gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:40:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sail On Sailor in Endless Harmony documentary  (Read 1394 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2012, 02:11:53 PM »

In the film, there's some amazing footage of the Holland-era band playing Sail On Sailor.  Does anybody know where this is from and if there's more available video from this concert or the period?

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 02:18:37 PM »

Someone will have more detail but the footage and track are from different shows. Track is the 'In Concert' version I believe.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 02:20:42 PM »

Iirc the footage is home movie 8mm stuff or something to that effect. Alan Boyd mentioned that in his thread some time. At least that's what I remember. Wouldn't be too surprised if it came from Billy Hinsche who seems to have lots of this kind of footage

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 02:23:28 PM »

Hmm, I guess that means the footage was shot silent.  But if somebody made a movie using any available footage from that tour dubbing it to available audio, I'd totally buy it.  Not that such a thing would happen but still!

Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 03:55:52 PM »

It's from a show in Santa Barbara that I shot in 16mm, & Billy shot in 8mm.  Both are silent, however, mine was shot with crystal sync, and Alan did an amazing job matching the sound - which is what Dennis had said we'd be able to do at that time!  (Unfortunately, Moffitt couldn't do it with the finesse that Boyd did...)
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 11:35:45 AM »

WELL..Ahem..MMM .Sure like to see the rest of that footage..Its shot in day time..Any other memories of that show ED.? Who else was on the bill.?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx