gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:55:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 27: Bonnaroo Festival - Manchester, TN 6/10/12  (Read 72891 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 10, 2012, 02:41:01 PM »

Thanks Zach!  Twas fun..reminded me of the first gig of the tour, same excitement!

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 10, 2012, 02:42:21 PM »

So did they really do that Arcade Fire song?

I'm going to say no.  No doubt it was a random comment from someone at the show (or maybe not at the show) who didn't know what was being played and/or drunk.  No doubt it was a standard BB show.  Had they covered it...Twitter would've exploded with comments from everyone.  It was just one guy who posted it so...probably didn't happen.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2012, 02:43:39 PM »

Sail On Sailor "Sail on Sailor? If.thata the name, it was sick"
Sloop John B
Wouldn't It Be Nice
California Girls
Good Vibrations
Help Me Rhonda "f*ck anyone who gives the beach boys a less than honorable review. Killing it. Now Help me Rhonda"
Rock and Roll Music
Surfin' USA

Justin - I love your passion for the music! 

Bravo!  Wink
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 10, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »

Partial Setlist:

?
?
Why Do Fools,
Don't Worry Baby,
Little Deuce Coupe
TWGMTR
?
?
Sloop John B
Wouldn't It Be Nice
California Girls
Good Vibrations
Help Me Rhonda "f*ck anyone who gives the beach boys a less than honorable review. Killing it. Now Help me Rhonda"
Rock and Roll Music
Surfin' USA
Kokomo
Barbara Ann
Fun, Fun, Fun
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 10, 2012, 02:46:15 PM »

Brian Wilson turning and smiling at the audience during God Only Knows... One of the best moments of my #bonnaroo
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2012, 02:46:50 PM »

Sloop John B
Wouldn't It Be Nice
California Girls
Good Vibrations
Rock and Roll Music
Surfin' USA

Justin - I love your passion for the music! 

Bravo!  Wink

ha thanks man!  Cool I figured since we weren't getting the live feed there should have been something for us to view the gig.  All the wonderful comments from people there was as close as we were gonna get and in the end, it's almost as good as seeing the show knowing that everyone just got their asses kicked by the Beach Boys. Yes!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »

Did Brian crowdsurf?  Grin

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2012, 02:57:39 PM »

"My life has been made seeing The Beach Boys singing Kokomo. ❤"

T_T
Eireannach
Smiley Smile Associate

bedårar

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 10, 2012, 02:59:17 PM »

I think I'd rather be waterboarded than attend a music festival, but those Tweets made me so want to be there.  It's awesome to see how many people thought they were killing it.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: June 10, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »

Facebook:

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 10, 2012, 03:47:40 PM »

wow, what a crowd for the boys, I love it..

Makes me feel better after Ireland lost today  Undecided

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 10, 2012, 03:55:13 PM »

wow, what a crowd for the boys, I love it..

Makes me feel better after Ireland lost today  Undecided
Yeah.. shame after the 1:1..
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »

What a freaking amazing show that was. I don't even have words right now, I'm still in awe over it! This whole festival thing is so not my scene, but today the atmosphere at the stage was incredible and I loved every second of it. I also managed to get in the very first row behind the pit, along the rail, probably less than 50 yards from the center of the stage. I hope all of y'all who went had fun!

I was SO paranoid yesterday because the weather forecast said there was a 60% chance of thunderstorms all day. The only time it rained noticeably was during God Only Knows...it seriously lasted pretty much only the duration of that song and then stopped.

Good lord, that was amazing. Can't say it enough!
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2012, 06:09:43 PM »

If only they had dropped Kokomo...the hipster audience that tends to be the bulk of these festivals in no way would ever like that song.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »

If only they had dropped Kokomo...the hipster audience that tends to be the bulk of these festivals in no way would ever like that song.

Ah, see, a *real* hipster would embrace a song like Kokomo ironically, in much the same way that novelty acts like Rolf Harris got a fanbase of indie kids in the 1990s...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2012, 06:21:20 PM »

No Nick Walusko? And someone said they didn't see him at the show before, either... hope everything's OK with him...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2012, 06:22:32 PM »

During Saturday's show, this tatted-out dude wearing a Godsmack shirt half ran/skipped down the hill giddy as a school girl when Kokomo came on, and he knew all the words. I about lost my sh*t when I saw that.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SG7
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2012, 06:38:23 PM »

No Nick Walusko? And someone said they didn't see him at the show before, either... hope everything's OK with him...

Brow

Very strange.
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 10, 2012, 06:48:41 PM »

I like this line from Mike Love today, "We're never going to grow up and neither are you."
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 10, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »

What a freaking amazing show that was. I don't even have words right now, I'm still in awe over it! This whole festival thing is so not my scene, but today the atmosphere at the stage was incredible and I loved every second of it. I also managed to get in the very first row behind the pit, along the rail, probably less than 50 yards from the center of the stage. I hope all of y'all who went had fun!

I was SO paranoid yesterday because the weather forecast said there was a 60% chance of thunderstorms all day. The only time it rained noticeably was during God Only Knows...it seriously lasted pretty much only the duration of that song and then stopped.

Good lord, that was amazing. Can't say it enough!

Pretty please post some video?  Grin

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 10, 2012, 06:54:22 PM »

Oh gosh, the video I took would probably make you dizzy because of how shaky it is, but I'll see what I can do. No promises, though! :D

By the way, no Arcade Fire cover.

Brian played bass for Barbara Ann and Fun, Fun, Fun which was cool!

And it was Mike who said, "As we used to say in southern California: that was bitchin!" I don't know what prompted whoever it was to say/tweet that Mike was acting like a douche...maybe because he kept talking to the crowd, but he wasn't being douchey. He was awesome, IMO.

When Help Me, Rhonda started I shouted at Al to sing from his heart...I'm just gonna tell myself that he heard me, because he sang the hell out of it Grin
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2012, 06:56:33 PM »

The audience singing along to "Help Me Rhonda" has been a highlight in EVERY show.  Can't imagine how epic it sounded out there today.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »

Oh gosh, the video I took would probably make you dizzy because of how shaky it is, but I'll see what I can do. No promises, though! :D

By the way, no Arcade Fire cover.

Brian played bass for Barbara Ann and Fun, Fun, Fun which was cool!

And it was Mike who said, "As we used to say in southern California: that was bitchin!" I don't know what prompted whoever it was to say/tweet that Mike was acting like a douche...maybe because he kept talking to the crowd, but he wasn't being douchey. He was awesome, IMO.

When Help Me, Rhonda started I shouted at Al to sing from his heart...I'm just gonna tell myself that he heard me, because he sang the hell out of it Grin

Thanks for the great info! How was the crowd?

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2012, 06:59:48 PM »

bwhahaha! Brilliant! I'm ashamed I didn't think of that, or at least to encourage him to watch his oos and ahs.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2012, 07:02:01 PM »

Some cool snaps, damn the watermarks

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx