gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:31:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ANNOUNCING! SMiLE 1967 Mix by soniclovenoize  (Read 24061 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2019, 07:03:10 AM »

Who was present on the "psyche sounds"?
BW, VDP, David Anderle, Michael Vosse, Jules Siegel, Danny Hutton, Arnie Geller and Bob.
Is that Bob Gordon of “Bob Gordon’s Real Trip”?

Yes.

But I do not recall hearing Arnie's voice at all on those particular tapes unless you're referring to the "Lifeboat" tape, which is separate.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
soniclovenoize
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2019, 06:01:49 PM »

Who was present on the "psyche sounds"?
BW, VDP, David Anderle, Michael Vosse, Jules Siegel, Danny Hutton, Arnie Geller and Bob.
Is that Bob Gordon of “Bob Gordon’s Real Trip”?

Yes.

But I do not recall hearing Arnie's voice at all on those particular tapes unless you're referring to the "Lifeboat" tape, which is separate.
Just going by what it listed in the SMiLE Sessions book. 

saborlord123
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2021, 07:45:15 AM »

Wow, sure has been a long while, hasn't it? 

Recently a number of people have been hounding me about updating my SMiLE mix, the last one being five years ago.  So I finally did:
https://albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-beach-boys-smile-upgrade.html

This time I've made it a three-disc set...

Disc 1 is my reconstruction proper-  SMiLE '67, which attempt to reconstruct the album as it could have been in 1967.  Included is both mono and stereo versions.  Notable updates include:
- Child following BW's 3-minute edit
- remix of Cabin Essence and OMP
- completely new edit of The Elements, meant as it's own self-contained suite, which does not need to "borrow" element from "Wind Chimes" or "Vege-Tables", etc.

Disc 2 contains an update of my stereo SMiLE reconstruction that follows the 2004 BWPS tracklist as close as possible.  As a bonus, it also has my remaster of a reconstruction of BW's 1966 December Comp Reel, and also his April Assembly of "Vege-Tables" tagged on the end.  I felt cleaned up versions of these were a historical necessity, not found on recent official releases (Brian's three--minute Child edit was supposed to be included, but I had to scrap it because of Wake The World lol). 

Disc 3 is called Behind The SMiLE, and is meant as an audio documentary for the making of the album.  Ive made an hour of custom edits and reconstructions, alternate versions, etc.  My favorites include three completely different alternate versions of "Good Vibrations", each using different modulations, which represents the progress of the song over time (which includes a new sync of the vocal and backing track of the March/Pet Sounds version).  I've also done that for "Heroes and Villains", making four different versions, each representing how the song sounded in November, January, late February and March.  Also has what I call a "chronological reconstruction", which assembles the segments in chronological order, so within the span of one listen, you can hear BW's thought process of how the song should go. 

Enjoy!
Great mix Sonic! My only question is this: why are the "wah wah oh wah" vocals on the mono mix of the elements (love to say dada) and not the stereo mix? Was this an accident, or intentional?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx