gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:37:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complete BB Grammy video here.  (Read 16407 times)
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »

If you'd like to see more of how the stage looked and the light show, click here for an audience recorded movie of the performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPs5r2mcoEM

I tell you this: after seeing that clip I shamefully take back whatever I said and thought about Brian's singing and presence. He sounds beautifully, nails his vocal and completely restores my expectations for his performances on the tour. He's singing great, period.

Perhaps he'll sing much more comfortably and relaxed on a BB setting than solo. And the mix was much better live, it seems, so it is likely that -as sometimes- TV mixes, and this was a very comoplex one, are unfair to the live act.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »

If you'd like to see more of how the stage looked and the light show, click here for an audience recorded movie of the performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPs5r2mcoEM

I tell you this: after seeing that clip I shamefully take back whatever I said and thought about Brian's singing and presence. He sounds beautifully, nails his vocal and completely restores my expectations for his performances on the tour. He's singing great, period.

Perhaps he'll sing much more comfortably and relaxed on a BB setting than solo. And the mix was much better live, it seems, so it is likely that -as sometimes- TV mixes, and this was a very comoplex one, are unfair to the live act.
Well said!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2012, 05:28:01 PM »

I can't tell from the video, but it appears that the reason they crowd cheered at such a strange place was because that was when they flashed Brian on the television screens... it must have been something else to see that it was actually HIM singing that!  The crowd's half full of musicians, many of them are probably well aware of who's who. 
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2012, 05:35:25 PM »

I can't tell from the video, but it appears that the reason they crowd cheered at such a strange place was because that was when they flashed Brian on the television screens... it must have been something else to see that it was actually HIM singing that!  The crowd's half full of musicians, many of them are probably well aware of who's who. 
Great point Ron!! The more I watch this, the more I can't believe how good it is!!
WOW[/b]

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2012, 05:39:51 PM »

I'm so over the moon about this!  I think it's because of the corner we had worked ourselves into. 

First, it was "Oh, i hope this is good, it may not be.  I wonder how Brian is?"

then we see it on t.v., and it's "Oh! That was good! Shame about Brian though, but I guess that's all we expect from him in this stage of his career, he must have been so frightened"

then today after seeing this cell-phone video, it's

"OH sh*t.... not only was he not afraid of the crowd, he completely OWNED the performance and sang it with beauty my voice will never have in it, because he's BRIAN FUCKING WILSON!!!!"

Haha.  Such a great video, great time to be a fan right now, guys!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2012, 05:42:58 PM »

I just love how the crowd/peers, cheer and scream when they hear Brian...Shivers down my spine.
And from all reports they were all rushed out there and it all happened so quickly.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:39:20 PM by 18thofMay » Logged

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2012, 05:45:26 PM »

What it comes down to is, they're pros!  Brian's played that song 10,000 times Mike played that song 10,000 times at Hotels all around the USA just in the last year.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2012, 06:18:49 PM »

[deleted] Oops wrong thread!!!  I'll post this in the proper thread1
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:29:25 PM by Eric Aniversario » Logged
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2012, 06:25:33 PM »

Very happy to see this video up and running in final edited form!  Just an observation...does anyone think that this video has been designed for the modern-day average joe who has an attention span of about 3 seconds?  I counted the scene changes, and depending on how you count, there are at LEAST 129 different scene changes in this 177-second video!  No exaggeration! 

Not a complaint, just an observation!!!  Cheesy

My English class did some sort of study on scene changes for modern film and television, and like you said, it's ridiculous.  It has everything to do with the general public's attention span.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2012, 06:33:55 PM »

I wondered that myself, could possibly be Scott or Darian on the keys with a cello sound?

I thought the same thing. But the cello sounds too good imo 

That is a point, maybe AGD or someone can help us out?
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2012, 06:37:22 PM »

Very happy to see this video up and running in final edited form!  Just an observation...does anyone think that this video has been designed for the modern-day average joe who has an attention span of about 3 seconds?  I counted the scene changes, and depending on how you count, there are at LEAST 129 different scene changes in this 177-second video!  No exaggeration! 

Not a complaint, just an observation!!!  Cheesy

My English class did some sort of study on scene changes for modern film and television, and like you said, it's ridiculous.  It has everything to do with the general public's attention span.

I noticed all the cuts too, I guess that's how they do it these days.  If it sells records, good for them!

Probably comes more down to, the editors only know how to do it that way. 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2012, 10:48:26 PM »

Brian sounds phenomenal...and confident. I think he might have been wanting a reunion a lot more than he ever let on. And there's something that many are overlooking...HE IS PLAYING THE PIANO AND IT IS AUDIBLE (here's a hint...it's playing in unison with the organ-sounding keys). You also hear him say "right" right at around 1:52. It's him, Al, and Dave singing the "Good Vibrations bop bop" which was actually louder on the tv mix. The shouted "Exci-" part right before the bridge is Brian as well.

I'm suddenly extremely excited for this reunion more than ever.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:49:51 PM by I fought the Foo and the Foo Won » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2012, 02:23:55 AM »

The shouted "Exci-" part right before the bridge is Brian as well.

I'm suddenly extremely excited for this reunion more than ever.

I'm thinking that's Al. But yes, agreed, this is exciting!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2012, 05:48:31 AM »

The "good vibrations bop bop...."'s sound exactly like the record thanks to Al's still fantastic sounding voice

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2012, 10:56:49 AM »

Here's another audience filmed video. You can see the boys taking the stage 8sort of...).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWLXh6ie8sI

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SBonilla
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »

I wondered that myself, could possibly be Scott or Darian on the keys with a cello sound?

I thought the same thing. But the cello sounds too good imo 

That is a point, maybe AGD or someone can help us out?
Sounded like a sample to me.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2012, 02:51:15 PM »

The audience recordings are so good!!

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2012, 11:16:01 PM »

The Beach Boys must be on a Fantastic high right now.! Jeez what a band .!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx