gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:19:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 166 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album info (as it rolls out...)  (Read 1055997 times)
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 06:34:51 PM »

I love "No Wrong Notes in Heaven"! It would be a great one for the BBs to record.
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 08:15:35 PM »

Bill Jackson?
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 04:22:07 AM »

That's Why God Made the Radio Was I the only one that immediately thought of that song by Paul Simon, "That's Why God Made the Movies"? Razz

No , I thought of that song from One Trick Pony as well (great song though)
Might be a re-write however lets hope its a new song

.... And I thought of No Wrong Notes in Heaven by Scotty Bennett.

Scotty Bennett and Brian Wilson, actually.

"No Wrong Notes In Heaven" made its initial appearance on ESQ's 2003 Dennis Wilson tribute CD, "One In A Million."
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 04:30:13 AM »

"That's Why God Made The Radio" sounds worlds closer to being something Summer In Paradise-esque than any classic Beach Boys track. I'm wary, but then I realize it's just a song title, so we'll see.

"The Private Life of Bill And Sue", on the other hand, sounds purty interesting.

Mike, God bless 'im, being named executive producer is a little scary, as well. I love 'im to death, but I can't think of many Mike Love-centric projects in the past that I've been a huge fan of. Obviously "executive producer" is a bit ambiguous, but it's generally the guy who have the most authority over what goes, what stays, how it should sound, how it should be presented, etc. etc. etc. "Do It Again" goes down well enough, so hay, we'll see.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:36:34 AM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 05:12:42 AM »

This was posted by Bruce on BBBritain:

FYI: The album we are recording has some amazing moments and we are not driven by the stress of 'are there any hit singles in the new album'......
But there is one Brian song that I play over & over & over!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 05:54:51 AM »

I'm gonna guess Bruce is playing that God/Radio tune....sounds like there is a lot of buzz surrounding that track  Grin

Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 05:57:42 AM »

FYI: The album we are recording has some amazing moments and we are not driven by the stress of 'are there any hit singles in the new album'......
As in "we don't care" or "there are plenty of them"?

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 06:06:35 AM »

Lets just say thanks to the happy sounds inside its sure to sell a million units, in January

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 07:11:10 AM »

Meaning, I think, that they're getting on a bit age-wise, are content, living in the moment and just aren't concerned with making an album that appeals to the mass market. They're letting their artistic juices flow, enjoying themselves, and have enough money in the bank for album sales not to matter - they can just make music that pleases them, and hopefully us.

I hope…

“We live in divisive times.”
SBonilla
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 07:29:23 AM »

Meaning, I think, that they're getting on a bit age-wise, are content, living in the moment and just aren't concerned with making an album that appeals to the mass market. They're letting their artistic juices flow, enjoying themselves, and have enough money in the bank for album sales not to matter - they can just make music that pleases them, and hopefully us.

I hope…
I see it as Brian and Mike contractually having artistic control of this project; as such, the record company will be bound to accept and release whatever is delivered to them.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 10:35:41 AM »

That Bruce quote sounds great.  I'm really thankful they're not singles-driven here.  I pray that Mike has restrained himself from dropping more Beach Boy song titles in the lyrics.... "We were good vibratin' on a Grammy stage, thinking wouldn't it be nice to do it again???"

D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 11:01:55 AM »

That Bruce quote sounds great.  I'm really thankful they're not singles-driven here.  I pray that Mike has restrained himself from dropping more Beach Boy song titles in the lyrics.... "We were good vibratin' on a Grammy stage, thinking wouldn't it be nice to do it again???"

Don't tempt him !  Grin
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2012, 11:50:30 AM »

I hope…
I see it as Brian and Mike contractually having artistic control of this project; as such, the record company will be bound to accept and release whatever is delivered to them.

I see it as Brian viewed PS's. It was the whole album rather than a hit or hits with filler. Nice if that turns out to be the case.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 05:12:41 PM »

I think this is hilarious  LOL LOL LOL LOL

The  B104 FM music news page is now quoting this board, and it's posts, as an official news source on the new album.
http://www.b104fm.com/musicnews.htm

"THE BEACH BOYS HAVE FOUR REUNION TRACKS IN THE CAN

2012 will be the year that the surviving Beach Boys hit the road behind a new album for the first time in over 25 years. Over the course of their press duties publicizing their brief -- but acclaimed -- appearance on Sunday's (February 12th) Grammy telecast, the band revealed several titles of new songs, which have already whetted the appetite of fans.

The preeminent Beach Boys message board, SmileySmile.net, posted that a total of four newly recorded tracks have been announced: "Shelter," "The Private Life Of Bill And Sue," "That's Why God Made The Radio" -- and the group's initial reunion track, the remake of their 1968 classic "Do It Again," which the band laid down last June.
No title or release date for the set has been made public, but the Beach Boys' tour itinerary will be announced tomorrow (February 15th). The Beach Boys are: Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, David Marks, and Bruce Johnston.

We asked Brian Wilson if he was happy with the way the group gelled in the studio after 15 years apart: ["Oh yeah, I was thrilled! Not one of those guys needs any work -- they're all great. Yeah, they're all good."] SOUNDCUE (:04 OC: . . . they're all good)
Beach Boys co-founder Al Jardine met Brian Wilson when they were both in high school in Southern California playing on the Hawthorne Cougars football team back in the late 1950's. He told us that even as teens Wilson's talent was always there: ["Brian was like a divining rod. Whenever he touched the keys to that piano, something happened and I don't even think he understands it."] SOUNDCUE (:07 OC: . . . he understands it)
FAST FACTS

The Beach Boys' only officially announced shows in the U.S. are set for April 27th at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and May 12th in Uncasville, Connecticut at the Mohegan Sun Arena."

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 05:17:19 PM »

The  B104 FM music news page is now quoting this board, and it's posts, as an official news source on the new album.

"THE BEACH BOYS HAVE FOUR REUNION TRACKS IN THE CAN

2012 will be the year that the surviving Beach Boys hit the road behind a new album for the first time in over 25 years. Over the course of their press duties publicizing their brief -- but acclaimed -- appearance on Sunday's (February 12th) Grammy telecast, the band revealed several titles of new songs, which have already whetted the appetite of fans.

The preeminent Beach Boys message board, SmileySmile.net, posted that a total of four newly recorded tracks have been announced: "Shelter," "The Private Life Of Bill And Sue," "That's Why God Made The Radio" -- and the group's initial reunion track, the remake of their 1968 classic "Do It Again," which the band laid down last June.
No title or release date for the set has been made public, but the Beach Boys' tour itinerary will be announced tomorrow (February 15th). The Beach Boys are: Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, David Marks, and Bruce Johnston.

We asked Brian Wilson if he was happy with the way the group gelled in the studio after 15 years apart: ["Oh yeah, I was thrilled! Not one of those guys needs any work -- they're all great. Yeah, they're all good."] SOUNDCUE (:04 OC: . . . they're all good)
Beach Boys co-founder Al Jardine met Brian Wilson when they were both in high school in Southern California playing on the Hawthorne Cougars football team back in the late 1950's. He told us that even as teens Wilson's talent was always there: ["Brian was like a divining rod. Whenever he touched the keys to that piano, something happened and I don't even think he understands it."] SOUNDCUE (:07 OC: . . . he understands it)
FAST FACTS

The Beach Boys' only officially announced shows in the U.S. are set for April 27th at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and May 12th in Uncasville, Connecticut at the Mohegan Sun Arena."

Definite  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 05:19:03 PM »

So who wants to bump this old thread of mine....?  LOL

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,8854.0.html

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 07:58:02 PM »

just one bruce??
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 11:40:45 PM »

Guys....

I really want this to be good

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012, 12:40:18 AM »

Hey, were more legit than most news sources  LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2012, 01:07:33 AM »

Sometimes having AGD around is a good thing...

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2012, 02:57:43 AM »

I hope…
Sounds good to me.  Smiley

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2012, 09:49:04 AM »

Sometimes having AGD around is a good thing...

he's just a big cuddly teddy bear!

Evil

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2012, 10:37:04 AM »

Mike, God bless 'im, being named executive producer is a little scary, as well. I love 'im to death, but I can't think of many Mike Love-centric projects in the past that I've been a huge fan of. Obviously "executive producer" is a bit ambiguous, but it's generally the guy who have the most authority over what goes, what stays, how it should sound, how it should be presented, etc. etc. etc. "Do It Again" goes down well enough, so hay, we'll see.

+1   

I hope there's a Quality Control system in place apart from the Executive Producer.  And considering the participants, there is probably a team of lawyers who have to approve the final product.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2012, 11:38:38 AM »

+1   

I hope there's a Quality Control system in place apart from the Executive Producer.  And considering the participants, there is probably a team of lawyers who have to approve the final product.
Probably truer than we know, too. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2012, 04:37:03 PM »

Hey, were more legit than most news sources  LOL

Yeah, if they were quoting AGD, Jon S. or other honored guests.

They haven't.  Haven't heard AGD confirm those titles (cept Do It Again of course)

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 166 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx