sunday Kind of Love" - well, anything Carl sings I love. That's what's wrong with this album, not enough Carl...but I guess this was during his cocaine period. The album definately sounds more polished and commercial that the two before it, but I can't rate it any higher than a 2 1/2. This was also the era of bad album titles. MIU Album? LA (Light Album)?
Except for My Diane, MIU does nothing for me. I gave the LP some listens when it came out; we just didn't hit it off. I consider My Diane to be a legitimate child of Love You in MIU's custody.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »

Sweet Sunday Kinda Love is a minor gem, but the rest of the album I can leave. I prefer the earlier version of My Diane without the gloopy strings.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx