gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:21:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 27: Bonnaroo Festival - Manchester, TN 6/10/12  (Read 73308 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2012, 02:03:13 PM »

It's just strange, because it was announced (in the zin'pak-thing?) that the BBs' set will be braodcasted.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2012, 02:09:52 PM »

I suppose things do change.  I honestly can't think of one good reason why they would opt out of being broadcast.  Not one.
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2012, 02:12:07 PM »

I suppose things do change.  I honestly can't think of one good reason why they would opt out of being broadcast.  Not one.

Did you see the Tonight Show last night? Cheesy

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2012, 02:19:40 PM »

After that Leno apperance, I can see Mike Love put on his Clint Eastwood face and say "I'ma gonna kick Bonnaroo's ass and I want everyone to see it!"   Smokin

I wonder if each band had to pay some kind of fee or amount in order to allow their performance to be broadcast?  Or maybe some kind of term or restriction that the BB didn't agree with or something they didn't wanna pay?  I'm honestly digging for SOMETHING for why they would back out...but coming up empty handed.  Without any good reason we'd have to chalk it up to just the simple: they didn't want any sub-par ill-recieved performance to be broadcast all over the internets.  They were nervous about it so they backed out. 
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »

easy, the fest didn't meet their price.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2012, 06:20:11 PM »

Absolutely awful decision

A live show to millions of viewers around the world, AND THEY TURN IT DOWN..

Incredible

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2012, 06:23:56 PM »

Absolutely awful decision

A live show to millions of viewers around the world, AND THEY TURN IT DOWN..

Incredible

they probably want more control on what performances get out.
meltedwhiskeyinmyhand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2012, 06:53:16 AM »

Folks, let's get a grip.   Most of us are upset just because we were all looking forward to WATCHING it live.  It's not like they backed out of the festival.  They're still playing to an indie crowd at a huge festival.  Not broadcasting it...blunder, yes.  End of the world?  No.

who ever said end of the world?
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2012, 08:52:37 AM »

They are gonna release a 'Beach Boys live 50th anniversary tour' on DVD and it will go on the market sometime soon.

If they would allow streaming some people would certainly record it and then it will circulate the internet and damage sales of the live material they are releasing thus compromising profits and also their reputation if Bonnaroo performance is sub-par. they want their best to be out in the open, not something average or below.

This is why they are recording several perfomances, to capture a good one, with good crowd etc.

They might record Bonnaroo and eventually release it, but at some later stage (and if the recording is good enought).
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2012, 09:09:00 AM »

Hell, everyone loves Don't Hurt My Little Sister, yet I hate that song with a passion.

Me too! I was under the impression that it was one of the most disliked tracks on Today! but there's a chance I've distorted my perception to believe the opinions of the masses align with my own  LOL

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2012, 10:55:56 AM »

I love the Beach Boys but standing in the sun with 100,000 people around me isn't really the ideal place to see them
I hear you. Like Danny Glover's quote... "I'm too old for this sh*t". That is no longer my idea of a fun time. I hope they are coming to Philly. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

LOL  LOL  LOL
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2012, 11:20:22 AM »

Oh man, they pulled out of the festival?

Does that mean Brian's gonna abandon work on the next album?

I'm feelin' some weird deja vu.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2012, 11:56:19 AM »

They are gonna release a 'Beach Boys live 50th anniversary tour' on DVD and it will go on the market sometime soon.

If they would allow streaming some people would certainly record it and then it will circulate the internet and damage sales of the live material they are releasing thus compromising profits and also their reputation if Bonnaroo performance is sub-par. they want their best to be out in the open, not something average or below.

This is why they are recording several perfomances, to capture a good one, with good crowd etc.

They might record Bonnaroo and eventually release it, but at some later stage (and if the recording is good enought).

What it really means is they won't release a DVD without re-recording any parts, in a studio, which they don't feel are up to their standards

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2012, 12:29:47 PM »

Oh man, they pulled out of the festival?

Does that mean Brian's gonna abandon work on the next album?

I'm feelin' some weird deja vu.

I know you're joking, but your joke is based on a falsehood, they didn't pull out of the festival, it's just not being broadcast over the internet.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2012, 10:32:46 AM »

Thank you Real Beach Boy for your help!

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »

Anyone going to this?

Hopefully the reason they held back on broadcasting this was because they intend on using the footage for their own DVD release of the Festival.  Ha..yeah right!
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2012, 06:58:03 AM »

So, no one's going? What time are they playing? Any idea?

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2012, 07:55:07 AM »

3-4:30

http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/events/2012/06/10/

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2012, 07:57:29 AM »

Thanks!

sheknowsmetoowell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2012, 11:43:21 AM »

I'm watching the live stream of Gary Clark Jr. on YouTube. And I spy with my little eye... Cool
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2012, 11:45:30 AM »

I'm watching the live stream of Gary Clark Jr. on YouTube. And I spy with my little eye... Cool

Maybe they'll change their mind last minute!

sheknowsmetoowell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »

I don't think they will, they have the whole schedule of live streams up for the rest of the day. And there's only two channels. No sign of The Beach Boys being broadcasted  Undecided
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2012, 11:48:45 AM »

Well, here's the thing.  Look at the schedule.  They're massively behind.  And, the Boys perform right after Gary Clark Jr, on that same stage.  Maybe we'll catch a glimpse?

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2012, 11:50:54 AM »

Maybe they'll change their mind last minute!

Seeing the BB bass drum isn't a sign of them reconsidering the broadcast, the crew have just setup their equipment right behind Gary Clark Jr so it'll be a quick change between sets. 
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2012, 11:52:33 AM »

Yes, obviously, it was just a joke.  I just thought maybe we'll catch a glimpse of them on stage.

Well, nothing.  No glimpse, though I noticed underneath the video on the feed that a few people wanted to see the Boys. Oh well, let's hope there's some good video.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:01:13 PM by Zach95 » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx