gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 04:10:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Meet And Greets?  (Read 11569 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2012, 09:34:12 AM »

Brian actually looks better now, at least going by his appearance at the Grammys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KiptyKbTUY&list=FLdmS9B6Qr3lJwYZdQEj5QtQ&index=4&feature=plpp_video

Speaking of which, I've been watching this video of Brian performing in Toronto last year and I was struck just how calm and comfortable he seemed to be.  I saw him a few months later in Southern California and don't recall him being this loose.  Here, he's actively playing piano, really comfortable singing and he flashes us what seems to be a real genuine smile at 1:50...it's acutally a priceless moment.  It makes me think that Brian still has days when it goes up and down for him...some great..some not so great.  Still though, it's really great that he can experience some good days. 
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »

I just got Ultimate VIP tickets for the show in Detroit on June 30th.  The cost was only $400 per ticket.  It looks like they've lowered the VIP package prices at several of the venues.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2012, 07:47:36 AM »

I just got Ultimate VIP tickets for the show in Detroit on June 30th.  The cost was only $400 per ticket.  It looks like they've lowered the VIP package prices at several of the venues.

I'm assuming the market helped make that decision, especially if the VIP packages aren't selling up to expectations. I thought the original prices listed were a bit steep even for a deluxe ticket.

Congratulations on getting to meet the band, too! I'm curious about the details of this package as they develop, so keep us posted.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
shadownoze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 08:10:40 AM »

I just picked up a VIP package for the April 26th show outside of Dallas. I had to choose between that one and a Houston date in June, but decided to go with this one because it's only the second date of the tour and therefore is more likely to be a bit more experimental than later shows. I was glad to see prices go down from the initial ones offered...although I would probably have paid it anyway. I figure this may be the last roundup, so I'm willing to splurge to be on the front row and meet the band, although I've met Bruce, Al, Dennis and Carl. Just two months to wait!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2012, 10:23:48 AM »

I just got the lowest VIP for Houston. Only 50 more a ticket, seems fine to me.
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2012, 10:59:59 AM »

The meet and greet package also only seem to state a personal photograph with The Beach Boys, so I'm assuming they won't do autographs?
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2012, 11:29:34 AM »

The meet and greet package also only seem to state a personal photograph with The Beach Boys, so I'm assuming they won't do autographs?

Although having an autograph written just for you is great, I think interaction and a photo with someone is better. You can look at a signature fondly but for me looking at a picture of me with the person brings back memories and actually shows your paths crossed at some point. So many people look to get signatures to sell them on, but a photograph is personal.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx