gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 08:42:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can any collectors out there…  (Read 1378 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2012, 05:03:03 PM »

… point out any differences please? Same label, apparently the same gig…

“We live in divisive times.”
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 05:11:34 PM »

Can't see the pictures.......

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 05:39:19 PM »

These links work Mikie?

http://www.giginjapan.com/scan162/beach-boys-closing.htm

http://www.giginjapan.com/scan111/beach-boys-wondervib.htm

I suspect they're identical, sound-wise, and maybe even taken from a stream at the Wolfgang's Vault site, though if I remember right "It's About Time" is cut short on the Vault recording..  There was only one gig at that venue on that day so there's no chance of an early and a late show, esp as it was the Fillmore's last night and more of a festival.  I read somewhere (Eric's site, I think?) that Elton John might have played keyboard on HMR…

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 06:07:39 PM »

Yeah, you know this show has been circulating for years, right? Closing of the Filmore East. Going back to the vinyl bootleg days. This is either a re-package of the same recording or something new that was just found. I suspect the former. I can't remember if I've ever heard the show with "It's About Time" in its entirety. Don't think it exists. It says this is a soundboard though, so maybe it's a better quality recording. Or just a B.S. release from Japan.

I was just thinking the other day about the "Madison Square Garden" bootleg on vinyl - I think it was the first bootleg I ever picked up. Dennis is on the front of the black and white cover. It's actually the Princeton University show from November, 1971. Live versions of tracks from the Sunflower and Surf's Up albums. I'd love to have that entire show in soundboard quality!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »

That was the 1st BB boot i ever bought also at the capitol records swap meet..!975 or 76
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 07:51:05 PM »

Ah, The Capitol Records parking lot record swap meet. Exact same spot where the Shut Down II album cover shot was taken. Right on top of the echo chambers that the studios used. Pulled some nice rare records out of that swap meet in the early-mid 70's. Good times. Mr. Manning, you shoulda been there!

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 02:25:28 AM »

Ah, you've all prompted me to dig out an old vinyl boot: Fillmore East Final Concert, with an unlikely two from our boys – "Your Song" and "Riot Going On", plus others by Country Joe, Allmon (sic) Bros, Mountain, Edgar Winters etc.

Would appear to be a mini selection from the same date.

I'd've been dangerous at a record swap… broke and destitute, even more so than I's is today!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx