gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:36:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 27: Bonnaroo Festival - Manchester, TN 6/10/12  (Read 72898 times)
grooveblaster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2012, 09:59:52 AM »

I just saw this.

Beach Boys on the Bonnaroo 2012 Festival lineup

http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:29:11 AM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »

Stoked!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 10:16:44 AM »

Foster the People are on the bill too apparently. Think they'll jam with the Beach Boys again?  LOL
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:24:19 AM »

Incredible, whoever is booking this tour is a genius

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 10:36:42 AM »

*austin city limits festival* COME OOOON..............they need to release the tour dates already ef.
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 10:56:16 AM »

I think doing a festival like that will be a good way for the BBs to garner some new fans who never paid attention or took them seriously. The experience might also be a good influence on them as they will have the opportunity to see a lot of younger groups doing their thing. This is all very cool.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »

With them doing some high profile gigs like the Grammys and now these festivals, it's a fantastic way to remind people of their legacy.  Throw in the archive releases, which I hope get the same treatment as the Beatles catalog...this should regain some respect that Beach Boys had lost in the last 20 years.   
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »

Ha! Man, I went to this festival last summer for Buffalo Springfield. Hilarious the Beach Boys are playing, one of America's oldest running institutions at what has become one of America's new institutions for festivals. INSANELY hot and dusty @ 'Roo though...  3D

meltedwhiskeyinmyhand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 11:59:50 AM »

I went to the first 3 Bonnaroos, they were a great time. I really think the Beach Boys will get a great response there. No telling who will stroll out on stage with them there!
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 12:09:18 PM »

I went to the first 3 Bonnaroos, they were a great time. I really think the Beach Boys will get a great response there. No telling who will stroll out on stage with them there!

Beach Boys reunion/Phish on the same bill - lol  LOL

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 12:26:32 PM »

I went to the first 3 Bonnaroos, they were a great time. I really think the Beach Boys will get a great response there.

If it'll be anything like Brian at Glastonbury then it's gonna be a success

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
GeorgeFellInHisHorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 12:32:12 PM »

I AM SO TOTALLY GOING TO THIS

feelflows
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 12:42:21 PM »

Currently weighing my desire to go to my first festival and see the Beach Boys against my fear of Tennessee in June...

Great news, anyway.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 01:23:08 PM »

I love the Beach Boys but standing in the sun with 100,000 people around me isn't really the ideal place to see them

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »

I love the Beach Boys but standing in the sun with 100,000 people around me isn't really the ideal place to see them
I hear you. Like Danny Glover's quote... "I'm too old for this sh*t". That is no longer my idea of a fun time. I hope they are coming to Philly. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 01:43:58 PM »

Currently weighing my desire to go to my first festival and see the Beach Boys against my fear of Tennessee in June...

Great news, anyway.

I'm from Knoxville, TN, which happens to be the home of the company that books the roo, and I will attest to the fact that TN in June is HOT AS HELL!!!

Even still, I'm strongly considering going to my first Bonnaroo!  There are some good acts playing this year alongside the boys.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
meltedwhiskeyinmyhand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »

A couple of thoughts,

Taping is generally allowed at Bonnaroo (at least the years I went) so tapes from their set should be available after the show.

Several tapers have started using Ustream and live broadcasting the shows, If a link pops up around then , I'll be sure to share it.

The Bonnaroo website has been live streaming select acts the last several years (multiple cameras and a soundboard feed). Who knows, maybe the beach boys will do it, I think it would be great exposure to a younger crowd.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 02:31:28 PM »

The Bonnaroo website has been live streaming select acts the last several years (multiple cameras and a soundboard feed). Who knows, maybe the beach boys will do it, I think it would be great exposure to a younger crowd.

I was talking with a friend today about something similar. We were wondering if any shows would get streamed (like Brian's Stockholm (?) show a few years ago) or made public in some way. Their first performance is at a jazz festival and those things get filmed for TV from time to time. I would love to have some material of the boys at the end of the year

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »

Great news, anyway.

I'm from Knoxville, TN, which happens to be the home of the company that books the roo, and I will attest to the fact that TN in June is HOT AS HELL!!!

Even still, I'm strongly considering going to my first Bonnaroo!  There are some good acts playing this year alongside the boys.

The heat is compounded by being in the sun 12 hours a day and then camping in the heat! And its dusty. And it takes a long time to walk anywhere on site. But! Its a really really really fun time. Last year they had classic artists like Loretta Lynn, Wanda Jackson, Buffalo Springfield and they all went over well. If you are in Knoxville though you could go home at night after the fest.....best of both worlds

meltedwhiskeyinmyhand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 06:31:59 AM »

I was talking with a friend today about something similar. We were wondering if any shows would get streamed (like Brian's Stockholm (?) show a few years ago) or made public in some way. Their first performance is at a jazz festival and those things get filmed for TV from time to time. I would love to have some material of the boys at the end of the year

I didnt even think about Jazz Fest. WWOZ broadcasts sets from the festival on their website.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 08:40:23 AM »

I didnt even think about Jazz Fest. WWOZ broadcasts sets from the festival on their website.

Great. Do you know if it will be archived for later listening ? Let's hope they'll play the BBs

EDIT:
Just checked out WWOZ's site. Very nice radio stream right now. Good ol' Jazz and not this modern free jazz (I can't stand the latter very much). Love it !
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:52:26 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
sheknowsmetoowell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 02:34:31 PM »

Hopefully it will make up for their lack of presence at the '67 Monterey Pop Festival.
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

Help you in whatever you do

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 02:51:03 PM »

Does anyone know if they sell one day passes? I live in Nashville, but never been to Bonnaroo.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:52:30 PM by over and over » Logged

"Give me a break, I'm trying something new." - Brian Wilson
meltedwhiskeyinmyhand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 08:23:20 AM »

Does anyone know if they sell one day passes? I live in Nashville, but never been to Bonnaroo.

They have in the past
MBE
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »

Really neat booking.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx